Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 2:42 AM
Default I did DO it! :)
Hoping this topic fits in here...

I've been working on this all day. Literally.
This is not the hardest Sims 3 project I accomplished, but this is certainly the one I've learn the most how-to's
I converted the Romantic Shirt Boyfriend outfit, to keep only the shirt, and made a Top. Just that, yes
Thank you @Greenplumbbob for posting about bump maps, 6 months ago, you showed me that I could add my file in mesh tab ! wow... yay.
Wiki was helpful, to find exact RGB for Mask's first, second and third color, so I could edit my mask to my likings.

That I had to manually create alpha using PSP 9, so my multiplier would not create a black useless shadow on my sim's legs, is amongst what I've learned today. Hooray! for autodidact-me.

I am SO happy...

As you can see, the checker pattern tells you exactly how I scaled just the bottom of the shirt. hehe (so it does not overlap in the bottom area of..) And this is extreemly lazy work. But this is not for upload. I was just too anxious to test in game, but I promise myself to redo the mapping correctly. In the meantime, i ajusted the mask to fit it better. Top part where it does not stretch is red, but the bottom part is yellow.
I was surprised at the last one, fabric pattern one does not seem to be affected much...cool.

Of course I tested it!!! here.

I'd like to thank my family, who always supported me and....

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 2:50 PM
Ohh! I love how it turned out! And I'm glad the bump map post helped you out! ^-^ I'm not sure if you experience any issues with neck seams? But it looks like it doesn't. ^-^
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 5:58 PM
Thank you! And there is also a preg morph...
I must scale shirt a bit, make it a tad more loose, so more skirts can be paired with better results, no bleed through...otherwise...I like it.

About neck gap, I doubt I could have, since I haven't touch any of the last vertices where head meets neck.
But who knows...I touched no vertices (where bottom meets top) on those shorts I am making right now, though in TSRW there is a minuscropic gap...none in ms3d, and I looked very closely.
The only mesh that would make sense would have been the preg morph, since that was the only one i had to move those vertices..there was no balloon belly.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)