Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 5:37 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Sims stuck inside Foundations
When I am playing a lot with an Elevator/Lift and it has a foundation. I get pets and other Sims children to Elders, inside the foundation and they are trapped and sometimes they die if I don't notice them and move them with the moveobjects cheat. The Sims are ones that I don't control at least so far, but the pets are ones that belong to the household.

I have a large number of lots with Elevators/Lifts and frequently they have foundations, so this happens a lot and it is very annoying when I have a Sim die because they were not rescued in time.

I have not noticed this issue on a Community Lot, just on household that I am playing.

Does anyone know if there is a solution other than not having Elevators/Lifts with foundations?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 7:29 AM
I just grab them with moveobjects. Although I only find a sim down there now and then, perhaps it's the routing of the lot?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I just grab them with moveobjects. Although I only find a sim down there now and then, perhaps it's the routing of the lot?

I like to play using a remodeled Bluewater Village Mansion such that I add about 3 or 4 floors to the original and I usually put the Elevator in the front left of the building. Sometimes I put it a little to the right instead of the left, but always in the front.

I use BO - Unbreakable Elevators so I don't need to be worried about the Elevators/Lifts breaking and thus I have one or more of them in I think every lot with more than one story.

I do just grab them with moveobjects in order to fix the problem, the problem to me is that I sometimes have not noticed that a visiting Sim is there and sometimes I have a visiting Sim that ends up dying and I blame the stuck in the foundation thing for this.

I suppose that the visiting Sim might die due to a ghost, but I don't have many ghosts as I move the headstones/urns to the cemetery Downtown.

I am just hoping that someone might have come up with a solution. I really find this glitch annoying,

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.