Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 1:57 PM
Default Having townies spawn as supernaturals?
How do you do that?
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 2:10 PM
You don't, as far as I know. At least not functioning ones.

You can, however, have townified skins for each of the supernaturals and then you could say that any townie that generates with one of those skins is that particular supernatural. Then when you see them or know which ones generated that way, you could snag them or summon them to a lot, temporarily add them to the household -- with the Sim Blender or something similar -- then "turn" them with something like the Sim Transformer or any other similar modded object, then retownify them (again with the SimBlender or similar) and send them on their way. That's the only way I know of to have townie supernaturals. Aside from the grand vamps and high witches, of course.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 6:22 PM
Thank you.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 10:05 PM
Or, if you make your own townies in Bodyshop or Create-A-Sim like some people do, you can determine with a dice roll or some randomizer whether a townie is a kind of supernatural. I use the Sim Randomizer. After you make them in CAS, you can turn whoever needs to be turned, them make them townies with for example the SimBlender. For existing townies you can also use some program like Hook's Randomizer to determine supernatural traits (like, make it a 1 in 50 change or something). Or Random.org. This way you don't need to have special skins.
Anyway, what iCad said was right, the game itself won't spawn townies as supernaturals.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 12:54 PM
But...would it work to have random Aliens, as in..real ones?
When I created my own Townie pool, I forgot that I would have liked Alien Townies as well...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 1:08 PM
Aren't aliens just a custom skin and eyes?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 1:08 PM
No, you have to make them yourself. In fact, I just did that not so long ago because I missed them in my game as well. It's a pity you can't have alien bartenders or something.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 1:14 PM
Do you mean townies or NPC's? Townies are the sims that walk by your lot, NPC's have specific jobs or roles. You should be able to grab passing townies, make selectable, use the creature painting on then unselect them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#9 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Aren't aliens just a custom skin and eyes?

Yup, that and a face sculpt to make them look like the classic "Grey" alien.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 1:22 PM
Ok, right..so I could just give some sims the unlocked skin and eyes.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Isa-WP
No, you have to make them yourself. In fact, I just did that not so long ago because I missed them in my game as well. It's a pity you can't have alien bartenders or something.

You can with a mod- Theo made one to unlock alien eyes and skin in CAS and for townies.
https://web.archive.org/web/2012021...tuff/index.html

Links are all dead so you can get them here:
http://simfil.es/216872
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 1:42 PM
Can't make your own PT mod without Theo!...I just had to say it.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 3:09 PM
That's true Rose! And I have lots of randomly generated alien townies (including bartenders) thanks to Theo.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 4:18 PM
If you want them in CAS you don't need a mod, just the testing cheats and a capital N.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 5:08 PM
*I'll go make plenty...*

Field Researcher
#16 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 6:12 PM
Oops, I was reacting to Rosebin, not ihatemandatoryregister! Yeah, aliens are just the skin and eyes (the game doesn't care what the face looks like). And thank you simsample! I guess I should have specified what I mean: you can't get an alien bartender without extracting the sim, unlocking the alien eyes and skin, editing them in bodyshop, downloading and installing Theo's improved surgery SimPE plugin and perform the surgery in SimPE. Luckily some of those things you only need to do once. I knew how to unlock the skin and eyes in CAS, had no idea someone unlocked them.
Oh, but does the unlocking also mean random townies and NPCs show up with the alien traits?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 6:18 PM
Oh, but does the unlocking also mean random townies and NPCs show up with the alien traits?

I was just wondering the same thing. I only had Theo's unlocked skins and eyes to create my multi-PT mod. After it was done, I got them out of my folder. So I would not know.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 6:57 PM
I guess I should have specified what I mean: you can't get an alien bartender without extracting the sim, unlocking the alien eyes and skin, editing them in bodyshop, downloading and installing Theo's improved surgery SimPE plugin and perform the surgery in SimPE. Luckily some of those things you only need to do once. I knew how to unlock the skin and eyes in CAS, had no idea someone unlocked them.

Yes, townies and NPCs will generate with the Maxis alien skintone and alien eyes using Theo's mods, although not necessarily at the same time. I have randomly spawned alien bartenders, townies, social townies, hobby mavens etc. To be clear, the alien eyes and alien skintone are not dependent upon one another- I have random sims with alien eyes and S1-4 skintones, as well as alien skintones with blue/ brown/ green/ grey eyes. So I can have 'aliens' without using Alt Sim Surgery.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 10:20 PM
I thought so, thanks for the clarification.