Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3401 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 10:14 PM
In my humble opinion everyone is probably being asked questions that they don't like. It is part of life.

I have been asked for the past 12 years (since I became a widow) if I have met somebody else yet, if I have any wedding plans, is there anyone, etc. etc. (No to all). The past couple of years I am also asked almost daily if I am a grandmother yet. (I am not and not sure if I want to be one or if my kids have any such plans).

I have not made a self-Sim yet, though, but if I ever do, she is getting married to Skye Weiss in Widespot (Oh, I don't care about his asexual part. He has not met my self-Sim yet, and who is in charge anyway? )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3402 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Smorbie, you don't need to defend me. Some people don't like being asked certain questions, and there are a few things that piss me off severely as well that probably wouldn't piss off others. *shrug* No big deal.

Sorry. I'm a long-time tilter of windmills as you can probably see.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3403 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 11:22 PM
I used to be a tilter of windmills. It got me into big trouble with some early Leafy/Keemstar types back in 2004.
Mad Poster
#3404 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 11:36 PM
I don't believe I was ever anything but civil, in this particular case.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3405 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 12:00 AM
Mad Poster
#3406 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 12:20 AM
As someone who's also on the asexuality spectrum myself, I was pleasantly surprised to see the conversation evolve so politely. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#3407 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 3:14 AM
Well I don't know much about asexuality, and all I knew about it was people who are asexual aren't looking for love or sex, but they would likely enjoy it if they ever did try it. Maybe it's not true for every asexual. I figured that asexuals were neutral toward both sexes, but not disgusted by both. Nervous Subject is disgusted by women, and judging from Circe's bio, maybe it's her doing. Who knows.

But anyway, back to the point of the damn thread! LOL!

If you move in a Garden Club sim, it's likely you'll only get one simoleon. Or maybe it's just if you move in Garden Club sims who were made with the NPC/Townie maker or who were made in a custom hood with the clean templates.
Mad Poster
#3408 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 3:20 AM
I know right now that one of the fears I keep rolling is 'be old and never married'. Maybe my Aspiration is Family or something.
Mad Poster
#3409 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 3:21 AM
Well I don't know much about asexuality, and all I knew about it was people who are asexual aren't looking for love or sex, but they would likely enjoy it if they ever did try it. Maybe it's not true for every asexual.

It really isn't. What your'e describing certainly exists within the asexuality spectrum, but many asexual people would not and do not enjoy sex at all ever. Some only enjoy it under certain (often unpredictable) circumstances or with very specific people. As with pretty much everything relating to gender and sexuality, it does not translate very well into the game, not matter how much we mod it.

If you move in a Garden Club sim, it's likely you'll only get one simoleon. Or maybe it's just if you move in Garden Club sims who were made with the NPC/Townie maker or who were made in a custom hood with the clean templates.

Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Hobby Sims are the same way. Along with the Bigfeet (Bigfoots doesn't sound right. hahah)

I have never tried to move in a Garden Club sim or a hobby maven or a Bigfoot, but that is interesting.
Mad Poster
#3410 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 3:40 AM
Well I don't know much about asexuality, and all I knew about it was people who are asexual aren't looking for love or sex, but they would likely enjoy it if they ever did try it. Maybe it's not true for every asexual. I figured that asexuals were neutral toward both sexes, but not disgusted by both. Nervous Subject is disgusted by women, and judging from Circe's bio, maybe it's her doing. Who knows..

It's kinda confusing, even to me! Here's the way I understand it, though.

You know how straight people are attracted to the opposite sex, gay people are attracted to the same sex, and bi are attracted to both? (This is a vast simplification, I'm afraid.) Well, "a-" basically means without - such as a capella singing is "without musical*accompaniment." So asexuality is a lack of sexual attraction to anyone. It's not so much disgust as a lack of interest.

This isn't the same thing as romantic attraction. Lots of asexual people date or even get married. Lack of romantic attraction is aromantic. I'm actually aro-ace.

To further confuse the matter, some asexual people do enjoy sex - but rather than where it's because they are attracted to their partner, it's because they enjoy the physical sensations of it.

I'm not even going to get into grey-asexuals and all that sort, because that's where I start to get confused.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3411 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 3:42 AM

Clean templates has nothing to do with money. It is probably coded with game. My sim married a pizza-girl because there was very few to choose and she brought 16K into family.
Mad Poster
#3412 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 4:57 AM
The problem with making an asexual sim is that in RL they aren't repulsed by people, they just aren't interested, but in Sims 2 if they're set as neutral it takes only a couple of flirts to change their mind. So they have to be set to find both sexes repulsive so they have a buffer against flirts. And afaik finding a gender repulsive only affects romance? So you could still be best friends with that person.

I have to admit that I don't understand aromantic. Are you really not capable of love at all, or just romantic love?
Mad Poster
#3413 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 5:00 AM
I don't have any romantic attraction towards anyone is basically what that means. There's a couple different types of love. In Greek, there's at least four: Storge, the love between parents and offspring; Philia, affectionate regard between friends; Éros, intimate love that often comes along with sexual passions; and Agápe, "love: esp. charity; the love of God for man and of man for God" but also refers to the love for one's children and spouse.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#3414 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 5:29 AM
Some asexuals are repulsed by sex or the idea of it, some are indifferent, and some enjoy it for various reasons. It wouldn't be terribly out of bounds to have a sim that reacts negatively to those kinds of advances. Unfortunately, the game doesn't really differentiate between sexual and romantic actions. So it's kind of difficult to have an asexual who likes dates or holding hands, but wouldn't want to woohoo.

@Charity, that's correct about the gender preference. ACR automatically sets a negative attraction when it assigns sims an orientation, to prevent random flirting from altering that orientation. As far I've seen, it doesn't impact friendships at all. My sims are able to be best friends with a sim, even if they have a -500 towards that other sim's gender.
Mad Poster
#3415 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 5:51 AM
Some discoveries:

1. You can take the pictures from the activity table and put them on the wall!
2. Having a Sim play with a baby that has a stinky diaper decreases their hygiene.
3. Putting the modified baby dangle on the sofa is a bad idea:

She's...babysitting.

Forum Resident
#3416 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 6:01 AM
I've found this topic interesting and enlightening. I've been researching (non-Sims) asexuality on and off for the past year or so and I still don't fully understand it. What surprised me -- though it should not have -- was the differences within the asexual community (which is estimated to be 1% of the population). Some who identify as ace have a romantic interest in the opposite sex. Some have a romantic interest in the same sex. Others have no romantic interest in either gender, and there are some who have a romantic interest in both.

Devon, it is good to know that setting the attraction to double negative will not impact our Sims friendships.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#3417 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 7:02 AM
Fishing together increases STR extremely quickly.

just a girl
#3418 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 7:26 AM
If you press "Shift >" or "Shift <" the camera may get stuck spinning round and round until something happens that stops it. I couldn't stop it by pressing any button, < and > only changed direction, until I was eventually saved by the chance card.
Mad Poster
#3419 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 7:36 AM
I just learned you can use the < or > keys to navigate, as well as the WASD keys. Huh.

Anyways, new discoveries:
- The boot that the Sim fishes out of the pond is a lot bigger than an actual Sim foot. What the??
- Mean Sims can toss the football hard at the other Sim, and then shrug and feign innocence.

Mad Poster
#3420 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 7:52 AM
Bigfoot was at the pond?
Mad Poster
#3421 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I just learned you can use the < or > keys to navigate, as well as the WASD keys. Huh.

What do you mean by 'to navigate'? I wasn't aware WASD had any function in sims 2.

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
- Mean Sims can toss the football hard at the other Sim, and then shrug and feign innocence.

They do the same with the baseball. It's funniest, imo, when two mean sims are doing it to each other. :D
just a girl
#3422 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 7:53 AM
I love hotkeys. It is much faster with them then doing everything with the mouse.

Anyone interested should find a guide for Sims 2 hotkeys (CD box or web). Many useful buttons.
Mad Poster
#3423 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
What do you mean by 'to navigate'? I wasn't aware WASD had any function in sims 2.

Moving the camera around the lot, I mean.

Mad Poster
#3424 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 8:35 AM
huh....I always do that with the mouse, usually by right-clicking.
Mad Poster
#3425 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 9:05 AM
QEWASD...a must when using TAB!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Page 137 of 445