Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 10:41 AM Last edited by emmyjulia : 11th Jul 2017 at 7:07 PM. Reason: Solved
Default [Solved] TS2 Leaning roof + window
Hello guys!
So I wanted to build a typical 50's bungalow with the flat leaning roof. Pretty easy consider constrainfloor but as you can see in the picture there is that bloody window (!!!).
I am not sure how to cope with it since I don't use CFE very often. And funny how the garage door work..

Any advice is much appreciated

Extra: I could have used Maxis pre-made leaning roof but the roof was siding the wrong way thats why I made it like this. I didn't want to shorten the walls since I need the space.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 2:48 PM
This problem occurs when you heighten the walls with windows/doors. I've had the same problems when first using CFE. You'd have to build a 2nd, dummy floor. That one can be lowered or heightened as you wish without affecting doors and windows below. You will not get any paint pattern distortion either (On the bottom floor at last).

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#3 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 5:50 PM Last edited by emmyjulia : 11th Jul 2017 at 7:04 PM.
@Johnny_Bravo
But I did the wall before adding any windows, if that's what you mean?
Do you think you can explain a little easier step by step? I am not 100% sure how to perform it.

Edit: Or wait I think I know what you mean, I shall try it!

Edit 2: Tada!
Thank you so much for the help. For now on - always dummy levels/floors!
Alchemist
#4 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 7:02 PM
@emmyjulia
Exactly! I was about to show you when I got the notification, but you found out
Dummy levels can do great wonders sometimes and are fun to experiment with. I'm only encouraging you to play around and see what you can do.

Also please don't double, or in this case, triple-post. Just edit your new stuff into your latest post.
Quote:
From the MTS guidelines-
11. No Double Posting: Use the edit button - if someone has not replied since you and you have something to add or change in your original post after you've hit reply, use edit.
This explains it better than I can, obviously.

#5 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 7:07 PM
@Johnny_Bravo
I usually don't use CFE as much as I said. Just when I want the roof to go a little higher so they don't cover the windows. But I will definitely play around a lot more now! Thanks again!

*whoops stupid me.. *
Alchemist
#6 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmyjulia
@Johnny_Bravo
I usually don't use CFE as much as I said. Just when I want the roof to go a little higher so they don't cover the windows. But I will definitely play around a lot more now! Thanks again!

*whoops stupid me.. *

At some point when working with CFE it becomes hard not to use it