Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 7:58 PM
Default Help needed! Save files corrupting in custom world
Hi guys, sorry this is quite a long post but this problem is driving me crazy and any help would be much appreciated!

I have made a custom world using CAW. It exported and installed in game without issue, when I open the game I can start a new save in the world and it all seems to function perfectly well. When I save it, it seems to save fine and doesn't give an error message but then when I quit and reload the game the icon for the save file is greyed out and I get the error message "cannot load save file. It may contain expansion pack data which is no longer present on this system".

So I can never load any of my save files. Nightmare! I have spent ages on this world and don't want to lose it!

I have not uninstalled any expansion or stuff packs. I only have a small amount of custom content and I haven't uninstalled any of that either.

All EA worlds work and save correctly and I have another custom world which I made myself which also works and saves just fine so it must be a problem with this particular world file.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what could be causing the problem and how to fix it I would really appreciate it!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 8:45 PM
Does your world use Riverview or any store CC? Did you build it from scratch, or start off with one of the EA worlds (or maybe another custom world) as a base?
Theorist
#3 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 11:21 PM
Does the name of your world contain a period? Like for example, "My World 1.0"? Because having a period in the name will cause this issue.

I think you have to do the export process again to rename it if this is the issue, but others can advise you better on that process since I don't have a lot of experience with CAW, I've just seen this problem from world creators a couple of times before.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 7:44 PM
I built it totally from scratch. Nothing from the store just a couple of lots which I downloaded made by other simmers!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 7:45 PM
Yes! It does have a period! I hope it is something that simple! I will try a new upload with a different name and see if it works. Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 9:04 PM
It worked! Thank you so much! I can't believe I spent three days trying to fix it and it turned out to be the file name!!

Can't thank you enough you have made my day!
Theorist
#7 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rachel_hodges91
It worked! Thank you so much! I can't believe I spent three days trying to fix it and it turned out to be the file name!!

Can't thank you enough you have made my day!

Didn't mean to run out on you, I'm on the road and just now thought to check your thread! You're very welcome and I'm also glad it was a simple fix.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy