Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9601 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 8:21 PM
Well, I have a default replacement for the face paint masks that makes them all freckles--which means the turn-on is very useful, now! (by Marja/DishoftheDay, if you're looking for it)

The carnival make-up idea sounds good, too, though.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9602 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 11:10 AM
I wish there was an external tool that let you modify the radio stations. The way it is now, whenever I want to swap out the songs for one of my custom stations I have to drop the files in, launch the game, go to a neighborhood, open up the household, go to the options, remove the songs from whatever station you dropped the files in, and then go to the custom station editor and add them in. It's quite tedious.

I looked at the customstation.xml file that's in the Music folder, but it's what I'm presuming is hexadecimal and the best I can do is rearrange the songs:

Code:
  <Station Name="Classic Rock">
    <Songs>
      <Song ID1="0xff41f245" ID2="0x56ececc1"/>
      <Song ID1="0xffdee6f2" ID2="0x8dd5b167"/>
      <Song ID1="0xff45876d" ID2="0x47ec341b"/>
      <Song ID1="0xff5004b0" ID2="0x1636e5aa"/>
      <Song ID1="0xffd580c9" ID2="0x90d404f6"/>
      <Song ID1="0xff8192e7" ID2="0xf35d6ec5"/>
      <Song ID1="0xffa091a3" ID2="0x467144a3"/>
      <Song ID1="0xffae10cc" ID2="0x06b8c2d8"/>
      <Song ID1="0xffe43a6d" ID2="0xe704dc40"/>
      <Song ID1="0xff8321e3" ID2="0x48341e23"/>
      <Song ID1="0xffd2ee2f" ID2="0x2f9a4d40"/>
      <Song ID1="0xffff6521" ID2="0x29d9e058"/>
      <Song ID1="0xff8192e7" ID2="0xf35d6ec5"/>
      <Song ID1="0xff272114" ID2="0xc996a207"/>
      <Song ID1="0xff8c9444" ID2="0x9c3e8901"/>
      <Song ID1="0xff57bcd4" ID2="0x56eb5dab"/>
      <Song ID1="0xffe1c397" ID2="0x12928f0e"/>
      <Song ID1="0xffd38e72" ID2="0xc09330a1"/>
      <Song ID1="0xff5dac1b" ID2="0xc1f1021a"/>
    </Songs>
  </Station>

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#9603 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 8:37 PM
Heard and seen there are replacement object for telephones to match the medieval setting, but those are stuck with unrealistic unchanged animation. Would be cool If somebody took the time to create, let's say a stack of letter that sim could put in the mailbox (bonus points for devoting to include writing pen animation) or send the messenger pigeon (parrot) outside to retreat to another sim the mail after any telephone interaction is initiated.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#9604 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 9:29 PM
a pregnancy option for the game to decide the father.
like multi-PT sets except for the following::
- non-aliens being picked
- option occurring through a hack
if possible, probably exclude "unsafe" characters from the candidates.
Mad Poster
#9605 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 9:45 PM
InTeen has a sort of variant of this. When teenage Sims 'sneak out,' they have a chance to return pregnant by a random Sim. There's a thread on Simbology about it selecting Mrs. Crumplebottom, though.

Unsafe characters can safely be used as the father, so long as you just use a tool like the Blender, rather than doing anything like making them selectable. I once read a challenge involving this.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#9606 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 7:56 PM
I was thinking about this recently and I wish there was some way of making a usable ramp stairs, like modular stairs that functioned as stairs but looked like a ramp. It would be really useful for my elder homes for realism purposes as well as my hospitals. I know it's possible to make ramps using build cheats but they don't always function.
Alchemist
#9607 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 10:29 PM
other personality equivalents of the "Nice" and "Mean" potions; Magically Spiced Sugar, Enchanted Essence of Cur Tails.
Top Secret Researcher
#9608 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Modder
I was thinking about this recently and I wish there was some way of making a usable ramp stairs, like modular stairs that functioned as stairs but looked like a ramp. It would be really useful for my elder homes for realism purposes as well as my hospitals. I know it's possible to make ramps using build cheats but they don't always function.

I'm curious: how DO you make one with build cheats? I just tried for like an hour and a half and accomplished a whole lot of nothing.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#9609 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 6:03 PM
Perhaps with the constrainfloorelevation cheat. I wondered if it might be possible to create an overlay for the modular stairs to make it look like a ramp, but the angle would be all wrong and the animations would look rather wonky too (feet clipping through and the like).

Mad Poster
#9610 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 6:22 PM
I think that if one makes an inclined pathway, and then laid down wooden slats on it to resemble a ramp, it would look halfway decent. I've got one house that has inclined pitch on the land and the pixels walk up it just fine.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#9611 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 7:51 PM
The tricky bit is getting it to meld with both the foundation top and the ground. That's the bit I can't seem to work out.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#9612 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 11:47 AM
Mod to allow Sims to store in the refrigerate ("Put as Leftovers") the celebration cakes and toast, which would prevent them from spoiling.

Theorist
#9613 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Mod to allow Sims to store in the refrigerate ("Put as Leftovers") the celebration cakes and toast, which would prevent them from spoiling.

Especially since couples saving the top part of the wedding cake and freezing it so they can eat it on their first anniversary or at the christening of their first child is/used to be a tradition in many places.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#9614 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Modder

BlackGarden at TSR made all the modular stairs to resemble ramps. I'll leave you to search the site to find them.
Alchemist
#9615 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:33 PM
program that could test pack compatibility of at least hacks/mods.
probably could work in a similar way to the HCDU (Hack Conflict Detection Utility) program.
Instructor
#9616 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:37 PM
i wish there was a hack when you don't have to call a babysitter all the time when someone's working till the end of his/her job.
i mean sure you could call a babysitter when the sims is at work all the time and for just 1 time, i could imagine that when you only have 1 parent or only 1 older siblings, cousin, aunts, uncle and however that's in the household

but i have it when both the sims has a job, when 1 sim has to work but the other sim might go home in an hour or so, the babysitter needs to take care of the baby's, toddlers and/or children's while 1 older sim is home already.
i wish there was a hack for that when you only needs a babysitter for 1 hour or so,

when there's just 1 older sim then you won't have to change that since it's still the same from before the hack but when there's more sims i want to have that hack
Mad Poster
#9617 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:49 PM
You can try locking her up (with the spinning door bookshelf) after asking her to "end service". You won't need to hire her... albeit because she will always be lingering in your house. Not a solution, but it is an alternative after all.

Alchemist
#9618 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:51 PM
Burning Oil has a mod that lets children and pets to be left unattended. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3005
Instructor
#9619 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
Burning Oil has a mod that lets children and pets to be left unattended. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3005

omg i didn't knew this already exist haha it's saving my life
Mad Poster
#9620 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
Burning Oil

Looks like BoilingOil left his oil boiling for too long.
Mad Poster
#9621 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 10:14 AM
I think someone's been listening to Midnight Oil's "Beds Are Burning"...

Mad Poster
#9622 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 11:22 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 21st Dec 2018 at 1:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Squinge has a Mod that you might like: SkipSchoolNoGradeLoss that you can find on InSimenator.org

Not exactly what I want from the sounds of the given name mod, though appreciate the suggestion nonetheless. Yes, I would like If teens could skip school (as in leave in the middle of the school), but only If there is is a penalty. I wish for grade to drop If the teen skipped school, even If it comes with the probability determined chance outcome. Otherwise, I would have to do it manually which isn't fun and I'm likely forget to do as it would be an hassle.

Though I appreciate your help and mod suggestion nonetheless. It's just isn't exactly what I'm asking, so to clarify for modders that are reading...

As for jobs, of course those should have harsh consequences, Like with coming late to work two times in a row (or any other performance-damaging scenario) - you're fired.
=====
Would it be possible to create, let's say a hacked neighborhood hack that displays (in a notification) data of how much each household has the funds? Could come like in a form of a bank building shell object.

Mad Poster
#9623 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 7:34 PM
Although it's easy enough to do after the fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a hack that gave a Servo a randomized personality when first initialized.

Instructor
#9624 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 11:02 PM
i would like a hack that a child (or children's if there's more) could make diner, lunch, breakfast or however that's in teen, adult and elder sims too,

because i'm about to download a hack that a social worker won't come to get the baby's toddler's and children if the parents aren't at home and i want that hack so badly when children could make food what teen,adult and elder could make too

and then call a hack like "children could make food what teen,adult & elder too" i want some new experience i never had before
Mad Poster
#9625 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 11:08 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 27th Dec 2018 at 2:32 AM.
When moving in a household, it shouldn't automatically switch to them.

Something else for modders to try out in improving their skills: If there happens to be an accesible dresser, Sims will walk to it and change their clothes when needed. Just to give a reaaon and stradegy to layout purchased wadrobes/closets/dressers in the house, as I don't really care what my sims wear.

Page 385 of 582