Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Tink's Fireplace ~ Functional Version

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 2,325 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 166,911 Views
  Featured Upload!   This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 12th Jan 2012 at 5:28 PM
Updated: 12th Jan 2012 at 7:28 PM
Tinkle at Black Pearl Sims made a decorative fireplace that I really like. I somehow got it into my head that a functional version might be wanted, so with her permission..here's the functional version of that fireplace.

There are 9 recolors included - five of those are Kim's original recolors for Tinkle's version, 2 are Maxis textures (as is the default red brick) and the other 2 random ones I picked out.

If you have Tinkle's version, both can be used in game at the same time. Since I remapped her mesh, added the logs and ten slots, I didn't reuse her GUID's. My version can be found in Appliances>Misc for 499 simoleons.

I've played with this fireplace for the last 3 weeks. The only issue is the animations (see attached pics)- they are off just a tad when lighting/poking. I tried to minimize the clipping as much as I could. The warm self animation is fine, and I have to say it's awfully cute when a sim is warming his/her behind.

Recolors are more than welcome, hope your sims enjoy their new fireplace! (Mine used to laugh at it, but he got over it eventually and seems to appreciate it, lol.)

A huge thanks to Huge Lunatic for fixing a light issue for me.

Polygon Counts:
Fireplace -1969

Additional Credits:
MilkShape, SimPE, PhotoShop CS2