Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 2:22 AM
How do i get modlc and modld? i need to know!!!!!!!!!111
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#127 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 11:45 AM
I'm getting an error with the new version that I didn't have with the old one. The occurrance of the number 32767 makes me think it's a bug. See this post: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...835#post3049835

(I was trying to recompile a MODL that I had recompiled many times before with the old version .. it did have a slightly different map, but only in terms of exact locations of some parts, I hadn't re-unwrapped anything or changed the map size or anything)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#128 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 1:35 PM
Are you trying to recompile something that you decompiled with the older version?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#129 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 1:46 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 10th Feb 2010 at 11:46 PM.
cmo: I was – but I'm now getting the same error with something that I just exported to file, decompiled, imported to MS, moved by a small amount, exported from MS, and attempted to recompile. I didn't touch the UV in any way (this is an EA object – all I did was select all + move by 0.3 units in MS), and I decompiled with the current version (just a few minutes earlier).

ETA: I *can* successfully recompile all meshes in this object that I decompiled with the old version (and heavily edited in the meantime, new UV map and all) – those have a timestamp of feb 3rd. I updated the objtool at some point between 6th and 8th.

It would be most awesome if somebody could make the old version available somehow. I don't have a backup of it and now I'm a bit stuck.

ETA: I've tried with 0.17. 1.0 and 1.1 now – all versions are giving me this error (albeit not always with the same values; I recompiled with the respective version each time, no old-and-new mixes). I finally decided to ignore it and recompile anyway (the decompiled-in-1.1 version, with 1.1); in game the result looks like this:

(the one on the right is the EA original I cloned it from)

The problem modls/lods are the chimney bits (some of them); the actual stove (which has a custom uv map) works fine. I'm attaching the 0000 meshes of the chimney (decompiled but not recompiled), maybe that helps to find out what the problem is.

I already tried to decompile in 0.17 and replace the values in the 1.1 mtlrsrc files with those, doesn't help.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  chimneyparts.zip (75.5 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
#130 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 11:36 PM
Here's V. 1.0
Attached files:
File Type: rar  S3ObjTool-1.0.rar (33.9 KB, 51 downloads) - View custom content
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#131 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 11:44 PM
Thank you. We crossposted, see my edit above =).

Lab Assistant
#132 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 2:06 PM
I've seen Plasticbox's problem also, Wes.
I'm using the round country rug 2x2 and EA tiled the original texture.
If you load the modl and multiplier as the texture, the uvmapper window
will show that the uvmapping extends well beyond the texture.
If you export the mesh and recompile, you get the error Plasticbox got.
and in-game, the cloned rug will have a blurred texture on about 4 faces

If I scale the uvmapping so It's only scaled once, the blurry texture is usually fixed.
I've seen the same problem with the school house, which has 20 mesh groups
probably that many textures.
About 1/2 it's mesh groups cause the error, but I haven't viewed thier uvmapping
It has too many and the object is too frustrating to work with.

The errors only seem to occure when a mesh is run through the ObjectTool v1.01
Test Subject
#133 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 9:38 PM Last edited by canyon : 1st Mar 2010 at 11:41 PM.
Default which microsoft runtime from the choices available
hey sorry to bug you i don't have the Visual Studio 2008 Runtime installed and i am not sure which one i need. i have vista 64 bit. the refered page

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...n&stype=s_basic

lists visual studio 2008 shell in several varieties none of which seem to mention runtime in their contents. ok they do mention runtime, but nothing mentions 64 bit or anything, and isolated mode? integrated mode?

am i actually aiming for the visual c++ runtime?

thanks for any help

actually the program runs but it doesn't decompile anything. it gives a dword error.

okay skip this i got the answer thanks all

okay i have the correct visual c+ 64 bit runtime installed but! same error

error reads simply

ERR: File Read (Dword) Error.

hmmm.
Test Subject
#134 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 11:22 PM
Hi Weshowe, where do I put the plugins in Blender. I put them in the phyton folde because that was the only one that have dll files in it. But it does not turn up in the programme. I have version 2.49. Thank you for the plugins though. Now to make them work.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#135 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flowerpower42
Hi Weshowe, where do I put the plugins in Blender. I put them in the phyton folde because that was the only one that have dll files in it. But it does not turn up in the programme. I have version 2.49. Thank you for the plugins though. Now to make them work.

These plugins are made for Milkshape only. There are Blender plugins currently being made here. You will still need the Object Tool, though.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
Original Poster
#136 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by canyon
ERR: File Read (Dword) Error.

If you get that error, the runtime package you are using is correct. The file you are trying to read is either corrupt, truncated or of the wrong type. That message just indicates the program attempted to read 4 bytes and was unable to read all four, (it could be a disk read error but those are so rare). The file is incorrect somehow (probably too short) and the program got lost.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 1:00 AM Last edited by Raven Shadow : 24th Nov 2010 at 3:24 PM.
The new shells in late night cause the tool to throw an error when decompiling lod2
Quote:
ERR: Unknown Vertex element type 1 specified.

It appears to still decompile the mesh, I just haven't worked beyond, cause I'm unsure whether the new data type
will effect recompiling

Edit: No, it stops at the error and no mesh is extracted
Test Subject
#138 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 3:51 PM
When I try to compile the file I want it gives me the error 'Model has 6 groups; original had 0'. I'm trying to construct a Sims 2 object for Sims 3 (the UFO)
Alchemist
#139 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 4:06 PM
When you compile your object it needs to have the exact same number of groups as the original object that you cloned. The groups need to be in the same order in Milkshape's group list as the groups of the original cloned object were. If it's telling you that you have 0 groups I think it may be that you have somehow saved over the original MLOD and or MODL without the joint(s) in place.

Have you gone over any tutorials for making a Sims 3 mesh?
Test Subject
#140 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 4:18 PM
I have looked at them and i don't know how to extract MLOD or MODL files from Sims 2 mashes (I'm importing it with a sims 2 mesh importer then exporting with the sims 3 one) P.S. if I don't put _filebase at the end it will tell me wrong filed opened, use the "_filebase"
Alchemist
#141 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 4:20 PM
Sims 2 meshes don't use MLODs and MODLs. Cocomama wrote about how to convert S2 objects. I would take a look at that before continuing with your project.

It's here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=372692&page=1
Test Subject
#142 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 4:26 PM
If done all of that all ready I can upload all the extracted files if you want. The only thing i don't know what they are for are the png's (BTW must I import a Sims 3 object and the overwrite with the mash?)
Alchemist
#143 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 4:32 PM
Your problem is not the Object Tool so it's probably best to post questions you have about converting a Sims 2 object for Sims 3 in Cocomama's thread or in a new thread you start yourself on the issue.

This thread here is for questions that directly relate to the ObjTool.
Test Subject
#144 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:20 PM
Hi, I just wanted to drop a Thank you message for all the ones who created and involved ( like helping all the newbies who sometimes skimm things ). All the tutorials and tools are doing wonders for the communities. Keep it up.
Forum Resident
#145 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 7:02 PM
I downloaded the plugins and I put them in the right folder (...\programfiles\milkshape 1.blabla), but when I want to import a mesh I don't see the option 'Sims 3 object import etc.' which I need..
What might be the cause??

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Forum Resident
#146 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Raven Shadow
The new shells in late night cause the tool to throw an error when decompiling lod2

It appears to still decompile the mesh, I just haven't worked beyond, cause I'm unsure whether the new data type
will effect recompiling

Edit: No, it stops at the error and no mesh is extracted

I'm trying to convert the doll house from medieval and I'm also getting this error. When I try to open it then in milkshape I get this error: err: unexpected end of file reached. The two shadow meshes work, just not the two lods.
Alchemist
#147 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
I'm trying to convert the doll house from medieval and I'm also getting this error. When I try to open it then in milkshape I get this error: err: unexpected end of file reached. The two shadow meshes work, just not the two lods.
If you're trying to decompile an object from The Sims Medieval and are getting an error message my guess is it's because the Obj Tool was made to decompile things from The Sims 3 which is a somewhat different game
Forum Resident
#148 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
If you're trying to decompile an object from The Sims Medieval and are getting an error message my guess is it's because the Obj Tool was made to decompile things from The Sims 3 which is a somewhat different game

True, but so far everything else has worked. Though, I'm not counting that possibility out.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#149 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 1:21 AM
I have posted some news and a new version of the Sims 3 Object meshing (s3asdc format) MilkShape plug-ins in support of the new tool support in S3PE for Object Meshing, wherever that is available at.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Don't ask me, I just code
#150 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 1:41 PM
We're testing the S3PE s3asc plugin over here:
http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...x.php?topic=469 (what you need )
and
http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...x.php?topic=394 (discussion thread)

The aim is for this to continue to support MilkShape through Wes's plug-ins (thanks for the help so far) and also add the possibility of using tools like Blender with support for GeoStates through plug-ins cmo is working on.

Please read the "what you need" thread!
Page 6 of 7