Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#6851 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
From what I've been told, there are some registry alterations that can be made to get the 1.67 version of CAW to work with Steam installs now.

Wait, what? CAW for 1.67 isn't compatible with Steam's 1.67? I totally misunderstood that (as I am prone to do). I guess I'm holding off my steam install.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6852 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Wait, what? CAW for 1.67 isn't compatible with Steam's 1.67?

Not out of the box, but it doesn't look that difficult to arrange.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi...s/?id=126164888
Lab Assistant
#6853 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
There is a CAW for both 1.67 and 1.69. before I got the 1.69 monkey off my back, I used CAW for 1.69 and it worked well enough. There's even a SUPERCAW for 1.69.

Thank you .. And the reason for staying away from 1.69 is the launcher and mods not working correct ? Would like to dabble in CAW and see what it is about, but if there is one for 1.67 then Steam might be the way to go .. Origin stops and starts all the time with the downloads... It takes weeks to download a purchase.
Top Secret Researcher
#6854 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 5:17 AM
Patch 1.69 explained: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
#6855 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 11:55 AM
Does it matter whether a Sim puts something on sell at the Elixir or regular Consignment shop? Like, is one type of thing more likely to sell at one shop than the other? Putting a painting onto the list of the Elixir Shop, does it have a lower chance of being sold soon?
Scholar
#6856 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 2:20 AM
What HQ Mod do you use or which HQ mod is best in you opinion?

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Theorist
#6857 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 12:21 PM
I'm trying to play a family that owns a food shop. So far I've built a food shop, put a food register there, and it works well as a community lot.

My problem is this family of food merchants are unable to buy this lot! It won't show up in the real estate property list. It's set to 'community' and 'no visitors allowed' (just like other diners and restaurants in town). I tried setting it to various other designations. Sometimes it shows up and is buyable, like when I set it to 'coffeehouse', but a coffeehouse works until midday only, when most of my sims work and can't go shopping. Please help!

P.S. That said, are there any benefits to buying this lot, other than for realism? Will the owner actually show up at the food shop autonomously while I'm playing other families? (I've never tried playing a business before)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6858 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 7:59 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 2nd Jul 2017 at 12:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
P.S. That said, are there any benefits to buying this lot, other than for realism? Will the owner actually show up at the food shop autonomously while I'm playing other families? (I've never tried playing a business before)
No, the owners won't show up to look after their shop. Buying a lot is more like an investment, with weekly proceeds that owners can claim.
Besides, it has actual disadvantages: since the Island Paradise EP, owned lots are treated like owned resorts - things break, get dirty and these won't be fixed automatically anymore at 3am like on other community lots. Owning a lot now means that you will have to take care of it every day. You're the janitor now, not the entrepreneurial owner of a fancy establishment.

Quote:
I'm trying to play a family that owns a food shop. So far I've built a food shop, put a food register there, and it works well as a community lot.

My problem is this family of food merchants are unable to buy this lot! It won't show up in the real estate property list. It's set to 'community' and 'no visitors allowed' (just like other diners and restaurants in town). I tried setting it to various other designations. Sometimes it shows up and is buyable, like when I set it to 'coffeehouse', but a coffeehouse works until midday only, when most of my sims work and can't go shopping. Please help!
Certain lot types cannot be bought, like Visitors Allowed, No Visitors Allowed, Small Park and some EP lot types. Your best lot assignment type would be Hangout then - this can be bought and has no closing times.
Theorist
#6859 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 6:54 AM
Thanks a lot! My sim family won't be buying the lot if things break and they don't show up on it anyway... Wow, I can't believe EA did that.

I will, however, rename the clerk to the head of my sim family and copy his appearance, so that visiting sims have an illusion that this family is actually managing the business. They did everything so much better in OFB, with owners automatically showing up and all...

@Don Babilon, I have another question about businesses. I want to run a real bakery (with a mod for restocking from buy mode, my sims need to have a life!), but I heard that it can't be done because food gets deleted at 3am. You mention 3am and say that nothing gets fixed on owned lots since Island Paradise, so maybe my information is old... Do you know about food, does it still get deleted at 3am?
Site Helper
#6860 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Does it matter whether a Sim puts something on sell at the Elixir or regular Consignment shop? Like, is one type of thing more likely to sell at one shop than the other? Putting a painting onto the list of the Elixir Shop, does it have a lower chance of being sold soon?

I don't know if there is a difference between how well an item sells in the two kinds of shops, but I know that without Consigner there are things that can only be sold at one shop or the other. (Which is when I got Consigner, so now I don't remember which items I was trying and failing to sell when I went into the wrong side of my store. )
The other difference, of course, being that if you want to consign something at 3 am, the Elixir register is the one which is still open.

There is a comment in the Alchemy lesson that potions sell better during the full moon, so I suppose that might apply only at the Elixir shop. But I haven't tested it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#6861 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
(...)

@Don Babilon, I have another question about businesses. I want to run a real bakery (with a mod for restocking from buy mode, my sims need to have a life!), but I heard that it can't be done because food gets deleted at 3am. You mention 3am and say that nothing gets fixed on owned lots since Island Paradise, so maybe my information is old... Do you know about food, does it still get deleted at 3am?
By default community lots and inactive residential lots are cleaned at 3am, all broken items repaired, all empty dishes cleared, scratched furniture (from werewolves) mended. Servings of food that are still edible are likely to remain in place. The mod you will be using is probably Nraas Cupcake? I don't know whether this has additional functions to keep baked goods fresh and in place.
Mad Poster
#6862 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
By default community lots and inactive residential lots are cleaned at 3am, all broken items repaired, all empty dishes cleared, scratched furniture (from werewolves) mended. Servings of food that are still edible are likely to remain in place. The mod you will be using is probably Nraas Cupcake? I don't know whether this has additional functions to keep baked goods fresh and in place.

It does not. The racks will empty out at 3 am and get restocked at 5 am. Which ones get restocked or left alone by the Cupcake mod are player-adjustable and racks can be restocked on demand at any time. The only way I know of to preserve food for the next day is to bring it home and place it in a refrigerator, then bring it back again. Admittedly, that gets tedious very quickly and then you have to explain to your customers why you are charging full price for day old baked goods.
Theorist
#6863 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 9:24 AM
I wanted to use the Shop from Inventory mod for bakery, but I guess it has the same problem with food. The nraas page for it states it needs Awesomemod. I wonder why, which function of Awesomemod helps. Anyway, it's a huge mod and I'm not sure I want to install it, it could create conflicts. So I was just hoping that maybe that info is old, but alas...
Scholar
#6864 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 11:34 AM
Are Arcades borked? I made one myself, it worked fine for a few days and now, when I head there, I can't lower the walls and none of the Sims can go inside. Doors are still the same and all, but...
#6865 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 7:48 AM
It's a glitch. Nothing to do with the Arcade lot type itself. It can happen randomly for various reasons. One thing that can cause this is if you change household with the in-game "change active household" feature in Edit Town. (It's a button that came with, I think, Showtime and shows two houses connected with an arching arrow.)

Save and reload to see whether this fixes it. If not you'd have to go back to a previous save.
Scholar
#6866 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 11:52 PM
I know you shouldn't convert counters to package format from sims3pack, but what else is on the break list for conversion?

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Theorist
#6867 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 5:06 PM
Can someone remind me what the biggest amount of ram the game can use again please? It seems to capped at 6gb or something for me

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#6868 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Can someone remind me what the biggest amount of ram the game can use again please? It seems to capped at 6gb or something for me

TS3 is a 32-bit application, it can use no more than 4 GB. The real limit is actually ~3.7 GB due to some overhead. If it ever reaches for more, and in fact spikes over 3.5 GB can cause this, the game will essentially lose its mind and crash or Error 12 upon trying to save (or both).
Top Secret Researcher
#6869 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
I know you shouldn't convert counters to package format from sims3pack, but what else is on the break list for conversion?

Counters, patterns, worlds, but I think @Greenplumbbob has a workaround for these.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
#6870 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 9:22 AM
Did University Life upgrade the speed at which Toddlers learn skills? My current mother Sim eventually traded enough LTH to gain influence to the point of getting a new trait: I picked family-oriented. And now, toddlers seem to learn at top-speed! I know family-oriented always made it a bit faster, but it was never this fast before.
#6871 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Counters, patterns, worlds, but I think @Greenplumbbob has a workaround for these.
In addition everything that is modular like counters, e.g. sectional sofas, playground swings.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6872 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 5:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
In addition everything that is modular like counters, e.g. sectional sofas, playground swings.

I have? Err... I think the issue is quite similar to converting patterns where you pretty much have to change a line in order to get it to work again (Heck, a space even). I guess I should look a little more into modular converted objects, though I have a few ideas on why it might break it.
dodgy builder
#6873 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 5:30 PM

I think I stumbled on something for patterns. It depends on what tool you use. Some use EA's pattern tool and some use S3PE or tsrw. I used a lot of patterns on TSR and very seldom had problems. There has to be an age to it of course, but one of the main contributors on TSR I had to stop using because they all spinned like crazy while others was all fine.

I just didn't have time to investigate further.

TSR says they should have fixed it though, but patterns might just have been left out.

I also remember back sometime someone mentioning it.
Inventor
#6874 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 1:57 PM
How long does it take for a community lot you bought to produce income?
Site Helper
#6875 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 3:35 PM
Community lots produce income after a week, and it generally continues to build up until you have 4 weeks to collect. I generally pick a day and always collect on that day of the week. (Monday.) If it's too new there won't be anything to collect, but it will be there next Monday. If it's not Monday, I don't worry about whether or not there is anything that needs collecting.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 275 of 385