Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2018 at 12:33 AM
Default WCIF Semester Breaks for University Students?
Is this something that exists? I'm working on setting up a play-style where 12 sim days equal a year, so 4 sim days equal a semester. I'd like to somehow fit some breaks into the "year," at least between semesters. I could just pause the semester meter for however long I want, but ideally I'd like to have something a little less manual that feels more legitimately a part of gameplay. I'm no modder, so maybe I'm being totally unrealistic here, but I appreciate anyone pointing me in even a kinda-right direction. Thanks!
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:03 AM
There's Inge's hack that suspends the timing of semesters (basically what you're describing there): http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Learning.htm

I have that hack though I confess I have never used it. Inge is pretty reliable though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#3 Old 17th May 2018 at 7:21 PM
I'll second maxon's suggestion. You just click on the statue and use the take a break option then the semester timer stops ticking down until you click on the statue to resume classes again. It also works when you have university students outside of the uni subhoods; I have much shorter university terms so I often use it to give students some time off depending on storyline and preference.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th May 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cheekymarie
Is this something that exists? I'm working on setting up a play-style where 12 sim days equal a year, so 4 sim days equal a semester. I'd like to somehow fit some breaks into the "year," at least between semesters. I could just pause the semester meter for however long I want, but ideally I'd like to have something a little less manual that feels more legitimately a part of gameplay. I'm no modder, so maybe I'm being totally unrealistic here, but I appreciate anyone pointing me in even a kinda-right direction. Thanks!

@cheekymarie
I agree about Inge's hack for taking a break in a semester, but I want to notify about my Project Realistic Ages: 1 simsday = 1 real month.
I use this setup of 12 sim days equal a year myself (I use that Project Realistic Ages myself).
I also wrote tutorials how to change the lifespan of sims, pets, skills, pregnancy,... yourself.
http://s2idownloads.blogspot.be/p/the-essentials.html
You can find it under the title "lifespan + pregnancyspan"
These are actually the essential mods to the way I play (same as your play-style or at least when it comes to age).
So I hope/think this can really help you.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2018 at 10:08 PM
Thanks, everyone, I should have known Inge would have something like this! I appreciate all the info and tips as well.
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Jan 2023 at 6:53 PM
Default cant find uni break mod in catalog
Quote: Originally posted by cheekymarie

Hi all! I have recently downloaded igne's uni break mod and I cannot for the life of me find it in the catalog. I searched under misc > misc and decorative > sculptures. Help in finding this object would be greatly appreciated. Happy simming!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Jan 2023 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by momobewatching
Hi all! I have recently downloaded igne's uni break mod and I cannot for the life of me find it in the catalog. I searched under misc > misc and decorative > sculptures. Help in finding this object would be greatly appreciated. Happy simming!

All you have to do is check in SimPE under Object Data which has the yellow folder icon on the left, so its easy to spot.
In there look at catalog sort which for this shows it being in Decorative Outside.
To find the price switch to Raw Data next to catalog sort and click decimal. That says it costs $100.
You can do this for any object you can't find.

If you want to change those, say make it cheap like most other modded objects just change the price to say $1 click commit over to the left then save. If you want to change the place just tick for example misc and decorative sculptures, click commit and save.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~