Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 16768 (Who?), Viewed: 384640 times.
Page 671 of 671
Field Researcher
#16751 Old Yesterday at 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Writer's block gives you a chance to actually play the game!

Agree! Sometimes I just play - even with AGS, or new hoods, new challenges etc - and I can see what's missing from my game. Then, of course, if I'm able to make it myself, I go for it.
Forum Resident
#16752 Old Yesterday at 2:36 PM
PLAYING the game! What a concept! :D

Is anyone willing to try out my Secret Santa project for me? I don't want to reveal what it is here because it's a surprise for someone but it would be nice if someone could try it who isn't me or a Secret Santa participant. It's nothing that could do any harm. PM?
Instructor
#16753 Old Yesterday at 3:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
For other creators- how do you overcome writer's block / blank-page syndrome when it comes to creating for TS2?

I come to MTS and look in 'Hacks & CC that you'd like to see!' for ideas.
Mad Poster
#16754 Old Yesterday at 4:13 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : Yesterday at 4:17 PM. Reason: add link
I was quite pleasantly surprised when my "ask about family" idea actually became a hack.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
Yesterday at 5:43 PM
This message has been deleted by RoryAusten22.
Alchemist
#16755 Old Yesterday at 8:02 PM
How to (If possible without reinstalling the whole game) uninstall Phaenoh's Catalog Cleanup Mod? I believe certain objects started to be missing because of it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#16756 Old Yesterday at 8:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
How to (If possible without reinstalling the whole game) uninstall Phaenoh's Catalog Cleanup Mod? I believe certain objects started to be missing because of it.

I'd say deleting the files you downloaded? It's techincally a normal piece of CC, although it goes to a different folder
Alchemist
#16757 Old Yesterday at 8:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewInTheSky
I'd say deleting the files you downloaded? It's techincally a normal piece of CC, although it goes to a different folder

And what these files are called?

Field Researcher
#16758 Old Yesterday at 8:18 PM
Quote:
And what these files are called?

Well, I don't use it (although, for some reason, most of my buy/build items are re-binned, lol), but I've downloaded a couple and they all called "zz_Phaenoh_BuyModeCatalogModV2-EP/SP NAME".
I don't know if you have the UC or the disc edition, but I guess searching for "zz_Phaenoh" in the installation folder, should show all the files and you'll be able to delete at once. Just make sure you only erase the Catalog Mod, in case you have other files by Phaenoh that might be there too.
Alchemist
#16759 Old Yesterday at 8:42 PM
They're not in my download folder.

Field Researcher
#16760 Old Yesterday at 8:44 PM
Quote:
They're not in my download folder.
Indeed they don't go there. As mentioned in Phaenoh post, you need to put this files in the TS2 installation folder (usually 'C' driver, not the one in 'Documents').
I'll post a screen for you!

EDIT: if you have the disc version, the path should be this:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Highest Expansion Pack You Have\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
With the UC, instead, the path is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

Here's the screen with the path (please ignore the files inside the folder, most of them are mods/catalog edits and it's normal if you don't have them):
Scholar
#16761 Old Yesterday at 10:10 PM
OK this is a Follow up post to my earlier post about hair that was not working correctly, as I finally suspected after reading that the hair was slaved to another longer version, I installed the longer version. Now the Artemida_NoukShortAndCurly Hair is displaying fine. So problem found and fixed.
Screenshots

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
#16762 Old Yesterday at 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyger9
OK this is a Follow up post to my earlier post about hair that was not working correctly, as I finally suspected after reading that the hair was slaved to another longer version, I installed the longer version. Now the Artemida_NoukShortAndCurly Hair is displaying fine. So problem found and fixed.

Does that mean it was a missing texture?
Field Researcher
#16763 Old Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
Does that mean it was a missing texture?

Yes and no, meaning that the texture was missing but because it was slaved to another package, not because it was the wrong file or a missing recolor - I should have thought about it, I have those hair in my game lol
Field Researcher
#16764 Old Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Is there a Mod to stop my Sims rolling those pesky hobby wants? The "Toss Football" , "Talk about Hobby" , "Blog about Hobby" , "Write a Novel" and "Smustle Dance" Wants (I swear there's like 100000 more!!!).. Those are all the Wants that my Sims roll. I rarely ever see "Have a Baby" , "Get Engaged to ___" , "Get Married to ___" or any of the other Wants similar to that except "Become BFFs with ___" and "Have 10/30 Best Friends" .... It's getting boring, sadly..

I have Pescado's "nohobbywantspam" in my Downloads/Mods folder but that didn't do anything.. I've also got a Mod that edited the WantTrees, I believe it's this one: http://modthesims.info/d/242431/wan...d-4-3-2008.html which does what I want with other Wants except those hobby ones. I like FreeTime but not those constant Wants.
Forum Resident
#16765 Old Yesterday at 11:33 PM
When you have a multi-tile object with multiple OBJDs, which one is the real one?
Scholar
#16766 Old Today at 12:11 AM
Would it be a good idea to have SetHighestAllowedLevel 9 in my userStartup.cheat file? if so where should I put it? This is how my userStartup.cheat file looks at the moment:

floatProp tvVolume 0.3
boolprop ControlPets on
boolprop PetActionCancel true
uintProp maxTotalSims 25
uintProp maxTotalHumans 17
uintProp maxTotalPets 8

alias cheats "boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true"
alias cheats- "boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled false"

alias m "MoveObjects on"
alias m- "MoveObjects off"

alias floor- "boolprop constrainfloorelevation false"
alias floor+ "boolprop constrainfloorelevation true"

alias angleon "BoolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true"
alias angleoff "boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation false"

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#16767 Old Today at 2:25 AM
If you decide to add it, I'd go with 14, since that seems to be the cap.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#16768 Old Today at 4:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
When you have a multi-tile object with multiple OBJDs, which one is the real one?
Assuming you mean the master tile, it's going to be the one with the Multi-Tile master id of 1 and the Multi-Tile sub index of -1.
Forum Resident
#16769 Old Today at 4:27 AM
I mean the one that has the GUID that does the correct thing when I pass it to Create New Object Instance. Where do I find the multi-tile master ID and the multi-tile sub index? Are they fields in the OBJD?
Page 671 of 671