Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2018 at 2:24 AM
Default Oasis Springs world name is now Strangetown
I downloaded a Strangetown world a couple weeks ago and actually never went into it so i just decided to delete it. I decided to start a new gameplay and went into Oasis Springs except it was called Strangetown. How can I fix this?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st May 2018 at 6:15 PM
hmm. did you delete cache files? And you are sure that you deleted the correct save file?
I know that I have Ohmysims World name changer in my mods file, and the names I have created for my worlds mean that as long as that mod is in my documents file, any new game I create will always have those same world names until I change them or remove the mod.

Take a pic of your sims document folder and mods folder and post?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2018 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
hmm. did you delete cache files? And you are sure that you deleted the correct save file?
I know that I have Ohmysims World name changer in my mods file, and the names I have created for my worlds mean that as long as that mod is in my documents file, any new game I create will always have those same world names until I change them or remove the mod.

Take a pic of your sims document folder and mods folder and post?

Save folder
Mods_1
Mods_2
Mods_3
Mods_4
Forum Resident
#4 Old 1st May 2018 at 10:39 PM
okay. From what I can see your localthumbcache is 47mb. Clear that after every game - helps keep your game running smoothly, and removes traces of stuff from your old game you may not need anymore. Any "type" file that is a package file you see in that documents folder, you are free to delete. A new one will generate as needed.

FYI: You have a lot of mods that are fabulous, but are they all up to date? Dates of 2015 and 2016 for files may give you some hiccups in your game.

If you are starting a brand new game by clicking the green arrow (in-game), if you have NO saves in your folder it should start you on a brand spanking new world, but if you still have the save, it will go to the last save file you used I believe.

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#Top MCCC is updated past the date you have it - here is the link.

Also, you have a last exception file, which means something is giving you grief. Maybe share that as well?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2018 at 11:26 PM
okay. From what I can see your localthumbcache is 47mb. Clear that after every game - helps keep your game running smoothly, and removes traces of stuff from your old game you may not need anymore. Any "type" file that is a package file you see in that documents folder, you are free to delete. A new one will generate as needed.

FYI: You have a lot of mods that are fabulous, but are they all up to date? Dates of 2015 and 2016 for files may give you some hiccups in your game.

If you are starting a brand new game by clicking the green arrow (in-game), if you have NO saves in your folder it should start you on a brand spanking new world, but if you still have the save, it will go to the last save file you used I believe.

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#Top MCCC is updated past the date you have it - here is the link.

Also, you have a last exception file, which means something is giving you grief. Maybe share that as well?

You can understand this? LastException
Forum Resident
#6 Old 1st May 2018 at 11:52 PM
Definitely update the mccc. That is all I can make out at this point. Once you update, you may have more LE's. You can also delete them, but you should delete them after fixing the problem. MCCC has a discord with a lot of helpful people who can help you pinpoint problems and mods that are troublesome. You can also delete the last crash text file as well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd May 2018 at 12:43 AM
Definitely update the mccc. That is all I can make out at this point. Once you update, you may have more LE's. You can also delete them, but you should delete them after fixing the problem. MCCC has a discord with a lot of helpful people who can help you pinpoint problems and mods that are troublesome. You can also delete the last crash text file as well.

Thanks for the help.