Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 4:22 AM
Default Am I building my Elevator correctly?
I made a gym with an elevator to get to the 3rd floor. My sim won't go in it.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
did you make sure it is aligned to the yellow boxes? try not to use "move objects on"

I deleted the shaft and turned off moveobjects on. When I tried to put the shaft back in it wouldn't be placed, so I put flooring in the 2x2 sized room on the second floor. My sim is still unable to enter the elevator.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 9:20 PM
Yeah, I went with common sense because elevators can't go up when there's flooring above, so I left all of the 2x2 rooms floor-less (except for ground level of course)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 9:21 PM
But I will see to all of this and get back to you
dodgy builder
#7 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:36 PM
If you still can't make it work, remove all the furniture close by, demolish walls around the shaft. It's usually what I do to trouble shoot. Then you might find what's causing it, and can put things back.

If you're using cc close by, they may have effect where they shouldn't.

I must say my instinct tells me you have walls like a hallway by the elevator entrance, I would have liked it to have more room by the entrance.
Theorist
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 1:49 PM
I've found when building with an elevator, best thing to do is make your building with just the floors, put in the elevator shafts, wall it in then build the rest of the floors. Lastly decorate and you should be alright.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥