Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 23
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#126 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 8:07 PM
I've found and fixed a stupid bug where disabling any packages or thumbnails and then saving rendered the saved Sims3Pack totally unusable.

Thanks to SIMCITIZEN4 and columbiany93 for the heads up.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
I've found and fixed a stupid bug where disabling any packages or thumbnails and then saving rendered the saved Sims3Pack totally unusable.

Thanks to SIMCITIZEN4 and columbiany93 for the heads up.

Glad you found the bug, however I still cannot fix corrupt (TXTC) packages - I get the "spreading" bug again. If I uncheck the corrupted package and save (Save and Save As works) then it works fine and saves the Sims3Pack without the corrupted package, if I click "fix corrupted" however then it spreads.

Please don't think I am complaining as that is really not my intention, I am only trying to help identify problems.

Thanks
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#128 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 12:36 PM
Okay in this case I'll definately need a link to an example that has a Sims3Pack with a corrupted file.

Lab Assistant
#129 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 6:07 PM
Okay in this case I'll definately need a link to an example that has a Sims3Pack with a corrupted file.

Ok here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?61ktw3s4s1dkt9k

Hope this helps.
Field Researcher
#130 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 5:32 AM
Question. I installed some houses and under thumbnails it is pink. Does that mean bugs??
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#131 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 10:16 AM
Sims Lover: No, thumbnails always show up pink.

Field Researcher
#132 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 3:42 PM
Sims Lover: No, thumbnails always show up pink.

Okay then Thank you.
Test Subject
#133 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 5:49 PM Last edited by sims2playergirl : 30th Sep 2010 at 6:04 PM.
Hi Delphy - just an observation - I have run worlds that I have downloaded from the exchange, My Sims Realty and MTS thru custard - they all show up as corrupted files - I set up the Sims 3 under another user account on my computer - the worlds seems to be ok - I was able to send my sim on vacation - when they returned - no blue lots.....Is this normal for the world files to show up as corrupt? This has happened on the latest and the one prior to the latest version of custard....

edit - I checked custard again - in the type field - it says Neighborhood (World) not corrupt TXTC - but it is highlighted in red...
Test Subject
#134 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 9:55 PM
Hi Delphy,
Just wanted you to know this program is an absolute godsend.

I downloaded some tattoos from the Exchange and ran them through Custard (because only a fool wouldn't).
4 had clothing in it that shouldn't have been there (the kind set to appear even when in the shower) and 1 had the dreaded doll-of-doom in it.
Custard removed them all without a hitch.

Much love from me and my sims!

"... but why's the rum gone?"
Test Subject
#135 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 5:50 PM
Hey Delphy,
Okay I got it to download, now I'm just trying to figure out what is what. It seemed like from you pictures that it would show you what each thing is, but it doesn't on mine. Is there anyway possible to see what it is or to maybe go throw things faster?
Test Subject
#136 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 6:46 AM
This program seems really neat. Unfortunately I have a mac, is there a chance that it will be available for mac sometime?
Inventor
#137 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 11:44 AM
I need to post this now for I've been lots of testing with this stuff and I think, I understand some of it. Maybe you could tell me more on why this stuff is showing the way it does.

Let me explain in detail:

In my bad cc thread at the official forum I had people telling me about a certain dress that comes with sims but cannot be found in the launcher. There were shoes and hair that did that too. I finally got hold of a Sim that actually does have that dress (and hair) and did some testing on her. My testing environment is a vanilla game with only MasterController and DebugEnabler and I use AnyGameStarter to set it up.

I looked at her in Custard and that's how she showed:

As you see, the sim itself has a subtype and is called CAS Part Clothing (only the sims gets installed, so there is no other custom content). I then went into my game and checked CAS. There was nothing unusual in the clothing but the hair would show up. It had the little package file folder icon. I then disabled the clothing filter via MC and went back into CAS. I did find the dress in my game now. It did not show in the Launcher and it only went away, when I uninstalled that particular Sim. Further testing revealed that a Sim will not need to wear the dress for it to get attached to the Sim and will only get attached when you export it in CAS. If you export it in edit town, it doesn't attach.

That's the custard pic of a household:

While the dress still shows in the description, it doesn't in the subtype AND I did not get it in my game when I installed it.

I don't know where the dress is from (some say it's from peggy but I never really found it there) and as I said there is other stuff. I'm attaching molly with whom I tested.

What I'm really curios about is if you (or some other creator) could find out why these package files behave that way they do and why it's showing in the tool the way it does (I know that they are probably not from this site, but I do think it's important what is wrong).
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Decontaminating Poor Molly.rar (6.16 MB, 23 downloads)
Test Subject
#139 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 3:29 AM
Okay, so whenever I go to use it, I get to step one. I try to open the sims3pack and this comes up:

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.
Could not load file or assembly 'MadScience.Helpers.Version-1.1.380.15490. Culture=neutral. PublicKey Token=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

EH?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#140 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 7:48 AM
friendliellama You have to extract the program first. You can't just double click on the exe from within WinZIP or whatever.

Test Subject
#141 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 8:02 AM
Oh...thanks so much Delphy! (whispering don't be surprised if there's another problem. this computer hates me)
Mad Poster
#142 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 1:57 AM
I heard from a user on MATY that CUSTARD can be used to find the instance number of an object within a Sim3pack. If this is correct, where should I be looking?
I have some corrupted content that I cannot find in the launcher but by exporting a Sim wearing said bad content and running him through CUSTARD I have been able to find the package name within the DCBackup. As I understand though, removing the package from the DCBackup will not uninstall it from the game. Right?
I was hoping that finding the instance would allow me to remove it from whichever dcdb file it is hiding in.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#143 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 3:06 AM
In custard the filename is the package filename you can find in dcbackup. It does have a description and object type listed, which may help you to find it in the launcher. I have no idea about removing the package file from dcbackup and whether it uninstalls it from the game. I'd guess no as I think everything installed via the launcher gets shoved in the large dbc files. So I think your going to have to uninstall via the launcher.
Inventor
#144 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 9:04 AM
@Menaceman44: Deleting the file in the DCBackup will not get rid of the download. What you will need to do is unpack the sims3pack with mulitinstaller so that you have the package-files, then you will need to open the faulty one with S3PE and look for a line that says icon or thumb. That's your laucher pic right there. Instead of using s3pe, you could also use postal to find the pic.

If you have any problems at all, upload the sim somewhere and send me a PM.
Retired
retired moderator
#145 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 2:31 AM
Hi Delphy. I have a stray object (a clock) attached to one of my worlds in Create a World. It exports into the simpack. When I use Custard to remove this clock it seems to corrupt the world's Simpack. Are world Simpacks any different to others in regards to Custard?

I tried it out on some other world's Simpacks (Riverview and Barnacle Bay) and the same issue occurs:

"The 'LocalizedDescription' start tag on line 30 does not match the end tag of 'LocalizedName'. Line 30, position 375."

Other error details:

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#146 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 1:08 PM
I've just downloaded two lots from here on MTS. They have custom content in them which I wish to remove. When I open them in CUSTARD though the actual lot seems to show as the custom content.

So does that mean the content will get installed or not? I'm confused.

Mad Poster
#147 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 12:07 AM
I don't know if this is the right place for this (I know next to nothing about a lot of techy stuff about TS3 and its tools) but I thought this was supposed to show you a list of all the sims3packs on a lot, abd then you could pick and choose which items in the lot you no longer wanted? I just tried to peek into a lot using Custard butit gave me a list of a set of package files that I used that were corrupted, even though the Dasboard said everything in my packages folder was fine. It says they are thumbnails or pngs or something--but of what? Are those the little thumbnails that are supposed to appear when you go into Buy mode & Build mode to look for things to use? That might be very correct, because with the entire set none of the images appear in Buy Mode; they're all invisible. But I only used one object in the entire set and yet it's giving me a whole list of 10 or so thumbnails? And i look at the thumbnails but they're not of the package files, they're of my Lot's different floors. Am I not understanding something somewhere, lol? Please forgive me if I sound like a total idiot! I was just looking fir a tool where I could remove whatever sims3packs from my lots without having to actually boot up the game, wait for the lot to load and do it all manually. Thanks for your time!!
Mad Poster
#148 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 5:29 PM
Thumbnails always show in pink in this tool. It does not mean they are corrupt. It's so that you can distinguish them.

In answer to my own question, I installed the lots anyway and the CC was not included which is just what I wanted.

Test Subject
#149 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 2:28 PM
Default create a pattern
all my create a pattern files are showing up as bad. is that a bug or are they really bad?
Test Subject
#150 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 1:48 AM Last edited by puzzling1 : 17th Nov 2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: additional info
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Hi Delphy. I have a stray object (a clock) attached to one of my worlds in Create a World. It exports into the simpack. When I use Custard to remove this clock it seems to corrupt the world's Simpack. Are world Simpacks any different to others in regards to Custard?

I tried it out on some other world's Simpacks (Riverview and Barnacle Bay) and the same issue occurs:

"The 'LocalizedDescription' start tag on line 30 does not match the end tag of 'LocalizedName'. Line 30, position 375."

I'm having the same issue - an unwanted stray object in a sims3pack, along with a custom world package and a thumbnail. After deleting the unwanted object, saving, and attempting to reopen, I get this error: "Unhandled exception has occurred..." and "The 'LocalizedDescription' start tag on line 134 does not match the end tag of 'LocalizedName'. Line 134, position 325." I checked it on a second computer just in case Custard didn't like my primary machine, but had the same result. Thanks for any help.

ETA - I just tried opening the new copy of the sims3pack (minus the unwanted object) in the Extractor to see if maybe the Custard error wasn't a big deal and I'd still be able to install the world. But it wouldn't open, and I got this error message:

The 'LocalizedDescription' start tag on line 134 does not match the end tag of 'LocalizedName'. Line 134, position 325.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTestReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeDatastartTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument.LoadFromReader(XmlReaderreader, XmlSpace space)
at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument..ctor(Stream stream)
at Sims3Pack_Multi_Installer.Sims3Pack.load(String filename)
at Sims3Pack_Multi_Installer.Form1.ProcessFiles()
Page 6 of 23