Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#26 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kadaggle
I was the one who started that thread, it's good to know that it wasn't just my computer possibly being the one to blame. I agree that my now 3 year old laptop might not be up to scratch with the game specs (it was a very high spec laptop when it first came out!) but I don't have anything wierd on here that would be causing this issue.

Ah so if you are the same person, can you post your specs? Not sure if I'm right with the idea that it might be a hardware/driver thing, but seeing as there are very few people reporting this problem and the walls work fine for others, it must be something on the user side.

(Apple hardware might be a likely culprit -- I had already forgotten about the grey walls thing mustluvcatz mentioned --, I guess for a PC game maybe that doesn't get tested very much. I also have an intermittent graphics issue myself (with the game, not with CC) that I never see anybody else report, and I'm on a MBP.)

To further establish whether or not it is really the texture size that's the issue, one could test with the walls that I uploaded. They all have standard sizes but are made with different tools (than the ones that were uploaded for testing in that EA thread).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Well then. It seems like the size problem is the same thing as the TS2 grey wall/Mac problem. While Windows users don't have any problem with walls that are larger in height, those walls will show up grey for Mac users.

I admit I've been sizing my TS4 walls wrong then. But the thought of redoing all of them makes me want to go hide under my bed and never come out.

I have not had any problems with your wallpapers, but I have had papers that show up in the catalog, but not on the wall with other creators.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#28 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 1:06 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 26th Nov 2014 at 7:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Davinia
I have had papers that show up in the catalog, but not on the wall with other creators.

By "not on the wall" do you mean you got those blue/red walls with question marks instead? Or nothing at all (i.e the drywall wall, or did the UI not respond, or something else ..)?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Page 2 of 2