Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 5:20 PM Last edited by Zuperbuu : 1st Jul 2018 at 4:28 PM. Reason: Solved.
Default Seasons Calendar is broken? (SOLVED)
I recently got the Seasons DLC and whilst original DLC events are appearing as scheduled, I physically cannot see them on the calendar. Instead, the calendar only shows this:

When i try to add an event, the event-planner box is blank and I cannot do anything but close it. I tried starting a new game but it behaves the same way. I tried removing the mods folder completely, start a new game, and again it does not work. Repairing the game files through Origin is not fixing it either. The calendar is stuck showing this empty event, and clicking it removes all information on the weather or upcoming events. The latest Seasons patch did not fix this.

EDIT: If you have this problem, try what TickleYu]Hi suggests.

Quote: Originally posted by TickleYu
Hi,

I had the same issue and went through a lot of basic, backup files, blah blah, what I found it to be was the file UI Cheat extension. Which is my all time favorite mod I will mention. I removed it and came to Mod The Sims and found the mod had been updated so I replaced the file and now I have the full calendar. Good Luck

If you get crashing after deleting the localthumbcache file like I did, you will likely need to do the same thing I did to repair the game, as Origin's Repair feature doesn't seem to work if it installs something wrong. Uninstall the game and all DLCs, make sure there is nothing Sims 4 in your computer. Reinstall the base game, load it up and create a save, then exit and install your DLC, load the game and save, see if everything works alright before you exit once more. Install your mods but make sure they are compatible with Seasons. Hopefully the game will work now, it was the only thign that worked for me.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 8:01 PM
This guide shows some more things to try:
Game Help:Sims 4 Game Problemwiki
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 3:12 PM Last edited by Zuperbuu : 29th Jun 2018 at 4:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This guide shows some more things to try:
Game Help:Sims 4 Game Problemwiki

Thanks, but I tried these as well now: deleting the cache file, renaming the Sims 4 folder, reinstalling Seasons DLC, reinstalling the game + DLCs one by one. None of these resolved this.

System specs, because I forgot them.
Windows 10
Intel i7-8700 Processor 3.20Ghz
8MB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 1060 6GB

EDIT: Ever since I deleted the cache file, I keep getting random crash-to-desktop. I restored the old cache file and the crashing still happens.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zuperbuu
I recently got the Seasons DLC and whilst original DLC events are appearing as scheduled, I physically cannot see them on the calendar. Instead, the calendar only shows this:

When i try to add an event, the event-planner box is blank and I cannot do anything but close it. I tried starting a new game but it behaves the same way. I tried removing the mods folder completely, start a new game, and again it does not work. Repairing the game files through Origin is not fixing it either. The calendar is stuck showing this empty event, and clicking it removes all information on the weather or upcoming events. The latest Seasons patch did not fix this.

Hi,

I had the same issue and went through a lot of basic, backup files, blah blah, what I found it to be was the file UI Cheat extension. Which is my all time favorite mod I will mention. I removed it and came to Mod The Sims and found the mod had been updated so I replaced the file and now I have the full calendar. Good Luck

CRUNCH*A*TIZE ME CAP'N!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TickleYu
Hi,

Thanks for the tip, I sue to use the mod as well, but even when I empty the mods folder entirely the glitch is still there. I think the savefile might be corrupted, but I will try a new game with the UI Cheat Extension updated. thanks.
Scholar
#6 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 1:17 PM
Another tip is to delete the localthumbcache file before every time you enter the game..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 1:18 PM
@Zuperbuu If you look again at the link I posted, the guide shows you how to doagnose your problem. If deleting cache files and CC did not work, the next step is to try fresh userdata which includes a fresh save. That way, you begin to pinpoint where the problem lies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 4:21 PM
Default Solved
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Zuperbuu If you look again at the link I posted, the guide shows you how to doagnose your problem. If deleting cache files and CC did not work, the next step is to try fresh userdata which includes a fresh save. That way, you begin to pinpoint where the problem lies.

I did all that. The only way I got it to work was uninstall the game, reinstall it, start a new game, save, close the game and install expansion packs/DLC, load the game and then save, then exit and install mods (using only ones that had been updated). Doing this process fixed it. I tried updating UI Cheats Extensions but the game clearly didn't like simply overwriting the old version. Regardless, this long process fixed it. Wether it was a save corruption or faulty Seasons DLC installation, I don't know.