Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 5:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default instructions for installing CEP in Sims 2 Super Collection Mac
Complete instructions for installing CEP in Sims2 Super Collection Mac

a) _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package:
Place the file "_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package" into your Sims Downloads folder:
~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads

b) _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package:
Open the Applications folder, then RIGHT CLICK The Sims 2, and select "Show package contents"
Navigate then to Contents/Home/TSData/Res/Sims3D/
Place the file "_EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package" in that folder.

c) "Extra" folder:
Open it and you will find 2 subfolders, "MyDocuments" and "ProgramFiles".

c1) Open the "MyDocuments" folder and move the entire "zCEP-EXTRA" subfolder, along with the several files contained in it to:
Applications folder-->TheSims2-->"Show package contents"-->Contents/
c2) Open the "ProgramFiles" folder and move the entire "zCEP-EXTRA" subfolder, along with the several files contained in to:
Applications folder-->TheSims2-->"Show package contents"-->Contents/Home/TSData/Res/CATALOG CEP works fine as far as I can tell, once it is installed using these instructions

Get the Latest CEP here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=92541

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 10:57 AM
Step c1) didn't work for me. The manual said " HOME (the icon with the little house) -> DOCUMENTS -> EA Games -> Sims 2" which isn't the same as the application folder, so I tried adding the files to the following, which worked:
/Users/.../Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The sims 2
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlinaDK
Step c1) didn't work for me. The manual said " HOME (the icon with the little house) -> DOCUMENTS -> EA Games -> Sims 2" which isn't the same as the application folder, so I tried adding the files to the following, which worked:
/Users/.../Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The sims 2

The Manual you refer to is out of Date and the information is no longer correct.

If You READ what I wrote I tell everyone that the Path is -> ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads

The only difference from what you found is that I included the Downloads folder in the Path and you did not.

Just follow my instructions and it works just fine. If someone needs help with them post about it or PM me.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 12:13 AM
@lordtyger9, I think you're talking about step (a) and @AlinaDK is talking about step (c1).

Your instructions (and kemieg's here which is the earliest mention I can find for installing the extras for Sims 2 Super Collection) have both zCEP-EXTRAs in the Sims 2 Super Collection package, but the My Documents one for step c1 should indeed be elsewhere.

From my own notes:

1) Unzip MTS_Numenor_913167_CEP_WindowsMAC_Manual-installation.zip

2) Copy _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package to ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
3) Copy Extras/MyDocuments/zCEP-EXTRA to ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2

4) Select Applications → The Sims 2 Super Collection → Show Package Contents
5) Copy _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package to Contents → Home → TSData → Res → Sims3D
AUTHENTICATE
[administrator password]
6) Copy Extras/ProgramFiles/zCEP-EXTRA to Contents → Home → TSData → Res → Catalog
AUTHENTICATE
[administrator password]

Also, obviously some of the zCEP-EXTRA files are pointless for Mac users, as we don't have the EPs that they fix objects for. So I tend to delete the following from Extras/MyDocuments/zCEP-EXTRA:

CEP-EXTRA_BohemianDoubleBed.package
CEP-EXTRA_BohemianSet(byHavelock).package
CEP-EXTRA_DynastyDresser-Fix-for-AL.package
CEP-EXTRA_OFBWindows-Fix-for-AL.package
CEP-EXTRA_WitchesLamps.package

and these from Extras/ProgramFiles/zCEP-EXTRA:

CEP-EXTRA_2storyOFBColumn.package
CEP-EXTRA_BohemianSetAL(byHavelock).package
CEP-EXTRA_BohemianSetMG(byHavelock).package
CEP-EXTRA_ComputerTeen.package
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 5:26 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 4th Jun 2018 at 5:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
@lordtyger9, I think you're talking about step (a) and @AlinaDK is talking about step (c1).

Your instructions (and kemieg's here which is the earliest mention I can find for installing the extras for Sims 2 Super Collection) have both zCEP-EXTRAs in the Sims 2 Super Collection package, but the My Documents one for step c1 should indeed be elsewhere.

From my own notes:

1) Unzip MTS_Numenor_913167_CEP_WindowsMAC_Manual-installation.zip

2) Copy _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package to ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
3) Copy Extras/MyDocuments/zCEP-EXTRA to ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2

4) Select Applications → The Sims 2 Super Collection → Show Package Contents
5) Copy _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package to Contents → Home → TSData → Res → Sims3D
AUTHENTICATE
[administrator password]
6) Copy Extras/ProgramFiles/zCEP-EXTRA to Contents → Home → TSData → Res → Catalog
AUTHENTICATE
[administrator password]

Also, obviously some of the zCEP-EXTRA files are pointless for Mac users, as we don't have the EPs that they fix objects for. So I tend to delete the following from Extras/MyDocuments/zCEP-EXTRA:

CEP-EXTRA_BohemianDoubleBed.package
CEP-EXTRA_BohemianSet(byHavelock).package
CEP-EXTRA_DynastyDresser-Fix-for-AL.package

and these from Extras/ProgramFiles/zCEP-EXTRA:

CEP-EXTRA_2storyOFBColumn.package
CEP-EXTRA_BohemianSetAL(byHavelock).package
CEP-EXTRA_BohemianSetMG(byHavelock).package
CEP-EXTRA_ComputerTeen.package

@muridae
You are undoubtably correct, I do sometimes misinterpret what some someone writes. I hope I did not come off as too snarky or impatient as that was not my intent. to anyone who felt that I was being so, I do apologize.

Also I never really looked at the contents of the zCEP-EXTRA folders, thanks very much for listing the items that you delete. I went and did the same just a couple of minutes ago.

BTW Your instructions are quite good as well.

I figure that is helps keep my file count down. On that note I recently discovered that I had exceeeded the new Open File Limit that put into effect a while ago, so I went and increased the limit. LOL

Even if you change the Open File Limit to what I suggested, it is not hard to go over that limit if you have an Ãœberhood set up and you add a bit too many subhoods and download a bit too much. ACCKK

Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 7:38 AM
The easy test for whether the My Documents zCEP-EXTRA folder is in the right place is probably to build using the two tile version of the OpenMe window and make sure that it lets light through. Provided you don't have any other fixes for it in Downloads, of course.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
The easy test for whether the My Documents zCEP-EXTRA folder is in the right place is probably to build using the two tile version of the OpenMe window and make sure that it lets light through. Provided you don't have any other fixes for it in Downloads, of course.

I wanted to check to make sure that I didn't have an unnecessary Mod. So I checked and btw I have my Mods as well as the whole Downloads folder very organized so It did not take me long to look to see what I have.

I had only one Mod that has to with Windows and I don't think this mod fixes the window the way CEP does Counter-friendly Windows by Mary Lou, so I think I am good. LOL.