Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 1:54 AM
Default EIG memory error
So I've cleared all caches, all of my mods worked last time I played (haven't added or changed any of them), my DC cache folder is 945KB. I've also tried both Alt-Tab and closing CAW and Chris's batch file. Oh I also cleaned up my global layer.
However, when I go to save EIG either crashes to my desktop or I get The instruction at 0x00a15bd6 referenced memory at 0x000000024. The memory could not be read. (Took a screenshot if you want to see that)
I have Windows 7 Pro 64bit, 16GB of RAM, Nividia GTX 970 Geforce GPU.
Any suggestions, or tips on what is going on and how to solve the issue is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 8:50 AM
You didn't mention your cpu. Is it a new pc?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 10:49 AM
Also your patch level. 1.69 patch messed up CaW.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 4:13 PM
I knew there was info I was forgetting I have an Intel i7 (4790K) CPU and I do in fact have patch 1.69. However, I've been using it since it was released.
I mean I mostly use my computer for graphic intense programs like ZBrush and Maya. So it's catching me off guard to have a memory issue with EIG.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 5:33 PM
Some more questions for you Does it happen in every world you try to save in EIG or only in specific ones? If it is only in the world you're currently working on, did this happen right from the start (after the first building session), or could you build and save without problems initially? Are your lots large and your building sessions long? And most importantly, do you use CC you haven't used before (in EIG)?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 8:30 PM
I've only been working in one world, I can test in another world. So I tested using Sunset Valley lite, and place one of the largest residential lots in my world, saved. And EIG didn't crash
EIG has occasionally crashed after a few long build sessions.
But I switched from building in EIG, to building in-game than exporting and importing said lot into EIG. With the exception of a few edits to buildings noticed during play-tests.
I do have large lots, however, the most recent one I've been trying to place is 30*20.
Oh also even before this happened I would generally import 1 or 2 lots depending on size, save and exit EIG. I made sure that any lots larger than 40*40 or lots with a lot of objects on them were placed than saved immediately after.
Unless the CC came with a lot (lots which I've only gotten from here, or my sim reality) I don't have any new CC. Also with the exception of worlds, counters and mods. All of my CC is imported into my game via CCMagic (In case that matters)
Lastly not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I've noticed since working on this world I can't import certain heightmaps, such as sunset valley. It's also been happening more frequently but when I open my world. It looks like it's about to rain in CAW, and I don't mess with the cloudyness. (Next time it happens I'll screenshot it) This weirdly enough, if I ignore it, will cause CAW to crash. With the pop-up abort, ignore or cancel.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 9:40 PM
There is info here if you didn't update CAW after the 1.69 patch - this may not be the problem but you could check it out. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...n-origin-caw/p1
Space Pony
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 11:19 PM
Unfortunately, I have updated to 1.69. However, I'm thinking there is some sort of memory issue with my computer. For example, chrome, which only has 6 tabs including this page open. Is consuming 999,168 KB of committed memory.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 1:10 AM
Just wanted to update in case someone comes across with a similar issue. I kept getting 12 code errors when saving, and I've had other memory issues with my computer. So I factory formatted my computer, reinstalled everything. A day later I'm able to save in EIG.