Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 2:18 PM
Default Posing only legs/arms?
I've been experimenting with some poses, but I can't figure out how to make poseboxes that only pose arms/legs or one arm/leg.

Basically, I want it to work like one of these boxes, where only the arm/legs are posed and the rest of the body is free to do whatever:

http://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post/...ere-most-of-the
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=351524
http://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post/...adjusteroverlay

I've tried to only pose the legs, leaving the arms without any keys in Milkshape, but the result was a pose where the sim had their arms out.

I think it's got something to do with how the poses are exported and which settings to use in the BHAVs, but I've tried copying the settings from the above poseboxes to no avail. I also can't find a tutorial that explains how to do this, only how to do regular poses and animations.

Does it maybe have something to do with how the joints are set up in the animation pack? If so, do I have to export the poses again, or would it be enough to edit this in the animation file?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 4:34 PM
I think this video will answer your question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi9AxMwGwu8
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 8:36 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 31st Jul 2018 at 3:30 AM.
Do you know if there's a way to fix poses once they're made? Just wondering because I've got limited access to Milkshape at the moment...

EDIT: After 6 years of trying I finally managed to install Milkshape (I've tried a whole lot of times and it just wouldn't work after install).

Anyway, if I'm making legs-only poses where the root-rot or root-trans joints have been modified, is it enough to double-click the pelvis to mark everything below, and set the key for those? Looks like marking the root joints selects the entire skeleton except the Auskel joint.

Oh, and one more thing - is it possible to make teen poses? I know they really use the adult skeleton, and I've tried to make a teen base for the poses, but the poses still go lower/higher than they're supposed to.
Instructor
#4 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you know if there's a way to fix poses once they're made? Just wondering because I've got limited access to Milkshape at the moment...

i honestly don't know how to do that, but someone else here might know.

EDIT: After 6 years of trying I finally managed to install Milkshape (I've tried a whole lot of times and it just wouldn't work after install).

Anyway, if I'm making legs-only poses where the root-rot or root-trans joints have been modified, is it enough to double-click the pelvis to mark everything below, and set the key for those? Looks like marking the root joints selects the entire skeleton except the Auskel joint.

it might be. when you set the keyframe just be sure that all the joints that you wanted to be affected are highlighted in yellow. Not sure if i explained that right but i hope it made sense.

Oh, and one more thing - is it possible to make teen poses? I know they really use the adult skeleton, and I've tried to make a teen base for the poses, but the poses still go lower/higher than they're supposed to.

Yes, it is. You have to import a teen body mesh into milkshape and then go to the 'Joints' tab and click on c_hair and then click the 'comment' button and add NoAnim: to the comments and click ok

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 12:43 PM
I've made a teen base for the animations, that's not the problem - but the poses keep going lower and a little off from how I've made them, as if something is interfering. Something similar also happens to elders, where they get an extra hunch in the back, making their back/arms a little lower than for adults (I had to download a mod to straighten them up).

I think the normal teen animations are on the adult skeleton but with a skeleton scaled down to 0.94 (or some such) via the cres (?), but I'm not sure. Might be that this is interfering with the poses, though if that's the case I don't know how to fix it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 5:02 AM
So I got the pose to (kinda) work, in that the sim does go into the overlay pose and can use their upper body for other things - but only locking the pelvis and down didn't work, because the legs still jump around, instead of being locked to the floor. Any suggestions?