Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 3:00 AM
Default Mod that enables walking through objects
I just built a tree house where there is a tree in the middle of the house. I was wondering if there was some kind of way to enable sims to walk through objects such as this tree so that my sim can live with the tree (ie. walk from one end of the room to the other, walk up the stairs under the tree, sit in a couch under the tree ect.) Something similar to the Get Where You're Going mod Thanks for your help in advance!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 7:29 AM
I'm not sure that method used for Sims 2 would work for Sims 4, especially since a lived-in tree would be much larger than one square, but if it's just trees, you could definitely remove or at least shrink the footprint size.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lemememeringue
I'm not sure that method used for Sims 2 would work for Sims 4, especially since a lived-in tree would be much larger than one square, but if it's just trees, you could definitely remove or at least shrink the footprint size.

I actually just tested it and she seems to move about the house fine. I may have panicked for nothing. When you say "shrink footprint", is that when you use the bracket keys to increase or decrease the size?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 2:35 AM
Glad it worked out for you!

I actually meant shrink the green square area without shrinking the tree. As you've probably found with treehouses, setting necessary objects (like a fridge) too close to the base of the tree will make them unattainable. If you could shrink the footprint size (not the tree), then your Sim would be able to move closer. Either that or trial and error with placing objects. :P