Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 7:11 PM
Default Accidentally deleted urn and no-unlink-on-delete
I know there are several threads about deleting graves and urns but I couldn't find an exact answer to my question.
I think I accidentally deleted the urn of Michael Bachelor when tearing down the Caliente house (I play meetme2theriver's clean version of Pleasantview so I'm not 100% sure the urn was there in the first place).
I only became aware of the urn's existence when reading a wiki entry on Calientes, so my game has been saved multiple times since deletion.
I have no-unlink-on-delete installed and there's nothing wrong with my game...yet.
Did I mess up my hood for good or is there a chance the mod prevented that?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 7:16 PM
The urn's there on the cleaned version. If you have nounlinkondelete you'll be fine, although if you're worried you can run it through Mootilda's HoodChecker: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=456523

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
The urn's there on the cleaned version. If you have nounlinkondelete you'll be fine, although if you're worried you can run it through Mootilda's HoodChecker: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=456523

Thanks, I'll do that.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 8:04 PM
If you want the grave manifest in the hood, there's also a method to summon ghost, regenerate the tombstone, etc.
Alchemist
#5 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 8:51 PM
from my understanding, summoning ghosts and regenerating tombstone are separate.
and from my understanding, there are more than 1 of both.

another way to restore the grave marker could be through the lot's files. find the lot either in Program Files directory or through the downloaded file/files. then copy (or extract) it to My Documents directory.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 8:53 PM
No, don't copy it from program files. It'll mess things up in a similar way to putting an occupied lot into the neighborhood does.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#7 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
No, don't copy it from program files. It'll mess things up in a similar way to putting an occupied lot into the neighborhood does.
how?
I had not encountered problems from copying lot files.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 10:23 PM
I had often deleted graves before I knew it was a VBT. My neighbourhood is still going strong 10 years on. I wouldn't worry too much but do install nounlinkondelete.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 12:04 AM
It'll cause corruption because the lot from Program Files contains older versions of characters and relationships which don't sync up with your current game; so you'll wind up with one-sided memories and the like. It's obviously a lot more serious if you've moved sims in and out than if you've not really done anything to the lot, but it's also, well, pointless - there are much easier and safer ways of regenerating a grave if that's what you want to do.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.