Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#126 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:46 AM
@broomhilda61 You build your own buildings. Don't worry if you are not good at building. I suggest looking up some floor plans online for help. Also, you are not being judged hon, you are playing along and I will give you some feedback, okay?

Booty is allowed but we prefer not to know, so don't tell us, k.

To those who think they can't build here is a build tutorial. http://modthesims.info/t/191530 so if all you do is a box and add a few boxes to it, great!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Instructor
#127 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:49 AM
Thank you gdayars and Jo..lol..

Sorry for asking :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#128 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:54 AM
@broomhilda61 I added a link to a basic building tutorial. You got this.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#129 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:56 AM
Where is the link Jo..??? I think I need to clean my glasses..lol

Found it.. :D
Forum Resident
#130 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:29 AM
Good morning everyone! I started building last night til 4am and stopped at around 49k....
after that I had a nightmare that I went overbudget.

BUT WHOA 80k budget limit now? am I still asleep?!

*pinches self* WELL HELLO PLANTS.
Instructor
#131 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:43 AM
That's so funny kanzen..I really needed that daily smiles and giggles..

Didn't get those today at CBS.. poppy wasn't on..

I'm still looking and downloading things..it's been a nightmare..with links no longer working..and Sims2 creators leaving..

I do have someone that has been helping me out looking and trying to find the no longer working links..she has been a huge help.. :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#132 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 4:19 AM
you can try posting all of the stuff you're looking for at the WCIF forum. The community is here to help uvu
Instructor
#133 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 4:30 AM
Thank you so much kanzen.. but I think I have almost everything except maybe the kitchen things..and the things that oh brain fart..oh the people that stand at the door..and show the guests to their seats..and things like that..Japanese and Chinese..what I am going for..that is what I was able to find the most of..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#134 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 4:51 AM
Remember it doesn't have to be Asian to be Eastern. Middle Eastern/Moroccan is also Eastern.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#135 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 5:03 AM
I know Jo..but the Japanese and Chinese cc has been coming up more..for me..
Right now am talking to the girl that has been helping me out..she knows how to use that Wayback Machine..I don't and still having problems with downloading things from there..she is working on that..I found a lot of accessories but nothing for the main restaurant part..
I don't know maybe I am just over my head at attempting this..out of my comfort zone..and on panic mode lol...I know take a deep breath..breath in and breath out..relax..and then say OMGOSH ARE YOU CRAZY GIRL..
Forum Resident
#136 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 6:59 AM
psstt @broomhilda61, jo is right, everything is up to open creative interpretation
I used South East Asian (Filipino) Country-style (which looks like Spain in the Tropics) for a round that needed Country Style a few years back. Usually people would go for farm-style, western, shabby chic, or barn look. And I did confuse some judges. But overall they liked the new take on country style. Don't be afraid to go outside the box =)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#137 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 7:11 AM
If you are searching for 'sims 2 Eastern' then yes it will. If you wanted eg Morrocan you would need to search for 'sims 2 Morrocan'. Although the game itself comes with quite a bit already in a collection folder.
Morrocan
http://www.parsimonious.org/furnitu...e_Dar_Zina.html

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...tern,_and_Harem

http://chukhin.brinkster.net/Lynne/...s/Moroccan.html

Morrocan/middle eastern
http://modthesims.info/t/575721

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#138 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
yes 80,000 3x2 or 2x3 either one would work

and sorry to confuse you!

next round will be more on par I hope

Not confused - don't worry.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Entries: can you all make sure your pictures blow up nice and large since at least one judge is as blind as a bat...

*hands Jo pair of glasses... and a magnifying glass*

OK - another quick question. Can I do a barbecue and still qualify as a food lot - the main point of the lot will be for sims to go for a barbecue (and maybe other things)

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:04 PM
As long as food is the PRIMARY point yes. There may be other things present but the emphasis needs to be on the food and it has to be clearly a part of the theme. (Whatever theme you are going for)

It would be really help if people titled theirs something like Oriental restaurant or country steakhouse or whatever, so we know which theme it belongs to.
Instructor
#140 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 4:13 PM
Thank you all so much... :lovestruc

I on my way of getting things..found a bathroom here on MTS well not me but a friend..just a bit ago..it's beautiful and will work perfectly..have errands this afternoon..and if all goes well I will have all my items needed to start this build by next weekend
I'm starting to get excited now that the hunt is just about over lol.. I have a somewhat idea how I want this to go..let's see if I can pull this off :D
Forum Resident
#141 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 6:31 PM
Default Work in Progress
Concept: A fresh food market right beside a pier and a lighthouse. Sims can haul in their catch of the day to sell in the market's fish stand, or they can grill it OR ask the chef to cook it for them.
**tho the closest thing I can make that possible in game is using the fish anywhere object and grill it there q u q I can't really ask an NPC to cook a fish from my inventory...right???
There's a fish stall, a produce stall, a bakery, a juice bar, and a shop that sells tropical plants. Above all that is the main restaurant. I wonder if this is alright?

I'm not final on the name yet: Lighthouse Market, Portview Market, The Wiggling Tuna, erm ermm. And there are some things I might change.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#142 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 7:05 PM
*groan* It looks great, Kanzen... your gonna beat me again, I just know it!

Ah, well...

I was loading up my game - and it BSODded on me. NOW what!!?!
I hate computers... *sigh* OK, cross your fingers, I'll try it again.

BTW - Kanzen - that looks really nice. As do the other early entries Great jobs all y'all!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#143 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 8:56 PM
Basically same thing as sky domes. I will encourage judges to pretend those things aren't present.

This judge promises to do her best, but my heart still thinks maxis water is the prettiest

UPDATE... After talking to a few people that said if they did want to do CC free, it would be a bit low, I am upping it to 80,000

Hooray :lovestruc I expect we'll see a lot of cc-using lots, which makes sense given maxis choices are limited, but I can't wait to see what kind of creative stuff all you non cc builders create and the extra 20k should be helpful for the atmosphere

I think we're a fairly well rounded judging panel. Jo loves CC and all things shiny, I like cc free and maxis-esque, so at the very least us two should balance each other out a bit. Not familiar enough with Red Sonja to know what she likes in lots, but hopefully something that will make us even more well rounded

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Entries: can you all make sure your pictures blow up nice and large since at least one judge is as blind as a bat...

Good suggestion. Would be great if everyone adds their pictures as attachments, makes it a lot easier for us to look at them. You can right click and select "view picture" to make it larger, but have to go back for each picture which is a bit of a hassle And quality suffers from that treatment, and I'm sure you all want your pictures to be as pretty as can be.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#144 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 9:31 PM Last edited by gazania : 5th Feb 2018 at 10:30 PM.
I enjoy keeping a happy medium when I do CC-lots. My Naftali lot had a slightly longer list than I'd like, and the last contest entry for Community Spirit (whistles) ... let's just say it could never be an upload unless you like long laundry lists of CC (and I really TRIED to control myself!) but generally, I have two mini-challenges when I upload lots that allow for CC, and I like to do this in contests:

1. Variation 1 ... no more than 6 CC items, including recolors and specific mods to make the lot work properly or
2. Variation 2 ... no more than 12. Often, I'll try for 1 and wind up with 2! Way too often!

I am really hitting a dry spell trying to think of an Asian restaurant that leans heavily toward Asian, doesn't look like the ones in the game or CC ones, and doesn't get TOO tropey. The problem is that you can't be all that specific with menu items in a Maxis restaurant (one thing that bugs me ... unless it's an owned restaurant, I believe, though I haven't played one in years), so that leaves the food stand. I intend to use any of my entries in my game ... so they need full playability ... as is, or with a wee item switch or two. (Another challenge!) Good thing I'm a playalong ... I imagine I'd come in last place this time! Personal time constraints are still another challenge, because it appears that not only am I scheduled for surgery, but my mother as well! But I don't mind a good challenge or two or three!

I do have an idea based on something my daughter and I used to visit, but it may tweak the rules. However, being a play-along ... I've been researching alternatives. I found a house plan for inspiration. It's going to look like I don't know how to roof ... again. Really, I DO make many buildings that don't have flat roofs! I have a building in the queue that has a genuine non-flat roof ... really! Nope. No go.

My challenge for this lot will be no more than 12 items CC. Maybe I'll allow for recolors without counting them in the 12. I admit to not being that angelic recently.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#145 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 9:33 PM
Is this contest full? I'd like to be a Wanderlust contestant or a playalong. Do playalong also show their lots?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#146 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 9:41 PM
Porky ((hugs)) Come join the play along.

Gummi, Idoes love CC except when I build for upload, most of my lots are CC free.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 10:27 PM
I'm really feeling these Bali pictures google is bringing up. Now I want to go to Bali. But I can't, so I'll have to live through my sims by making something for them.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#148 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 10:31 PM
Ok, I'll playalong so I don't use a contestant slot.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#149 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
......... I'm not final on the name yet: Lighthouse Market, Portview Market, The Wiggling Tuna, erm ermm. And there are some things I might change.

You can call it, "What takes the bait?"....."Get Hooked." ...... "The worm's fear." .... "Cretaceous Swimmers." ... "The Fish Trap" .... "The Crab Cage" ... "Fresh Net"...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#150 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 11:05 PM
Bali is a popular overseas holiday/vacation spot for us Aussies.

~Call me Jo~

Page 6 of 59