Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 14th Jun 2018 at 7:07 AM
Replies: 7707 (Who?), Viewed: 696200 times.
Page 309 of 309
Field Researcher
#7701 Old Yesterday at 4:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orose
Have you tried removing their degree and dropping their social group level (the ones that came with uni) below 8? I'm guessing if anything the game is seeing 'this sim has a degree so they have a trait slot to fill, and they're over 8 in this social group so there's another slot to fill'.

Thanks for your response. With Nraas I've tried dropping the Graduation and Social traits, prior to saving my own CAS sims I've played (although Mortimer's additional traits are not allocated as Social or Grad traits, nor does he appear to have a degree), to no avail. Next time I save a played and seasoned sim, I will attempt to delete the sims Uni Degree with Nraas/MC/Career - I'm not sure whether there's a similar setting for erasing Social Group history? Mortimer has no academic or social group history, so far as I can tell.
Field Researcher
#7702 Old Yesterday at 5:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
If you are also using NRaas StoryProgression, you could direct it to stop automatically filling in traits that it sees as "missing." The downside is that you might end up with other sims in the world who have less than a full set.

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Options:Traits/Lifetime Want > Add Missing Traits > False

Thanks Igazor - I didn't see your reply before I replied to Orose. That sounds like it should do the trick - I tend to to keep tabs on the traits sims have in my worlds, so I can manually fix any who are trait deficient . You were really helpful - thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#7703 Old Yesterday at 10:44 AM
Hi, where do I find these images on my pc?

They're better than many of pics I try to take of my sims and so I'd like to add them to my chronicles of my legacy ;D

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7704 Old Yesterday at 3:55 PM
You can find them if you open the save file (the one ending in *.nhd) with S3PE. The resource type that contains these images is called SNAP.
Lab Assistant
#7705 Old Yesterday at 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon
You can find them if you open the save file (the one ending in *.nhd) with S3PE. The resource type that contains these images is called SNAP.
You star! Exactly what i was after, thank you.

ETA quick follow-up question: any idea why some of my families don't show up in the SNAP 'files'?

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7706 Old Today at 12:48 AM
Maybe they want to keep their privacy?

Seriously, no idea. But as you are using Kuree's Save Cleaner, from my experience, in .nhd files that see a lot of Save Cleaner use you will only find those SNAPs of Sims and families that you actually played or modified. So, if for example, you moved a family from one house to another via Edit Town chances are high that their family SNAP will then get stored. So, my guess is that the game stores only those SNAP resources that needed updating or of families that are in constant use (i.e. that get updated regularly, too). You can also notice that if there is a pre-made family in your world and you edit their appearance but leave them untouched otherwise that their family SNAP will still show their old look.

I also don't know why these family SNAP pictures tend to appear in Kuree's program initially but after a while will disappear from SaveCleaner's UI the longer you play a family.

Other places that might contain household SNAPs are the Export files if you travel a lot and the world caches when playing custom or Store worlds.
Test Subject
#7707 Old Today at 1:35 AM
How do I add names to shows in the theater, like adding movie titles, so that there is more variety to the shows my sim attends?
Field Researcher
#7708 Old Today at 2:16 PM
Does somebody know how to prevent my sims to burn by heat?
I don't have awesomemod .
Page 309 of 309