Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't Install the Patches on Windows 10
Okay, so I uninstalled my game completely because of an issue that I was having with bodyshop, and nobody could figure out. I installed Up to Nightlife, and low and behold my bodyshop works. Yay! But now I'm having another issue: I cannot patch any of the games, except the base game, because the files were extracted and I could easily just copy them into my game. I downloaded the installers, but they begin installing and then just crash. I tried making them compatible with Window XP as Windows and some other people suggested, but it didn't work at all. The updater will update objects, and then I get an error message that the program isn't working anymore. I have tried running the program as an admin, just in case.

I tried searching for answers but nobody seems to have them. The only suggestion I've gotten is that one person suggested I install all the games and patches on another computer- but I don't have another computer that is functional at the moment.
The strange thing is that with a previous windows 10 version I didn't have this issue. But I've gotten so many updates since I first got this computer going all the way backward seems impossible. I don't have any custom content in, for the record. Can anyone help me? I need the patches if I am to play the game. I need all of them :/
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:39 PM
Have you tried Grumpy Loader? The patches are known for being weird on Windows 10.