Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 2:17 AM
Default Annoying music when you start to play a household or switch to a different household
Whenever you start to play a household in the Sims 4 there's this clip of music that plays once it loads. It's pretty short, but I find it extremely annoying. If it isn't clear what I'm talking about let me know, and I will try to link to a YouTube video to show what I mean. Does anybody know a way to shut this off or a mod that gets rid of it?

I can't figure out which category in the audio options it belongs to, if any. I know it isn't the music category because I have that set to zero. I think out of all the categories it would be under sound effects or possibly UI sound, but I don't really want to set either of those to zero. Especially not sound effects, because (correct me if I'm wrong) this would mean I don't hear things like sinks, toilets, etc. I also have enable mood sting unchecked, didn't think this would have any effect but figured I should mention it.

I've tried searching this a bunch, but the terms I'm using must not be correct because my results are always about music related glitches. I know it isn't a glitch, just a feature of the game that irritates me. Any help is appreciated.

As a side note I would also love a way to get rid of the music that happens in City Living when festival notifications pop up.

Edit: Also realized that disabling mood sting isn't even working, I just heard music when my sim changed emotions. Any input on this would be helpful as well.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 4:08 AM
When i last checked the startup tune is S4_01A527DB_001407EC_5E770A76D6AC5621%%+_AUD.snr located in the base game's ClientDeltaBuild5.package.

It can't be turned off on the game without sacrificing all the other audio, There have been several mods in the past that have silented it, overwritten it with some other audio. Hex Edited it, and even attempted it my own way, most cases they work, but I've found all have been known to occasionally randomly crash the game, under some circumstances, so good luck..

I gave up on it long time ago, found the solution more problematic than it's worth...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 10:49 AM
Re the loud music that plays when you load a household, if you can't find a mod that works or that doesn't crash your game, the workaround Shimrod gave in this thread is useful - either turn off, or down, the UI Sounds slider. It will also affect the volume of clicky noises when you click on things, but I find that a very reasonable trade-off: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=574614 . I set my volume on that slider to 10% and find that a good compromise.
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 7:21 PM
Thanks for that handy info, I had not known that, my UI was set to 16%, and since I play with headphones, it was still too loud, so I tried setting it to 0%, and without the UI clicks it's actually beneficial, it actually speeds up UI response time almost by 3 times, certainly I recommend that option for slower machines, and not only did it disable the startup tune, but all the annoying tunes also like fulfilling a wish, although some more important tunes still played, like the death from old age tune, and who needs UI clicks anyway?, you don't need clicks when your navigating in Windows, so why do we need then navigating in the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 8:24 PM
Thank you both so much for the info, I'm definitely willing to sacrifice the UI clicks to be rid of the startup tune.
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 4:18 AM
Hey, for new users watching up this old thread. If you still have this same question and want to disable that mindblowing music. Go to this modthesims.info/d/632340
And download a file called: Additional_Muting.rar which incluides some mute files, unzip and look for: TS4_Lot_Intro_Music_Muting.package and put it on mods folder.
That effectively disables that music without sacrificing the whole UI sounds.