Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#76 Old 12th May 2017 at 1:37 PM
Are you sure your numbers are correct? Because when I set a putative 100 users, the one user that makes the 1% would have to spend $5,046 a month to make up for the 58% when the average spending is $87 a month. And the roughly $37 is the per capita rate for the remaining 99%, not $0.37.

I mean I heard that there are these "whales" in mobile gaming but the difference still strikes me as odd.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 12th May 2017 at 3:27 PM
All I can say is "yikes' that folks will spend so much on the apps. But that is why they are made. I hem and haw if I want to spend a buck or 2 to get past a level I am sick of doing over and over. I am not in a good mood when playing timed levels and especially ones where there is pretty much no way to get past it without perks. I have been trying to get one item I need in a game for months, but refuse to spend the 30 gems to buy it.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 12th May 2017 at 4:44 PM
Nah, I think I'll stick to FreeSO. Looks way better than this bobble headed waste.
Top Secret Researcher
#79 Old 12th May 2017 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WooHoo31
I would love to have a full Sims game on mobile/tablet so I can play it anywhere I go. Like this...

*sigh*

Now Sims 1 on a tablet I would play, thank you very much. That could be a lot of fun.
Alchemist
#80 Old 12th May 2017 at 9:30 PM
I'm just going to pretend I didn't see this
Forum Resident
#81 Old 13th May 2017 at 2:55 AM Last edited by Averex : 14th May 2017 at 10:00 PM.
Well, at least the graphics don't look like total horse shit *cough*Sims Freeplay*cough cough*

But that's honestly the only positive thing I can think of. I'm so sick of these dumbass "freemium" games that trick you into thinking they're free-to-play when they're really free-to-download and drain-your-wallet-to-play.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Theorist
#82 Old 13th May 2017 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
What does 'whale' mean in mobile gaming?

AFAIK "whales" are people who will buy everything associated with a game/ gaming franchised they have purchased, every expansion, every DLC, every little piece of bonus content etc. no matter if they are interested in a particular expansion/CLC/bonus content or not. (TBH I'd also categorize people who proudly declare they'll buy anything Sims related because it says "Sims" on the package, despite admitting that Sims 4 doesn't meet their standards)

Naturally gaming companies LOVE whales, because they know they don't have to actually try to create quality products for them, since the whales will suck it up and provide them with revenue. Which is why whales are bad for the rest of us, since they are enabling lazy and sub-par game design.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#83 Old 13th May 2017 at 9:30 AM
I'm a whale. I guess it means because we keep beaching ourselves and never learn.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#84 Old 13th May 2017 at 9:32 AM
Please don't.

Wouldn't you rather an incredibly deep and lasting experience compared to something that's kind of okay, and something to pass the time?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#85 Old 13th May 2017 at 9:45 AM
My self-image has just done a sea change. I am BAD for the rest of us

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#86 Old 13th May 2017 at 10:22 AM

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#87 Old 13th May 2017 at 10:38 AM Last edited by Don Babilon : 13th May 2017 at 11:05 AM.
Theorist
#88 Old 13th May 2017 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
My self-image has just done a sea change. I am BAD for the rest of us

Sorry I didn't mean to upset anybody
Scholar
#89 Old 13th May 2017 at 12:16 PM
Another shitty sims online game? Oh god, they never get learn a lesson, I guess....
Test Subject
#90 Old 14th May 2017 at 4:29 AM
A Free 2 Play The Sims is the stuff of nightmares.

I've been playing Kingdom Hearts Unchained (now Union Cross) for over a year now and if a company can get as horribly greedy with a flipping Kingdom Hearts game in the F2P format, than I don't even want to know what unspeakable horrors could happen with a game like The Sims, which EA has already been so bad about with on the PC.

"Need to refill your fridge?" *prompts you to spend an in-game currency that costs IRL money to get, of which the amount necessary to refill the fridge costs you more than a real life meal.*

That's only the first example that came to mind. It could get much, much worse than that. Especially since we're talking about EA and The Sims here. Oh, the horror.

(Of course they'll provide you with a little bit of that in-game currency for free... But only in very small amounts over a very long period of time.)

(EDIT: Why am I signed onto this account? Sorry, bassoon_crazy on my old Sims 2 Community account, which is the only account my laptop remembers for some reason.)
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 14th May 2017 at 1:52 PM
Test Subject
#92 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Just saw this. Your thoughts? A lot is like 4. There are things 4 does not have. Staff is being moved around and there are new hires for 4. Is this just an app rip-off of 4? Needed? Confirmation that 4 really was to be an app??? LOL

https://simsvip.com/2017/05/09/maxi...es-sims-mobile/source/

Its from EA and every mobile game from EA is essentially a pay to win money cow where you have to spend around 200$ every month to stay on top.

Like without failure they turn every one of their games into a hack job like that.
Instructor
#93 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 7:00 PM
Redeeming the Free Early Bird Content on The Sims Mobile.

https://simsvip.com/2018/03/09/how-...he-sims-mobile/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#94 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
All I can say is "yikes' that folks will spend so much on the apps. But that is why they are made. I hem and haw if I want to spend a buck or 2 to get past a level I am sick of doing over and over. I am not in a good mood when playing timed levels and especially ones where there is pretty much no way to get past it without perks. I have been trying to get one item I need in a game for months, but refuse to spend the 30 gems to buy it.

re: May 2017 post: And I still do not have it and still will not spend to get it! LOL

I will download the app and look at it, then probably delete it 5 minutes later.
Test Subject
#95 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:48 AM
I could never get into freeplay because I already play a TON of mobile games and it was to needy of a game for my brief work breaks.

IN WAR, PRAY OVER THE DEAD AND RIDE ON, FOR THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER FIGHT ON THE HORIZON.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#96 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 6:40 AM
I downloaded it and some other sim like game but cannot try them as do not have internet on my ipad. Next time at McD will look at them, and then probably delete.
Instructor
#97 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 12:05 PM
I played it for a fair amount of time. Didn't like it. It was very repetitive and there's nothing much you can do in the game. The game is very lazily made - not much animations and some make no sense for what you selected, the TV doesn't even turn on, Sims don't have any needs, etc. When I was playing the restaurant job, you could serve tables without Sims, and so on. If you expect a Sims on a phone, don't.

I don't like Freeplay but it is more Sims-like, apart from actions taking forever. Anyway, It's now deleted from my phone. I mean, I imagine with time they will add stuff to do but I couldn't justify keeping it. It was too boring.
Theorist
#98 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 101ita
I played it for a fair amount of time. Didn't like it. It was very repetitive and there's nothing much you can do in the game. The game is very lazily made - not much animations and some make no sense for what you selected, the TV doesn't even turn on, Sims don't have any needs, etc. When I was playing the restaurant job, you could serve tables without Sims, and so on. If you expect a Sims on a phone, don't.

I don't like Freeplay but it is more Sims-like, apart from actions taking forever. Anyway, It's now deleted from my phone. I mean, I imagine with time they will add stuff to do but I couldn't justify keeping it. It was too boring.

So basically it's Farmville, Sims edition. Nice. GJ EA, you killed your own extremely successful AAA game franchise trying to turn it into a mediocre mobile game...

I hope you're all fucking proud of your "vision"
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#99 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 6:47 AM
Fired up this and Avakin or whatever at Taco Bell today. I probably spent a whole 5 minutes at the most on both of them before deleting them. All I could think of was this is why I play Sims on my PC.
Page 4 of 4