Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#10601 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 3:10 PM
I learned today that Sims dressing up as an astronaut for a costume party can "commemorate moon landing". They stick a flag in the ground that they pull from their bottomless pockets, and salute it.

Also, I love Tragic Clown. One of my sims had a ghost baby with him once.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#10602 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 7:25 PM Last edited by kusurusu : 1st Jul 2017 at 4:17 PM.
blinkers: According to the OrbOfAnswersQuestions xml this happens in one of 21 cases on average.

Pary: Actually, that interaction (and another one) was unlocked when your sim attended a skill class in Advanced Technology.and not because they're wearing a special suit.
Forum Resident
#10603 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 2:44 AM
Oh is that what it is ? I had no idea. My sim learned AT by accident ( from some opportunity reward I think ) - it is just that he was wearing the spacesuit at a costume party when I noticed the interaction and assumed that was where it came from. Thanks for clearing that up

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Test Subject
#10604 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 8:03 PM
[QUOTE=kusurusu]blinkers: According to the OrbOfAnswersQuestions xml this happens in one of 21 cases on average.

Well, now I feel so lucky!!
Field Researcher
#10605 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 8:41 PM
I discovered today that sims can find out about cheating by "sound".

I had a sim cheat on her spouse with the butler. They were wohooing on the third floor of the house and her husband was sleeping on the first floor. Son #1 was playing games on the first floor and son #2 was playing games on the second floor, he was also in the room directly below them. When my sim cheated, only son #2 found out about it, he got a "witnessed betrayal" moodlet. Obviously he couldn't see them cheating, but I guess he could hear something from downstairs O.O Since he was in the room right below them. Damn.
Lab Assistant
#10606 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 7:06 PM
Today I learned that Sims can go to the Oasis Landing City Hall and cheat on the lottery. Now I can cheat in my legacy challenge...
**without cheats.**
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10607 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 11:13 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:03 AM.
Just now I discovered something odd that I have never seen before. This must be the third time that I've resurrected Tragic Clown from Sunset Valley, but this version has a unique interaction: whenever he meets a new Sim he has the option "Clown... Tragic Clown" in addition to "Friendly Introduction" and "Greet". It doesn't do anything special, he just shakes hands with the greeted Sim, and the greeted Sim doesn't react in a different way either.

Edit: Haha, I think I know the solution. Before I sent him out to greet his fellow citizens I had changed his traits with the UL brain enhancing machine, which gave him a moodlet with something like "a new identity" and the option to change his name (which I kept though). The following day the interaction was missing, so I think that it was this moodlet and he didn't introduce himself as the Tragic Clown but just with his "new" name. Like James Bond: "Bond ... James Bond" or rather "Clown ... Tragic Clown" in this case.
Lab Assistant
#10608 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 1:33 PM
I have just learnt to make diving lots, so for something different I placed the alien spaceship in an underwater trench. It bobs up and down slightly with the water movement, so cute. It's the only thing I have noticed do that.
Theorist
#10609 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 4:08 PM
I'm enjoying University a bit more though it's slow. There are also glitches. My sim went to a party (Bonfire) but nothing happened. It just said "Sophia went to a party and it was epic." All she did was stand outside the door. Okay...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#10610 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I'm enjoying University a bit more though it's slow. There are also glitches. My sim went to a party (Bonfire) but nothing happened. It just said "Sophia went to a party and it was epic." All she did was stand outside the door. Okay...

Not that I would know this from first hand experience or anything, but I imagine if one consumes enough herbs then staring at a door can be very entertaining...
Test Subject
#10611 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
There is also a paper delivery girl named Dee Liver.

and a mail carrier named Carrie Post. I don't like pun names. Too "kiddie."
Test Subject
#10612 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
if this is serious then thank you because I was so sure no one would believe me. I'm pretty bothered about their whereabouts though... One was at a park for kids and the other was at a campground, neither of which are suitable environments for their...talents... but they weren't misbehaving so I guess its wtv

ALSO who wants a dancer named Sugar Free?

"Hello!!! Yes everyone, let's welcome tonight's entertainment! We have Miss Whole Grain, Miss Low Fat, aaaaaaannnnnddddddd Miss Sugar Freeeeeeeee, ladies and gentlemen!!!!!!"

Tonight's talent -- meet Amber Alert and Miranda Warning!!
Top Secret Researcher
#10613 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 8:47 PM
Twins are a bitch. Oh. My. God.
Top Secret Researcher
#10614 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Not that I would know this from first hand experience or anything, but I imagine if one consumes enough herbs then staring at a door can be very entertaining...

Oh gawd... someone at a college gave me a brownie at a party that I was stupid enough to think was a brownie. The next day I was sitting in the physics department's rock garden staring at rocks I was holding. Someone thought I was a really serious geologist.

I was scared to death I would never be smart again. That was 35 years ago. Still not smart.
Site Helper
#10615 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 3:26 PM
I discovered that starting a game loading at 7:30 am before being dragged out of the house and not getting back until it's time to shut down the computer at bedtime doesn't make for a very satisfying play session...

(I remember doing a term paper on the top bunk in my dorm room while my roommate and her friends were using a bong on the lower bunk...

It didn't occur to anybody that smoke rises until she discovered that I had drawn smiley faces on all my fingertips. Fortunately, my term paper didn't suffer much, although the teacher did comment about artwork decorating the margins. Something along the lines of "While this is an acceptable paper, and we are dealing with medieval literature, there is no need to make it an illuminated manuscript.")

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#10616 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 11:44 AM
I have discovered that if I play the EA world Bridgeport, it doesn't create world cache files into my Sims 3 / World Caches folder.
You know if you play a world, it generates two files into the World Caches folder: an objects.package and a sims.package. At least it happens every time I play any worlds, being either EA or custom created.
But Bridgeport is an exception. It doesn't generate those two files. Weird. Should I be worried about this?
#10617 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 5:04 PM
The base game world and the ones from EPs don't generate world cache files. It's only worlds installed through the Launcher (either 3rd party or Store, those you can find in the Installed Worlds folder) do that.
Base and EP worlds use the compositor and Simcompositor cache files for caching instead.
Lab Assistant
#10618 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 5:22 PM
I've learned that people have weird tastes in creating sims. I looked through the before and after sims on tumblr, and everyone's mouths are super downturned? They look evil!
#10619 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 5:24 PM
Maybe it's because by default Sims smile in CAS and people try to compensate it. My first Sims looked always grumpy out of CAS too until I got a mod that stopped the smiling in CAS.
Lab Assistant
#10620 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 5:34 PM
Like, it's more than just grumpy, it's like -^-
Is the point to make them look like emoticons?
#10621 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 8:39 PM
Ah, I think I know what you mean. I suspect that's a fashion thing then, I've seen quite some tumblr sites where they all look like a mixed breed between a duck, a cat's anus and Agnes Crumplebottom. Maybe people think that's cute or cool even?
Top Secret Researcher
#10622 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 2:41 AM
I think it's neat that unfinished paintings generate value. This was a painting my legacy founder was creating before she died.

Screenshots

Field Researcher
#10623 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 6:07 PM
Speaking of dead people and paintings-

I'm not sure this has been mentioned before. If you make a playable ghost in CAS, their painting appreciate as if they were someone who died during the game. Only the game registers them as being dead for the maximum time possible and thus their paintings skyrocket overnight to the maximum value for that painting size and quality. It's either amazing of annoying depending on whether you are going for a family that you want to gain as much money as soon as possible or if you are playing a family that you want to be of modest means.
Top Secret Researcher
#10624 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 3:37 AM
So I was browsing in the TS4 forum (yes, I have been cheating on you TS3) and someone shared that the pop up that comes with TS3 patch 1.69 and the EP chooser states that you should choose no more than 2 EPs to play with at a time. WHAT??? They sold us 11, yes 11 EPs, and now claim that enabling more than 2 at a time is not recommended. I have no words.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
#10625 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 4:32 AM
I discovered that those fancy electronic locking gates from Late Night for celeb houses automatically open up for robbers. RUDE.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Page 425 of 490