Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 5:31 PM
Default Maximum Household value?
I read somewhere that the game will glitch out if you have over a certain amount of money to spend (§99,999,999). Is this true if your household value (the price of objects on your lot) reaches that level? Or maybe it's a combination of money to spend + household value that causes the glitch? I'm trying to avoid it, but I don't understand the specifics.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 10:17 PM
As I understand it, the game cannot handle the display of or calculations involving more than eight digits worth of simoleons with respect to individual sims or households. But that's still a pretty high limit. Do you really have sims in your game with cash or net worth approaching §99 million?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
As I understand it, the game cannot handle the display of or calculations involving more than eight digits worth of simoleons with respect to individual sims or households. But that's still a pretty high limit. Do you really have sims in your game with cash or net worth approaching §99 million?

And if you do is one of them single? My sim with the LTW "Living In the Lap Of Luxury" isn't doing so well achieving that goal.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
The Sims 3 game has limit at 99,999,999 Simoleans. If you acquire more money than this, the excess money gets removed from family funds and a message claiming to put it into "offshore" bank account appears. Contrary to what person may think, payers never are able to access the bank account and get that money. The Sims 3 game will not become glitchy and make mess of future transactions for other families, but family at limit will not be able to gain anymore money. This limit only takes into consideration the amount in family account, and not total value of their lot or lots they own.
I find limit odd though because 32bit application integer limit is of 2,147,483,647 not 99,999,999.

I think the limit is an artificial one. Isn't it 9,999,999 in other iterations of Sims games? But I don't know where I got the idea that it applied to Net Worth as well, thanks for the correction.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Do you really have sims in your game with cash or net worth approaching §99 million?
I'm in the fifth generation of my legacy and we're upto §2,000,000 furnished value and §3,460,000 in cash. So nowhere near the limit, but I'm just planning ahead.

As of the now I'm getting §275,000 every week from investments, ~§60,000 daily from money trees, and whattever money from the four Sims' careers. After the deaths of my prolific painter & sculptor the household value has been climbing pretty quickly, because I've got too many sculptures & paintings hidden in the basement.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?