Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 9:07 PM Last edited by kithri : 2nd Sep 2012 at 10:22 AM.
Problems with pixelization since installing Photoshop CS6
So, since I upgraded to Photoshop CS6 and Illustrator CS6, I'm having problems with texture pixelization, which makes no sense. I currently have some patterns in the moderation queue that I've been told need changes because they are pixelated, but I can't figure out how that happened, since two were VECTOR graphics created by me and I'm using the latest and greatest software possible (thanks to my student ID and a wealthy friend ).

I am using Delphys PatternPackager and saving as DXT 5 with alpha. But I don't think it's that. There's something in CS6 that is messing me up.

Anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Edit: Well I never really solved the problem exactly. I am fairly certain it is something in CS6/nvidia's dds plugin or a combo of the two, when combined with the DXT5 with alpha format. Other formats weren't blurry, but of course are not readable by the pattern packagers. I finally used a custom specular which seemed to help. Need to visit Adobe and nVidia and ask some questions in their support sections.