Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 7:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Patches on Wiki Not Working?
Hello. I recently bought an HP laptop with Windows 10. I did my research beforehand and everything I read said it can run The Sims 2. My issue I am running into, however, is that when I try to install the patches (available on the Mod The Sims wiki) I can only get so far as inserting Disk 4 of the base game (as prompted by the patch program) before the patch application crashes "due to an unknown error". I have tried patching many times. When I looked online for a solution, I read that maybe my base game did not install properly so the patch wouldn't connect, so I uninstalled the whole thing, double-checked for left-behind files and deleted those, and then I reinstalled it, and tried again, with no luck.

If anyone has any idea why the patch application is crashing, I would like to know what to do to fix it. Also, if there is any problem with the patch links/application, could someone re-upload them or tell me where to find other versions? I really want my Sims 2 franchise to work (I am returning to it after being unsatisfied with the Sims 3 experience) and I feel like I have done my research this time around, learning what mods to download to avoid corruption, etc. So I am really frustrated that I can't get past the first step of patching, and I would be really thankful to anyone who can help.

Thank you!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 9:33 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 5:51 PM
Thank you simsample! I actually have the Ultimate Collection now, which is supposedly patched. But if I go back to the CDRoms I will certainly try this.