Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simalary44
Test out these directions.

.RAR & .ZIP Files

1.Open "Set Associations" in control panel. (You may have to look around for it)

2.After all your extensions and programs load, look for ".ZIP", or ".RAR". Click on it and in the top right, click "Change Program" (or "Change Default" or differently.

3.Change the program to WinRAR, WinZIP or 7zip.

.PACKAGE FILES

Note: Like I said, usually you won't have programs that need these.

1. On your desktop, make a blank file named "test.blaw"

2. Right-click on a piece of CC (.package file) and click "Open With..."

3. Click "Browse App On this PC" (or somewhere along those lines - different per Windows version)

4. Browse to "test.blaw" and accept the change.

5. Delete the "test.blaw" file, as this will remove any associations with .package files.

It seemed to have worked! It showed up in CAS which it didn't before. But when I go back into my mods folder the CC still says .rar is that ok? Or should it say packaged?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grizzbear
It seemed to have worked! It showed up in CAS which it didn't before. But when I go back into my mods folder the CC still says .rar is that ok? Or should it say packaged?

You may have both .package and .rar files in your mods folder? If the .package was FROM the .rar, you can now delete the .rar

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.
Page 2 of 2