Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 14th Jun 2018 at 7:07 AM
Replies: 14223 (Who?), Viewed: 317936 times.
Page 569 of 569
Field Researcher
#14201 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:47 PM
If I default the ambodymascotknight with another outfit, will that break it when it comes to sims wearing it in the Entertainment career? Does that make sense? I only played that career once and never did it again, but I'm planning on defaulting all of the OFB outfits and hats I never use.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Mad Poster
#14202 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 7:00 PM
I think when they're going to work they'll just put on the defaulted outfit.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Mad Poster
#14203 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 7:01 PM
If you default it, the sim in that career at Renfaire Knight level will wear the new outfit. That's how default replacements work. The original (default) outfit is replaced.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#14204 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 7:11 PM
Okay, just making sure. Thanks for answering @Bulbizarre and @Peni Griffin. Maybe I'll use hiders instead whenever I'm in CAS, it's annoying to scroll past those outfits every time.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Top Secret Researcher
#14205 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:55 PM
Bon Voyage's "hidden lot" characters.
Bigfoot (mountain's) gets generated while "first" vacationers enter lot?
Wise Old Man (far east's); generated during first entrance?
Witch Doctor; same as the universal character or generated like the others?
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#14206 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759

They all get generated - at least they are not present when the hood is created. I have an incomplete list of generated sims. There are the universal versions of course - and I've forgotten what happens with the Wise Old Man exactly but he's not there on hood creation so must appear once you activate his code.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Field Researcher
#14207 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 11:16 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 21st Jun 2018 at 11:27 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
They all get generated - at least they are not present when the hood is created. I have an incomplete list of generated sims. There are the universal versions of course - and I've forgotten what happens with the Wise Old Man exactly but he's not there on hood creation so must appear once you activate his code.

I've never heard of the old man, but I don't play bon voyage. However, if you're asking when they are generated, I have a brand new clean hood with all empty stealthhood templates and only one CAS sim, no subhoods attached, etc. Big Foot and Witch Doctor are already there along with one newspaper carrier and some other NPCs. Maybe that means these are the universals? Here's the list:

I just found an old thread where Leefish describes a cheat I'd never heard of, boolprop aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled false, that allows us to place an object in the common area of an apartment lot. That is incredibly useful and it does work. Now that we know more, is it still considered safe?!
Alchemist
#14208 Old Yesterday at 1:54 AM
That is the cheat I use to let my sims use Inge's loan bushes to rent an apartment if they really can't afford one. With no20khandout sometimes money doesn't divide up as I thought it should.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#14209 Old Yesterday at 1:56 AM
I've used it to put Inge's teleporter cat outside apartment doors sometimes. I wouldn't do any restructuring of walls/fences or doors with it (might end up with pieces of the apartment inaccessible) but if you just want to put down objects I don't think it could hurt.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Field Researcher
#14210 Old Yesterday at 2:51 AM
Usually I can plan ahead, but one thing that bothers me is that I have a common room where sims play music, paint, craft, etc, but their art is lost to them when they do it there. It would be great if I could cheat to get their paintings and still keep that in the common area. I have buy/build/inventory enabled on community lots. I would think this is similar. I love those enabled by the way, though, I have to admit, some of my sims seem to have no compunction about shoplifting in community and hobby lots.
Field Researcher
#14211 Old Yesterday at 3:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759

They are "universal character" (NPC Unique is the internal name) but for some their inbuilt character file is used as a template to generate a new one.
A fresh Bigfoot is generated on visiting the lot (or inviting one to join the family could be a problem).
The Pirate and I believe the Wise Old Man are generated.
Witch Doctor is not, he (she in A&N) remains a NPC Unique.
Instructor
#14212 Old Yesterday at 2:19 PM
Anyone else have problems with times stamps here on MTS? My correct time zone is selected, but the forum clock is an hour behind.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Field Researcher
#14213 Old Yesterday at 4:07 PM Last edited by Sunrader : Yesterday at 5:59 PM.
I have an owned lot that used to be Doc Alan's Hangout and is now up to a level 6 business, but the owner and I would like to open an indoor restaurant inside without the hot dog competition. Is it safe to delete the hot dog stand, since it has a hot dog chef associated with it?

Also, in BHAVs, what are CT-type behaviors? What does CT mean?
Mad Poster
#14214 Old Yesterday at 6:00 PM
Yes. He's essentially an object NPC.

Remember, deleting things in buy/build mode doesn't remove anything from your game, just from the lot.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#14215 Old Yesterday at 9:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
in BHAVs, what are CT-type behaviors? What does CT mean?
sometime ago I asked a similar question in the "Create" section of this forum. they told "Called Tree".
just a girl
#14216 Old Yesterday at 9:39 PM
BHAVs starting with CT are meant to be called by name. Any BHAV can be called by name, but it's good style to use this naming pattern. For one thing, it helps you remember that you shouldn't rename such BHAVs.
As for usage, look up Run Tree by Name primitive.
Field Researcher
#14217 Old Today at 2:39 AM
What have we learned nowadays about the "too many iterations" error? I've got at least one unplayably jumpy household and this is the constant error for all family members. Deleting does no good. Moving to a new house only seemed to work briefly. Suggestions?
Mad Poster
#14218 Old Today at 2:50 AM
Could be pretty much anything. Error log?

Field Researcher
#14219 Old Today at 3:04 AM Last edited by Sunrader : Today at 3:22 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Could be pretty much anything. Error log?

Hmmm, I've never really looked at those because I don't understand them, but I see that they are mentioning the sleeping bag I had on the lot. So, does this mean it's too many iterations can just be stuck in a loop with an object? Is it the fault of the object?

The other really jumpy one is always the Attraction Score error and only happens with others around. She's kinda on permanent vacation. Honestly, she's been pretty screwy since she "accidentally" hooked up with Peter Ottomas. I'd leave her on vacation, but she has an accidental kid, so.... Any ideas what I can do for that?
Mad Poster
#14220 Old Today at 3:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
Anyone else have problems with times stamps here on MTS? My correct time zone is selected, but the forum clock is an hour behind.

Daylight savings time is screwy. Sometimes you have to set it as on when it should be off to get the correct time.
Lab Assistant
#14221 Old Today at 5:30 AM
Does "Practice Romance" in a mirror actually doing anything beyond charisma points?
Mad Poster
#14222 Old Today at 7:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
Hmmm, I've never really looked at those because I don't understand them, but I see that they are mentioning the sleeping bag I had on the lot. So, does this mean it's too many iterations can just be stuck in a loop with an object? Is it the fault of the object?

The other really jumpy one is always the Attraction Score error and only happens with others around. She's kinda on permanent vacation. Honestly, she's been pretty screwy since she "accidentally" hooked up with Peter Ottomas. I'd leave her on vacation, but she has an accidental kid, so.... Any ideas what I can do for that?

I've seen too many iterations for the sleeping bag too. Forcing error sometimes fixes it, or sticking it in their inventory and taking it out.

Attraction score - check that the Sim hasn't lost her aspiration (there will be a blank icon). If they did, InSim/Blender/Manipulator or the big globey aspiration reward can fix it.

Scholar
#14223 Old Today at 9:43 AM
Is there a way to disable a sim owned restaurant table without actually removing it?

My downloads archived at Wordpress.
My photo blog at Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#14224 Old Today at 2:35 PM
Could you move the chairs away from it?

Page 569 of 569