Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 8:57 AM Last edited by Ulyo : 21st Nov 2017 at 10:12 AM.
Default The Sims 1 body mesh edit SKN to OBJ help???
Hi guys

I dont play this since TS2 release.

For some reason, I got back to it.

Im looking through websites and most are down, but, I still have hope some1 can help me!!

When I used to play TS1, I had tons of skins, and even saved them all in a CDR... well, thats all gone...

I am searching for a larger female body, I know theres one somewhere because I had it before!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 8:58 AM
update: I can only find "fat" body type, its not what Im looking for
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 1:37 AM
I got it, finally!!!

Theres a tool named SKN to OBJ, it converts The Sims 1 files so we can edit meshes in maya or milkshape.

Well, I made my obese sim, but still, I cant figure out how to send it back to the game, since Im doing something wrong

http://www.kelahn.com/SKN2OBJ.htm

Here is the link to the authors page, I tried to contact him, but no success and I doubt after 16 years his email even works!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 1:52 AM
My problem is>>>

When I end with my modiied .obj file, and I need to send it back to game, I always get a 1kb empty file, it doesnt show in game because its just not there, its empty.

I reaaly dont know what I am doing wrong! Please help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 7:38 AM
Guys, please help, I think I found the problem...

In Maya, I cant import joints, so when I made my mesh edited, it was saved without joints.

That's exactly what milkshape tells me to do, add joints

I dont know what to do since I cant use Milkshape and I really dont want to edit it all again.