Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 3:16 AM
Default How to disable Festivals
Love having the different seasons in the game, but dislike having festivals for every season. Can we turn off that "feature," but still have the seasons change on the lot? (I know how to get the Seasonal Lot Marker in debug buy, but I believe it also triggers the festivals.)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 3:41 AM
Hmm... Just bulldoze the festival lot?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 4:10 AM
The festivals are not triggered by the lot marker. I don't have one in my hood still I have the festivals. The festival always happens at the end of the season. One way to work around it would be to drag the season's length, and then manually change the season from settings before the festival comes. By default the season is max 28, so you could play 1 week seasons, then change, or get a mod to extend the max value and have longer seasons.

I've tried looking at the tuning files but haven't yet found anything about this, this doesn't mean it's not there, just that I've not found it.
Theorist
#4 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 4:37 AM
As Ani_ already said, the festivals happen at the end of each season so there's no getting around it. I have festival lots in my worlds and TBH, once my families have done the festivals once (a bit more if there's kiddies), I totally ignore it. They get the day off from work and get paid for it and life just goes on. I have worlds that have normal season length and other worlds that have extended length and as I said, I've more or less ignored it after the first few times. That's how I play my games.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 6:20 AM
I didn't add any special festival lots. The festivals just appeared in the largest town park of my existing hoods. If I bulldoze those, will the festival just show up somewhere else? I can ignore the action, but I dislike having my park filled with all the festival booths and décor. At least it's good to know that I can manually adjust seasons to try to avoid the festivals, but I'd prefer to be able to manage when and where they appear. Hope you can find something in those tuning mods, Ani.
Scholar
#6 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 6:28 AM
The easiest way would be just to change the lot type of your Festival lot to something else (like big/small park).

If you mean the holidays that occur towards the end of a season, I believe NRaas Tempest allows you to alter them, though I don't recall if they can be omitted altogether.

I usually leave a festival set as a park lot until the actual holiday, turn it into a festival lot for that day, then back into a park lot afterwards.

EDIT: If you've got the version of a park with all the festival attractions on it, that's the festival lot, it's either been auto-placed by the game when you started the town, or you've placed it with the prompt you get when you load a pre-Seasons save. You can just change the lot type or replace it with the regular park if it's an EA town (the original parks are in the Community Lot part of the library).
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 9:47 AM
If you have space for a smaller festival lot then My Sims Realty have a nice one I use all the time so my parks will act like parks and not a traveling circus. http://mysimrealty.com/Sims3_Community_Seasons.html

It's at the end of the page, Anne Arbor Corner festival is perfect to set out the way and forget about it. All on a 30x30 lot.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 2:53 PM
Thanks for helping me understand this. I just jumped into Sims 3 at the beginning of the month, installing the base game and 5 of the EPs all at once. Everything was "normal" in the hood for the first few days ... which I now realize was before EA's preset timing for festivals. I had noticed "Leisure Day" in the sims' panels, but didn't know what it meant.

Fenton - I don't know how to change the type of lot yet, but will go hunt that info down. Thanks for the tip.

lewisb40! I'm thrilled to have a chance to tell you how much I love your S2 lots. And now, it appears I'll be getting at least one of your S3 lots, too. 'Cuz you are so right about looking like a circus, lol! Haven't yet loaded any custom lots to my game, but I guess I'll go figure that out, too.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 2:57 PM
Okay, back with a stupid question: Can I load the lot lewisb40 linked to if I do not have one of the EPs listed? I don't have Supernatural....
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 7:58 PM
Oops. I am sorry, didn't realize that Supernatural was a requirement. I would try it out anyway, sometimes items are replaced when you don't have everything, but there are chances the lot could crash too. If there was no major objects like a rocking chair on the lot from SN, like terrain paint or a tree/plant, then it will replace. I don't know what stuff from SN is on the lot, I don't hardly visit the lot unless the sims bug me for a picture at the booth.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 8:28 PM
Well, I'm having a hard time placing any lots into the hood. Still trying to learn how to manipulate the sizes. Can't seem to find one that matches up with your lot, lewisb40, but I'll keep trying. :Learning everything all at once is a bit overwhelming....
Mad Poster
#12 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 12:05 AM
I've noticed in my Lots bin that there are two versions of each Big Park lot: the regular version and the Festival Site version. I wonder if that makes any difference?

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Eminence Grise
#13 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 2:11 AM
Just to clarify: there's a difference between FESTIVALS and HOLIDAYS. The festival lot is open for the days of the festival, which is most of the season; the holiday is one day towards the end of the season that the sims get off work (and often get wishes to visit the festival lot). Not having a festival lot will disable the festivals, but not the holidays.

The two copies of each Big Park lot are in your bin because one is the festival version and the other is the plain version. The festival version is there in case you want to use that lot in other worlds, and the plain version is there in case you want to get rid of the festival lot and replace it with the original. For EA worlds that didn't come with EPs, the festival lots are available on the Exchange.
dodgy builder
#14 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 10:47 AM
When making a festival lot, just the zoning of it spawns a seasonal lot marker, and it can't be removed. A bit annoying when you keep changing your mind, like I do all the time. The zoning determines it's opening hours as well. The seasonal marker makes those festivals each season and I saw someone wanted to have only one season, but that didn't seem to have a fix at all.

The seasonal lot marker can also be on other lots and then make the lot change with the seasons.

... hm, there's something off with the logic here

Edit: the zoning has opening hours and spawn a marker wherther you want it or not. The marker makes it possible to set what equipment to be shown on the lot each season. It also has a day or something at the beginning of each season for so called constructing a new season.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 12:42 AM
Meh, I don't care if they roll wants to go to the festival. That's what the right mouse button is for.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 8:53 AM
Can't you just put the festival lot into the lots bin?
So you can put it back if you want?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 12:33 PM
This is a 2013 thread. (!!!!) If there is no festival lot in the world there will be no festivals there as I understand it.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
This is a 2013 thread. (!!!!) If there is no festival lot in the world there will be no festivals there as I understand it.

I am asking first because maybe removing the festival lot from the world can cause errors or something. I'm rather careful with removing default things like that.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#19 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 12:54 PM
Locked thread | Locked by: Greenplumbbob Reason: Necromancy