Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8001 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 4:37 PM
I wonder if fame something Sims can lose gradually.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Theorist
#8002 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 6:08 PM
Of course Yibs are going to be happy being able to play themselves, but how does donating money make a person famous? I know many people that donate money, including myself and none of those people including myself is famous.
Mad Poster
#8003 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 6:35 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 20th Oct 2018 at 6:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Of course Yibs are going to be happy being able to play themselves, but how does donating money make a person famous? I know many people that donate money, including myself and none of those people including myself is famous.

Perhaps If you're donating unimaginable amounts of money and very often, I can see how people can deem someone famous for such things. Either you brag or exposes you to the world (in this century, via social media platforms) how very good of a compassion human you are. Like for anything (in music industry, acting, etc) you have to do something remarkable, as not everyone can become famous. And you're more likely to get more respect for it, If you an already star, so not only you get a positive increase in reputation but you'll get even more famous since things can get viral nowadays very quickly.

Anyway, the element I think would be worth of this pack (somewhat) If you, as a famous person, influence masses/fans to do something or perhaps somehow bring awareness to things to encourage/discourage off. Don't have the words to describe or bad example, but let's say you bring mischief and hate over another popular sim, start picking fights and request the fans to spread hate or just troll at their switter account. Actually, maybe that would hit too much close to home in a negative way. I really can't think of a good example, but it would be interesting If you could affect the culture of the world in some form.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Theorist
#8004 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Perhaps If you're donating unimaginable amounts of money and very often, I can see how people can deem someone famous for such things.

I guess so. People that I'm aware of but don't know personally that donate large sums of money and often don't talk about it. They don't feel compelled to brag to the world about how good they are, they'd rather show it with their behavior.
Mad Poster
#8005 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I guess so. People that I'm aware of but don't know personally that donate large sums of money and often don't talk about it. They don't feel compelled to brag to the world about how good they are, they'd rather show it with their behavior.

Well, it probably would happen more likely If you get acknowledge by someone, rather bragging on internet (because who enjoys listening) braggers, which bring success. But yeah, If you're a filthy rich man that donates in large sums, recognition is likely to follow. Hoping at least that's taken into consideration wit this pack, along ways to do it in secret/careful without getting unnoticed and have your sim life be ruined becuse lol ur a star now 'n paparrazi will b stalkin u 4ever.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

That would make sense. Sim should lose fame If they're not doing something constantly that brought fame to them in the first place.

Instructor
#8006 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

Would be nice if that was an option.
Mad Poster
#8007 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 8:45 AM
Regarding the career, there are probably no or little value to having an advantage outside of the job. I feel acting (If that were a skill) could have been made to manipulate people somewhat with acting. Let it be convincing to believe a lie or to somewhat fix a relationship, maybe turn a stranger/bestfriend into an enemy within an instant through one interaction, or idk.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8008 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 2:16 PM
I think for fame the game needs to add a broadcast media aspect to it, so if the sim via whatever career gets the opportunity to appear on TV, then their fame grows that way. I don't think anyone ever became well known outside their special interest community by blogging or tweeting or even youtubing until their blogs or tweets get mentioned on broadcast media. Not yet as of 2018 anyway

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#8009 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 3:30 PM
Or through simply becoming a meme. EA is prone to add something like that to make sims connected to our trends of the timeline

Instructor
#8010 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 6:05 PM
Quote:
"I’m enjoying the objects so far. As you can see, my Sim spent all her money buying the toilet."

Wait are we serious? ANOTHER gimmicky toilet??
Field Researcher
#8011 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 6:47 PM
Quote:
SimsAnnon (Mar 16, 2006 3:22:52 PM)
Do Maxis people play sims?

MaxisLittleL (Mar 16, 2006 3:22:52 PM)
I love the SIMS! I actually just bought Sims Complete (even though I have all of the packs) and have it on my laptop.

https://web.archive.org/web/2008041...at_03_16_06.php

Just the attitude of Sims 2 Maxoids to the TS1. I know this is off topic, I just remembered when I read this chat about Grant and Sims 3.
Mad Poster
#8012 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism

Lmao. It better be the return of Uber Sani-Sim Toilet. Oh, better yet - why is taking so long for urinals to come back? Or at least new introduction of bidets. My sims don't need talking AIs in bathrooms.

Mad Poster
#8013 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Isn't there already the mischief skill for that ?

Yeah, I had that in mind. I just can't think of anything else. It's just that skills that can't be anywhere in casual day outside of work lose their potential.

Theorist
#8014 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 8:40 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 21st Oct 2018 at 8:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism

In all seriousness, are you really surprised? I haven't checked all corners of the sims community, but there has been a shortage of talking about toilets lately. I did mention something about how gold spray paint is cheap these days somewhere, but beyond that, I haven't seen any discussions about toilets.
Mad Poster
#8015 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 8:56 PM
Well, knowing the backlash it got from CL you think they would know better. Also quite strange that after two years has passed (honestly anything to regards of TS4 development time, these underwhelming time period measurement feels like actually decades had passed than years), it's a bit strange they chose now with a gap than progressively like they do with furry suits offers. Perhaps that their trying to mess with our psyches and tests us how much tolerance to suppressing anger we can or/and If we have a memory of a goldfish. Quite strategic thought.

Forum Resident
#8016 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 10:56 PM
Eh, is it even confirmed that it's a gimmicky toilet? For me it just sounded like that person was saving up their Simoleons to buy that expensive gold toilet.
If it really is another talking toilet then I'm at a loss for words.
Field Researcher
#8017 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 11:15 PM
The gold toilet probably replenishes all their needs or something. They are obsessed with toilets, we get them in way too many packs.
Field Researcher
#8018 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 11:58 PM Last edited by Kompaktive : 22nd Oct 2018 at 10:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Whoa! Where is that? And what is done when it happens?

Many things are "illegal" and done all the time with very often no consequences and/or nobody cares.

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
... and kompactive, where do you live!?

I would not to mention it.
However, what daisylee just said is true. In my region, pirated imported product is illegal. However, they never take an action unless it is a local product which was being pirated.
Mad Poster
#8019 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kompaktive
I would love not to mention it.
What you said is true. pirated imported product is illegal, however, they don't care unless it is a local product which was being pirated.

I was also thinking of things like illegal drugs and underage drinking, and driving with no license, or insurance, and, and, and...... all which are done a lot.

I could make a darn good dacquiri (sp?) way before I was 21! :D
Instructor
#8020 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
The gold toilet probably replenishes all their needs or something. They are obsessed with toilets, we get them in way too many packs.

They may be telling us a subtle message that they know that's where Sims 4 belongs, since it's shit.
Top Secret Researcher
#8021 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 5:47 AM
Daiquiri.
Mad Poster
#8023 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 7:51 AM Last edited by daisylee : 22nd Oct 2018 at 8:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
You get off on missing the point or do you just do it to annoy me?

You have 14 disagrees on your comment so far so don't throw stones at me. I totally understand what you said and others do also.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8024 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 9:46 AM
When my friend's little girl was about 4, she had just started making up her own stories and she told us this one: "Once upon a time there was a little girl, she was a princess. Her mummy gave her everything she wanted. One day she asked for a great big gold toilet. The little girl sat on the great big toilet and fell right in it and died". I thought that was very perceptive

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#8025 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
When my friend's little girl was about 4, she had just started making up her own stories and she told us this one: "Once upon a time there was a little girl, she was a princess. Her mummy gave her everything she wanted. One day she asked for a great big gold toilet. The little girl sat on the great big toilet and fell right in it and died". I thought that was very perceptive

Well that escalated quickly. What an unfortunate way to die as a princess XD
Locked thread
Page 321 of 447