Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 5:47 PM
Default CAW for 1.69 and Worlds for a limited number of EPs/SPs.
With CAW for 1.67, you could use something like Any Game Starter by Nysha to pick the EP/SP content you wanted in a world.

Not so easy with CAW for 1.69, which in Edit In Game bypasses the launcher and goes straight to loading every single EP/SP you have installed regardless of what you had selected in your loadoptions.ini file.

This increases the difficulty of making a world that targets specific EPs and SPs much more difficult, in that your catalog includes everything in both CAW and EIG. I've seen sims with missing traits because I didn't keep a map of traits vs. Packs as a reference, I've seen problems with sims and furniture not appearing In Game Play.

is there anyone who's stuck with 1.69 who's found a time saving work around for this problem?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
With CAW for 1.67, you could use something like Any Game Starter by Nysha to pick the EP/SP content you wanted in a world.

Not so easy with CAW for 1.69, which in Edit In Game bypasses the launcher and goes straight to loading every single EP/SP you have installed regardless of what you had selected in your loadoptions.ini file.

This increases the difficulty of making a world that targets specific EPs and SPs much more difficult, in that your catalog includes everything in both CAW and EIG. I've seen sims with missing traits because I didn't keep a map of traits vs. Packs as a reference, I've seen problems with sims and furniture not appearing In Game Play.

is there anyone who's stuck with 1.69 who's found a time saving work around for this problem?

Why don't you go and buy a Mac instead?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom

Because some of us have dignity, and not everyone here is made of money.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 8:18 PM
Hm, not sure if this helps - I'm not on 1.69 so I have no clue how origin works with the registry. Have you tried Sim Game Selector 3.0 from here: http://modthesims.info/d/499140 (You don't have to use the button in the application to start game or caw. Just close the application and start how you always start. The settings are saved.)
It basically works similar to Any Game starter, but it doesn't rely on your user data folder or the launcher. You cannot have different profiles with it, it just hides and unhides your EP and SP in the registry and saves those settings. So, you can start your CAW without launcher, IF the EPs and SPs are still listed in the registry at their default places while on 1.69, this should work. If 1.69 borks that up, then... no, same problem as with Any Game Starter.

Oh, is CAW now available on Mac, too?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:02 PM

{Doc Brown's eyes tear up and gazes across his wine glass into the candle in the dark room}

I'm bitter. I bought an Apple II GS back in the day.
Apple promised me they'd support it forever. Then the day came - their support was... "Go out and buy a Mac!"

I was heart broken by the betrayal. That, and a 300 baud Apple Modem ran $300 but a 1200 baud Atari modem was only $70.

Then there was the entire battery fiasco.... when the battery on the Apple II GS mother board dies, they wanted $300 to replace it (not sure why Apple always wanted $300?). If you buy the $10 replacement battery and did it yourself it would void the warranty.

Then the programming books... Each book referenced a different book - you literally couldn't write anything until you had most of the whole set. But the PC? It came with MASM and a listing of all the MS-Dos interfaces. Wow!

Never again will I give my heart to Apple. She lied to me and used me like a wallet and tossed me away like a sack of garbage.

Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion

Dignity isn't a problem. (looks in wallet) You got me there, tho.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:13 PM
I never patched to 1.69 and it seems like that is good news. When I finally finish this world I am doing, folks with 1.69 will be able to play it I assume/hope?

I am strictly a PC person but do love my mini ipad. My phone is Andriod and a pain to use compared to Apple for that, IMO. But I am used to Apple after 2 ipods.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
Hm, not sure if this helps - I'm not on 1.69 so I have no clue how origin works with the registry. Have you tried Sim Game Selector 3.0 from here: http://modthesims.info/d/499140 (You don't have to use the button in the application to start game or caw. Just close the application and start how you always start. The settings are saved.)
It basically works similar to Any Game starter, but it doesn't rely on your user data folder or the launcher. You cannot have different profiles with it, it just hides and unhides your EP and SP in the registry and saves those settings. So, you can start your CAW without launcher, IF the EPs and SPs are still listed in the registry at their default places while on 1.69, this should work. If 1.69 borks that up, then... no, same problem as with Any Game Starter.

Oh, is CAW now available on Mac, too?

I loved using Sims Game Selector. As you can see, it doesn't work anymore. I used this one all the time when using CAW. It was great.

Thanks EA.

Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I never patched to 1.69 and it seems like that is good news. When I finally finish this world I am doing, folks with 1.69 will be able to play it I assume/hope?

I am strictly a PC person but do love my mini ipad. My phone is Andriod and a pain to use compared to Apple for that, IMO. But I am used to Apple after 2 ipods.

I've never had a problem using worlds I made with 1.67 with a game running under 1.69.

CAW is different because of the 1.69 launcher.

I've been tempted to go and get the Steam version of Sims 3, as it is still 1.67.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:16 PM
Is it worth to reinstall up to 1.67? Probably not.
dodgy builder
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion

Got you there did I?

It's more like Mac = 1,69

Actually I was being supportive by saying Emmett might just as well have bought himself a Mac :p

Quite, how much trouble should one take before going the long way of a reinstall, or buy the right pre 2012 edition. I don't remember your case Emmett, but perhaps it's just a case of a reinstall? I don't know.

{Doc Brown's eyes tear up and gazes across his wine glass into the candle in the dark room}

I'm bitter. I bought an Apple II GS back in the day.
Apple promised me they'd support it forever. Then the day came - their support was... "Go out and buy a Mac!"

I was heart broken by the betrayal. That, and a 300 baud Apple Modem ran $300 but a 1200 baud Atari modem was only $70.

Then there was the entire battery fiasco.... when the battery on the Apple II GS mother board dies, they wanted $300 to replace it (not sure why Apple always wanted $300?). If you buy the $10 replacement battery and did it yourself it would void the warranty.

Then the programming books... Each book referenced a different book - you literally couldn't write anything until you had most of the whole set. But the PC? It came with MASM and a listing of all the MS-Dos interfaces. Wow!

Never again will I give my heart to Apple. She lied to me and used me like a wallet and tossed me away like a sack of garbage.

Dignity isn't a problem. (looks in wallet) You got me there, tho.

I feel so sorry for the people buying Mac's, I mean for someone dependent on 3'rd party programs produced in someone's boy or girls room. Why do they have to make things so difficult for people? Why can't they all stick to the same standards? I've understood though that IBM made their brakethrough somewhere in the 70/80's into an opensource, while Mac didn't want to use that available technology.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:27 PM

I hear that you can do that with a pre 2012 disk and don't allow it to update Origin.

What makes that a problem for me is the Digital Rights Management (DRM) will throw an error if you replace a prior Origin Install with a disk install. Something in the DRM of the Store content will not allow the Store Content to be installed. It lies to you about the error, too. I have a lot of Store content.
dodgy builder
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:32 PM
I hear that you can do that with a pre 2012 disk and don't allow it to update Origin.

What makes that a problem for me is the Digital Rights Management (DRM) will throw an error if you replace a prior Origin Install with a disk install. Something in the DRM of the Store content will not allow the Store Content to be installed. It lies to you about the error, too. I have a lot of Store content.

Hm? I have a pre 2012 disc install. I installed it before installing Origin. I was pretty nervous about it, but it's working now. I'm also using store content. I needed some decrapifier though to edit the store content, is that what you're talking about?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:37 PM
To be fair, especially on Emmett's part, you do get a time machine when you buy a Mac:

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:44 PM
Frankly we could all do with a time machine. Especially when listening to the people saying EA will never go banqrupt. I have used that word two times this week, and I don't really believe that, so I'm not going to use that word for the next year or so, I hope.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 10:19 PM
I'm not sure what I'd rather go back in time for to prevent, TS4 or Trump.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 1:53 AM
Back to the Drawing Board.
I'm going to re-edit the sims I packed up in NRAAS Porter to include a code that specifies which EPs I've used to make them.

Can someone confirm that IF you make a sim with a Trait that is in EP3 and place them in a world via CAW/EIG, and then start the game without EP3, that sim won't appear in the game?
dodgy builder
#16 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 8:23 AM
I restarted my Stranda several times with the gameselector from Ralphaelninja, and didn't see that. I did see several times though sims with missing traits. That fits well with missing rabbitholes and objects.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 4:00 PM
Thanks. I could have sworn I saw missing traits as well in the past... I mean, in games I played months ago..

I've been experimenting and trying to figure out why some sims disappear.

I got distracted by Arsil's custom trait manager, tho.