Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#8026 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 8:42 AM
Hi everyone
My problem is that my sims are all rich and even if they are not they will be rich after they're parents die and they inherit money...
It becomes kinda annoying to me that they can have and buy everything they wish for...and as soon as their money becomes less than 1,000 they will get 20,000 loan and I think they even don't pay that too :/
What should I do to make them become less rich and even have some poor families in my town?is there a way to donate all your money to a charity or s.th?
I will be happy if you help me
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#8027 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 11:58 AM Last edited by igazor : 31st Dec 2018 at 12:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shaghayeghyz
Hi everyone
My problem is that my sims are all rich and even if they are not they will be rich after they're parents die and they inherit money...
It becomes kinda annoying to me that they can have and buy everything they wish for...and as soon as their money becomes less than 1,000 they will get 20,000 loan and I think they even don't pay that too :/
What should I do to make them become less rich and even have some poor families in my town?is there a way to donate all your money to a charity or s.th?
I will be happy if you help me

Money management is indeed too easy in this game, I'll be one of the first ones to admit that. Tax (bill) rates are too low once one gets up to about middle class, inactive sims pay no taxes (bills) at all and everything they need like food is provided for them. If anyone really needs some cash, they can develop the Collecting skill without too much fuss and sell rocks they find on the ground, take up dumpster diving, cheat codes are readily available to the player. But even with all of that, I've never heard of §20,000 loans being granted automagically with no payback required unless one is applying for additional funds while attending Uni or starting over in a new world.

What some of us do is leverage NRaas StoryProgression's Money module to set up graduated property and income taxes for different Net Worth classes (mine are different in every world I play because they each have such different economies), deploy the mod's Unified Billing option so inactives have to pay the same rates, invoke Daily Fees per sim for inactives (only) to compensate for them not having to buy food and other daily necessities, set Private School fees, and use mods that charge for taxi rides, subways, and entry to most fun things in town that shouldn't be free for anyone to just wander in -- with exceptions for municipal buildings and traditionally taxpayer funded things like public schools, parks, and libraries that remain free. SP Money also allows for loans applied for at the bank (Business Bldg), but payback is certainly required and at hefty interest rates applied by way of a transaction initiation fee. If inactives cannot afford their bills, then they get granted the same kind of loan and go into debt, after a while if they continue living beyond their means they will attempt to move to a downsized residential lot they can better afford, be taken in by friends or relatives, or else go bankrupt and may have to leave town (if SP Emigration is enabled). It's actually not easy to get and stay rich in my games unless the household started out with a tremendous amount of "Old Money" or they win the lottery.

Without SP and its tools to arrange these things, I really don't know how to make that aspect of the game more challenging other than periodically throwing money away or spending it all on the neighbors so they can have nicer toys to play with too.
Test Subject
#8028 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Money management is indeed too easy in this game, I'll be one of the first ones to admit that. Tax (bill) rates are too low once one gets up to about middle class, inactive sims pay no taxes (bills) at all and everything they need like food is provided for them. If anyone really needs some cash, they can develop the Collecting skill without too much fuss and sell rocks they find on the ground, take up dumpster diving, cheat codes are readily available to the player. But even with all of that, I've never heard of §20,000 loans being granted automagically with no payback required unless one is applying for additional funds while attending Uni or starting over in a new world.

What some of us do is leverage NRaas StoryProgression's Money module to set up graduated property and income taxes for different Net Worth classes (mine are different in every world I play because they each have such different economies), deploy the mod's Unified Billing option so inactives have to pay the same rates, invoke Daily Fees per sim for inactives (only) to compensate for them not having to buy food and other daily necessities, set Private School fees, and use mods that charge for taxi rides, subways, and entry to most fun things in town that shouldn't be free for anyone to just wander in -- with exceptions for municipal buildings and traditionally taxpayer funded things like public schools, parks, and libraries that remain free. SP Money also allows for loans applied for at the bank (Business Bldg), but payback is certainly required and at hefty interest rates applied by way of a transaction initiation fee. If inactives cannot afford their bills, then they get granted the same kind of loan and go into debt, after a while if they continue living beyond their means they will attempt to move to a downsized residential lot they can better afford, be taken in by friends or relatives, or else go bankrupt and may have to leave town (if SP Emigration is enabled). It's actually not easy to get and stay rich in my games unless the household started out with a tremendous amount of "Old Money" or they win the lottery.

Without SP and its tools to arrange these things, I really don't know how to make that aspect of the game more challenging other than periodically throwing money away or spending it all on the neighbors so they can have nicer toys to play with too.

Thank you so much because of your useful guidelines
Scholar
#8029 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 9:19 PM
Hello all simmers!

I'm still learning the basics of the game and just want to ask if there is a list of sims (read: NPC's) that shouln't be inteacted whit. It's no secret that I have been playing TS2 for years and years and the Wiki here on page lis a lot of NPC's that are unsafe to add to a household or to play as. But are there any unsafe sims in TS3? A few pages back I did read something about Taxi drivers, Carpooldrivers but are there any more? And how about Agnes Crumplebottom from Sunset Valley? In TS2 Mrs. Crumplebottom is a grumpy old lady that hits all sims whit her handbad if they are kissing in public or show off to much naked skin. She is not to be inteacted whit in any other way then "intended", meaning: if your sim don't fight her it's better to run away. All other interactions can bork the game. But in TS3 Miss C seems different and the story says nothing about it being forbidden to interact whit her or visit her or make friends whit.

So, please tell me about who is safe or not. Excuse me for being so noobish but I have to learn the things before making any major misstakes.
Top Secret Researcher
#8030 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 6:14 PM
Grim. Taxi/carpool/bus drivers. (Am I forgetting anyone?) Anyway, this list is shorter than the one for Sims 2.

Mrs. Crumplebottom from Sunset Valley is OK to interact with, by the way; she's a regular sim.
Scholar
#8031 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Grim. Taxi/carpool/bus drivers. (Am I forgetting anyone?) Anyway, this list is shorter than the one for Sims 2.

Mrs. Crumplebottom from Sunset Valley is OK to interact with, by the way; she's a regular sim.

Nice to read that! It was very helpful.
Mad Poster
#8032 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 3:21 PM
Anges Crumplebottom is completely different person from Mrs. Crumplebottom (though may have ties of being distinct relative). Evident by the fact she also appears in TS2 base game, but as a dead Sim in Goth's cemetery. She is a playable Sim, not strict NPC.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#8033 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 4:17 PM
If I have a savegame, and I go update the world files, is there anyway of updating the savegame's world?
Lab Assistant
#8034 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat

What is this thing called? Is it a lunar globe?

A moondial. It is a real thing, but the TS3 one with the glass globe is pretty much fantasy stuff.
Alchemist
#8035 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 7:21 AM
Propably a really stupid question but how do you unlock the hidden island map (the one with the knife) outside Isla Paradiso, especially without diving lots? I looked through Buydebug and tried the cheat code but no luck.
Top Secret Researcher
#8036 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 5:39 PM
I believe moondials come in Supernatural.
Field Researcher
#8037 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 8:34 AM
I've heard that if I delete the DCbackup folder my cc won't upload with my lots. Does this also apply to store items? Because I sent a lot to a friend in sims3pack format (she's caveman af) and she told me the store items didn't show up. I know we both have those same store items, so what is going on?
Mad Poster
#8038 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Propably a really stupid question but how do you unlock the hidden island map (the one with the knife) outside Isla Paradiso, especially without diving lots? I looked through Buydebug and tried the cheat code but no luck.

Wouldn't they need to have terraformed island first in the world? Other worlds outside Isla Paradiso might not have them, which ceases for the game mechanic to be relevant.

My question: Can you impregnate Sims in and from university?

Alchemist
#8039 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Wouldn't they need to have terraformed island first in the world? Other worlds outside Isla Paradiso might not have them, which ceases for the game mechanic to be relevant.

My question: Can you impregnate Sims in and from university?

I don't know. I think it was said at the SimsVIP site that it unlocks with the cheat outside of IP but that didn't work. The reason I want it is that I made a recolor of it in the style of 'Rise of the Tomb Raider'. I even tried to clone it but the sucker refuses to show up in buymode.

Your question: One of my simmies did get another sim pregnant in UNI but the pregnancy didn't progress. After my sim went back home and got the UNI sim to move in with him, the pregnancy went on as planned again.
Mad Poster
#8040 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 3:25 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 14th Jan 2019 at 12:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
A grid square is 1.0x1.0 metres
Height of a step is 0.1875
Foundation height is 4 steps, so 0.75
Wall height is 4 foundation heights, so 3.0

Building on top of that, how thick are Sims 3 walls typically, and I guess half-walls are actually around 1 meter tall?
Top Secret Researcher
#8041 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 7:27 PM
Can a vegetarian sim eat foods made with eggs, cheese, or fish?
Mad Poster
#8042 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 10:38 PM
Do Sims get assignments when in university, just like in TS2? And if so, any difference?

Mad Poster
#8043 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Can a vegetarian sim eat foods made with eggs, cheese, or fish?

Yes on the eggs and cheese but no on the fish, same as us vegetarian humans. An exception seems to be made for Ambrosia even though one of the ingredients is technically a fish.

Those who consume no animal products at all are called vegans, but that concept doesn't really exist in the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#8044 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 11:45 PM
Thanks! I was iffy on the fish in particular.
Scholar
#8045 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 3:19 PM
So my motherboard to a dump so I had to reinstall Sims3. Now I got something funny going on that I am calling stupid human error.

First off let me start off and say before this forced reinstall I could move the camera even in build mode without ever touching my keyboard. Now I cannot because it won't move forward or sideways it just sits in one place laughing at me till I have to get up and use keyboard commands.

My biggest issue is though, my stupid question is, what did I do to make the camera move in OPPOSITE of the way I command? I say right it goes left, I say go forward it goes back. XD

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Mad Poster
#8046 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 3:49 PM
That's camera translation, not ROTATION?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#8047 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
That's camera translation, not ROTATION?

Even rotation is oppisite. Like seriously this is messed up to the point I can't help but laugh my arse off. Like what did I do?

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Field Researcher
#8048 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 1:41 AM
Mod that lets me change the weather immediately in game?
Site Helper
#8049 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 2:28 AM
Try http://www.modthesims.info/d/481816...ns-version.html for the weather.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#8050 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 3:11 AM
I've always wondered what the "World Event Spawners" do in-game (in the buydebug menu) - I can't find any information on that, and I'm kiiiiiiiiinda iffy about just plopping them in my current game because I don't wanna mess them up. So, anyone know what those weird things do?

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Page 322 of 385