Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 12:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Jump bug on community lot
I have newly reinstalled my Sims 2 games (on Windows 10) and have fully patched them. I'm getting the infamous jump bug when Mortimer goes to Londoste. It occurs when I click on the waiter/waitress who approaches the table. It wouldn't stop so I was forced to CTRL-ALT-Delete to exit. Here is the message that wouldn't stop popping up:

Error: You sent me a crappy GUID, please fix it.
Problem executing script (SocialTestConstants): Run-time:
Object Error running script!
stack traceback:
[C]: in function `GetNumConstantsWithGuid'
(none): in function `SocialTestConstants'

I have all the logs in a rar file attached to this message. Also, I did test with taking ALL of my custom content (including office TS2 store content) out and no jump bugs. So what's going on?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  LondosteJumpBugs.rar (121.2 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 1:44 PM
If it's not happening when you take out your Downloads folder, it's caused by something in there, most likely an outdated mod or mod conflict. You could try running the HCDU to get an idea of mods that could potentially be conflicting, but the best thing to do is the 50/50 method.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a_az13_a
If it's not happening when you take out your Downloads folder, it's caused by something in there, most likely an outdated mod or mod conflict. You could try running the HCDU to get an idea of mods that could potentially be conflicting, but the best thing to do is the 50/50 method.

Crap. I was hoping to avoid the 50/50 method. Looks like I'll be busy today.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 3:23 PM
tf kind of error message is "You sent me a crappy GUID, please fix it."??

Anyway, it appears to be an issue related to the Talk About Hobby interaction. So you're probably looking at a hack affecting hobby enthusiasm or social interaction. That might not help, but you never know

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 8:50 PM
Also - make sure that your mods are updated for AL/ M&G/ FT - or whatever the latest version of the mod is; and

make sure you have the mods needed for other mods to work (eg. NoSimLoaded will not work if you don't have the Smarter EP check installed - it took me 4 days to realise that I forgot to put the smarter ep check back once).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 11:09 PM
That's the strangest error message, makes me think a creator made that and its because you are missing something. Like petro said NSL needs Smarter EP check to work, so its possible you downloaded a mod that also required another file. So before doing 50/50 have you recently downloaded something modded? or a mod?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 12:27 AM
You sent me a crappy GUID, please fix it
Apparently, it is a known error message you get when playing with testing cheats ON. That made me laugh, thought this is no laughing matter. i had to google it.
Sorry, it could be anything...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 1:06 AM
I once got the error when I accidentally removed a custom career that one of my Sims was using. I put it back and it resolved itself. I don't know if this'll help any.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives