Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 3:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Veronaville Jump Bug
Okay, I still seem to have the same problem as last time (I have 0 hobby hacks) and yet I"m still getting the "Sent crappy GUID" message. In addition to the "Talk about hobby" in the log, I'm now getting "Pass Along Reward Knowledge". I have no idea what the heck that means. So what's really going on?

My games are as follows: Base game (obviously), University, Open for Business, Celebration Stuff, Family Fun Stuff, Glamour Life Stuff, Seasons, Freetime, Nightlife, H&M Fashion Stuff, IKEA Home Stuff, Kitchen and Bath Stuff, and Mansion and Garden Stuff.

FYI, I have to turn on testingcheats to get the error messages because my Sims portraits go jerky. Wish I could describe it better, bu that's what happens.

Also, I'm using MATY mods and I've taken out anything that wasn't compatible (Bon Voyage, Pets and Apartment Life related) and I'm still get the jerkiness.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  VeronavilleJumpBug.rar (24.4 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 6:02 PM
The error message is not consistent with the default op-code, in M&G the Lua script that throwing the error is run at node 0 of 'Social - Interaction - TEST - guid in T0 & T1 - adv adj', in your error message it's running at node 7 so you have something that's overriding that global op-code (Social - Interaction - TEST - guid in T0 & T1 - adv adj)

If you have M&G but not Apartment Life then a lot of mods were not updated for M&G and will fail to recognise it (including the CEP extras) they depend on an Apartment Life controller (usually the networking controller) to exist before checking 'game edition flags 2' those controllers are flagged to require AL so they wont exist. This does include the smarter EP check so don't use anything that depends on it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The error message is not consistent with the default op-code, in M&G the Lua script that throwing the error is run at node 0 of 'Social - Interaction - TEST - guid in T0 & T1 - adv adj', in your error message it's running at node 7 so you have something that's overriding that global op-code (Social - Interaction - TEST - guid in T0 & T1 - adv adj)

If you have M&G but not Apartment Life then a lot of mods were not updated for M&G and will fail to recognise it (including the CEP extras) they depend on an Apartment Life controller (usually the networking controller) to exist before checking 'game edition flags 2' those controllers are flagged to require AL so they wont exist. This does include the smarter EP check so don't use anything that depends on it.

Okay, I have no idea what you just said there.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 7:02 PM
Do you have AL OP?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Do you have AL OP?

All my games are listed in the first post.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 10:28 PM
Well, in that case Chris seems to have indicated the problem:
"If you have M&G but not Apartment Life then a lot of mods were not updated for M&G and will fail to recognise it (including the CEP extras) they depend on an Apartment Life controller (usually the networking controller) to exist before checking 'game edition flags 2' those controllers are flagged to require AL so they wont exist. This does include the smarter EP check so don't use anything that depends on it. "

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#7 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by adamsavagefan
Okay, I have no idea what you just said there.

You have incompatible mod(s) and probably will need to perform the 50/50 dance.

You can try clearing out your logs folder, start the game and open the custom content dialogue from the game options in neighbourhood view. That will cause a fresh CustomContentObjects.txt to be created in your logs folder which will list the mods that 'Overrides Game Behavior', the problem is most likely one of them.