Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 3:50 AM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 19th Jul 2017 at 7:08 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Corrupted Sim (or glitched? FIXED)
I keep getting jump bugs and can't use this Sim at all. Sandy Beech. I was playing another household in Widespot and she came over and wouldn't move and after awhile I realized that plus everyone getting jump bugs. I traced the issue to her and have been trying force errors, deleting etc. and nothing is working. Here are a couple pictures I got of errors while trying to fix her

I can smite her if that'll stop the issues....I mean it'd be sad to just kill her over it but if it saves the rest of it...

Edit: I can control her and get her to do stuff on her own but the second I try and have her interact with another Sim I get a jump bug and it's impossible for any Sim to interact with her at all. She has already had her baby so she isn't pregnant anymore.

Edit again: I stand corrected, she can interact with some sims. She can't interact with her husband Hamilton, but can with his mother and her daughter, but can't with the people from the Storm household..

Also Edit: I took out the entire downloads folder to see if the problem lurked in there...and the problem persists. So it isn't a mod or cc problem

My Simblr
He/They
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 4:41 AM
Given my bad eyes I can't actually read that. But did you try deleting all the beds and rebuying them? Bugged beds can give jump bugs.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 5:03 AM
Have you run Hood checker, deleted caches, checked her inventory for corrupted stuff, moved her out and in again, seen if she got any extra options on the batbox? Removing Sandy the loose cannon reduces the drama potential of the neighborhood by quite a bit, and killing her wouldn't fix the corruption, just make it less of an immediate problem; so you may as well try every trick in the book before going nuclear.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 5:17 AM
Well after trying everything else suggested I moved the entire family out and back in since it's not just Sandy, it's Sandy and Hamilton...and still the problem is happening.

I'll try everything before killing Sims...

I tried deleting the beds and rebuying them, resetting them, moving them out and in again..deleted caches, ran hoodchecker

I looked at batbox and clicked anything extra, the only thing in their inventory was the porta chug potion which I deleted just in case..but still the same issue

My Simblr
He/They
Inventor
#5 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 5:35 AM
This is a problem I've run into with Denise Jacquet quite a lot. To fix Denise, I usually have to use the Nuke Attraction Markers on the batbox and summon her dead husband Yves in her presence so that she has the actual memory of him being dead. Otherwise, she thinks he's still alive and will often fear getting caught cheating on him. A post in this thread on Simbology speculates it might have to do with corruption of the marker/tokens.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 5:58 AM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 19th Jul 2017 at 6:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
This is a problem I've run into with Denise Jacquet quite a lot. To fix Denise, I usually have to use the Nuke Attraction Markers on the batbox and summon her dead husband Yves in her presence so that she has the actual memory of him being dead. Otherwise, she thinks he's still alive and will often fear getting caught cheating on him. A post in this thread on Simbology speculates it might have to do with corruption of the marker/tokens.

I think that might be the problem but the batbox isn't fixing it. I even summoned people they are attracted to and did memory/nuke attraction markers and it's doing nothing, keeps saying fixing 0. Somehow she got a bolt with general buzz grunt and whenever I even mouse over him, I don't even have to click him, she resets.

Maybe I can try with SimPE though i've never done anything with the attraction markers before...and i'm wondering if this is actually corruption or a glitch, so I apologize if the thread name isn't correct I have no idea, it just seems like corruption to me..

Edit: I've come to the conclusion I don't know what i'm doing or looking for in SimPE. And this might take awhile of trying to not just smite the Sims, which i'd rather not have to do if possible but it doesn't appear to be looking good with everything i've tried :/

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 6:56 AM
Did you notice Sandy's aspiration is missing? That causes issues with the attraction score. Use SimBlender or another tool to put it back.

This has happened before to me. I'm not sure if it's a sign of corruption or just the game glitching.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Did you notice Sandy's aspiration is missing? That causes issues with the attraction score. Use SimBlender or another tool to put it back.

This has happened before to me. I'm not sure if it's a sign of corruption or just the game glitching.

YESS! I've been googling this whole time and just checked, Sandy's aspiration was missing! She is now a grilled cheese Sim...i'll fix that once I go check what she is supposed to be (I literally just figured this out and came to say I fixed it) but I fixed it with the headfryer thingy
WOOHOO and it was just Sandy, hamilton seems fine maybe it is because they are married? I don't know but it's FIXED :D

Edit: I feel so dumb, I never even LOOKED at her aspiration (luckily I keep backups after every play session so just in case I might have messed something up in trying to fix it I used my backup, I haven't lost anything really just played half a day of the storm family and didn't accomplish anything so..) but yeah I never thought of her aspiration, it's the first time this has happened to me. It's in the picture I took but I didn't notice. Thank you guys!

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 7:39 AM
I'm a little surprised nobody else noticed it either. Perhaps I wouldn't have if I didn't recognize the error. BTW, Sandy Beech is popularity.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I'm a little surprised nobody else noticed it either. Perhaps I wouldn't have if I didn't recognize the error. BTW, Sandy Beech is popularity.

Thanks Yeah I am not that observant, I need to work on that. At least I know for if that happens again now. Easy fix if I had just noticed. It would have been so sad if I smited her, especially for that when it was such a simple fix. She has only had one weekend of play time, in game. She just had her baby..Anita Beech.

My Simblr
He/They
Inventor
#11 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 9:08 AM
Oops, I'm not familiar with the Sandy Beech character, so I thought the sim in the first image was her (especially as she showed up again in a later one). As I result, I didn't really pay as much attention to the second image.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
Oops, I'm not familiar with the Sandy Beech character, so I thought the sim in the first image was her (especially as she showed up again in a later one). As I result, I didn't really pay as much attention to the second image.

Oh now I feel silly, the Sim in the first image is also named Sandy. She wasn't having an issue and her name is Sandy Storm, but still I was playing the household in the first picture, the Storm household (Sims I made myself as the pleasure aspiration family in Widespot) and the Beeches were the welcome wagon, and the issues started there with everyone jump bugging thanks to Sandy Beech who wouldn't move. Everyone else was doing things, and randomly getting jump bugs, while Sandy Beech just stood there...for nearly an entire Sim day before it dawned on me the jump bugs were not going to stop and Sandy was just standing outside...one of the household Sims had used greet everyone on another Sim in the welcome wagon, but Sandy Beech wouldn't move.

All is good now though I could have easily used the sim manipulator to fix it had I noticed, you'd think i'd see the aspiration not being there once I went to check in on the Beech household but I guess that just shows how I need to be more observant lol. I'm just glad it was an easy fix and she's fine now

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 12:05 PM
Good spotting Ihate! No never saw it was missing, but I actually had that glitch once when I aged a townie up with the games age up option at a birthday party.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#14 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 2:33 PM
I wonder if this is what happened to my Nina Caliente all those years ago, when I tried to change her aspiration and thereafter she couldn't speak to any male Sim or do anything at all if there was a male Sim on the lot? I guess I'll never know, but it does seem possible. Glad wicked's problem is fixed, anyway!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I fixed it with the headfryer thingy
WOOHOO and it was just Sandy, hamilton seems fine maybe it is because they are married? I don't know but it's FIXED :D

Edit: I feel so dumb, I never even LOOKED at her aspiration
The headfryer thingy was the right tool to use here, according to Pescado , so good thing you did that
It's one of those random bugs that do not happen because of this or that, so don't look for culprits (Sandy's conscience is burdened enough without that -private joke for Widespot players^^).

And don't feel dumb, it's something you just don't notice. I've had the same issue years ago in Veronaville with some former townie, and I watched her jump bug again and again never noticing there was something missing from the UI. Then I spent some more time looking for a solution online, and that's I found a thread on MATY with the same issue. Sure enough, my jumper had lost her popularity aspiration and I never noticed. I felt so dumb :p
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 6:01 PM
Thank you all I'm sure Sandy feels better now that her aspiration is back in place. And glad to know i'm not dumb, and it's nothing to worry about.

My Simblr
He/They