Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 3:38 PM
Default New to TS3
So, after reinstalling the Sims 2 again, my game just keeps crashing. I'm finally giving it up, and trying out TS3 since their CC won't be so old and corrupted. What can I expect to be different with TS3 in regards to general gameplay and what's needed for CC?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 4:07 PM
Ummm.... well I would say a lot of essential mods have been made by Twallan and are all hosted at the NRAAS wikispace. As far as actual CC and non-essential mods go it depends on how you want to play. If I wasn't such a perfectionist I could probably play the sims 3 with the only CC being a skin to stop townies from being ugly. While I do download from simblrs and the TSR I still recommend this site for reliable downloads.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 4:39 PM
Here's a thread that's still on the front page of this board with some useful answers in it:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=472435

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 5:40 PM
Regarding the gameplay... hrm I would actually say in this case your own experiences of the game matters I mean it's the sims, so moods and taking care of a sim and life states are still a thing, but of course it's just a matter of finding out whether you really enjoy the open world and moodlets and traits, etc.
Site Helper
#5 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 9:17 PM
One thing you may fall in love with very quickly is the CAST tool. You can use it to recolor almost anything, drag colors and color blends from one object to another or even to a different channel of the object you are working on, and make cheaper houses by taking the really cheap walls and floors and recoloring them with things like brick and tile patterns to make it look like a much more expensive house.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook