Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#12376 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 12:41 PM
I don't think any of the larger household mods is able to create bigger families in CAS. It's a hard limit, same as the one where Sims teen and under are required to have a parent. I prefer BoilingOil's myself, though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#12377 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 12:51 PM
With GunMod's Radiance Lighting, is there anything I can do to stop the objects turning dark in upper-level rooms? This keeps happening and it's incredibly annoying.
Mad Poster
#12378 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 2:03 PM
Thanks, @maxon, I will not worry Just wondering if I could find a RL townie to come and fix my broken stuff now...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12379 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Thanks, @maxon, I will not worry Just wondering if I could find a RL townie to come and fix my broken stuff now...

Wouldn't that be a boon?
Quote: Originally posted by TuxxedoCat
With GunMod's Radiance Lighting, is there anything I can do to stop the objects turning dark in upper-level rooms? This keeps happening and it's incredibly annoying.

You mean when you change things or build - because that's not the mod, it's native game behaviour (which I agree is annoying) but it's made more obvious by the mod itself because of the way it changes how light is displayed.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#12380 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You mean when you change things or build - because that's not the mod, it's native game behaviour (which I agree is annoying) but it's made more obvious by the mod itself because of the way it changes how light is displayed.

No, in live mode. Basically when I go page-down a floor and then page-up again, sometimes the lights "emit" light but only light up the walls and floor, and all the objects (including the light itself) appear dark. This only happens on the uppermost level of a house.
To fix it, I have to go into buy mode and pick up the lamp and then put it down again, but it is incredibly annoying - to the point that I'm considering taking out the Radiance Lighting.
Alchemist
#12381 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:27 PM
universal characters.
what should be the respective "NPC Type" of each when their Character Description resource is generated?
Mad Poster
#12382 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:29 PM
Universal. (?)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#12383 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:33 PM
universal means npcs such as the grim reaper or the pollination technician etc

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Inventor
#12384 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:38 PM
@TuxxedoCat We had a thread that discussed that problem in case you're interested, but no one else has a permanent fix for it so far.
Theorist
#12385 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:53 PM
I translated a career in French, chance cards included. It's this one
One of the chance card just showed up but it's not the one I translated.
It seems I did something wrong but I don't know how and if I can fix it?
Any idea? Thanks in advance.
Lab Assistant
#12386 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
@TuxxedoCat We had a thread that discussed that problem in case you're interested, but no one else has a permanent fix for it so far.

I see. Oh well, guess I'll have to live with it
Inventor
#12387 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Just wondering if I could find a RL townie to come and fix my broken stuff now...

Please - the electrical system in our building has been on the fritz for years. If only your townie could come over and fix this, preferably for free, but we have some rice cakes.
Quote: Originally posted by TuxxedoCat
I see. Oh well, guess I'll have to live with it

Yes, I'm afraid so, unless someone can magically fix this too.
Mad Poster
#12388 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:19 PM
The apartment I'm living in now has constant lightbulb flickering. I'm scared that a brownout will end up frying my computer even though I have a surge protector.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12389 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:33 PM
Nah, don't worry, you just have ghosts.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12390 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I translated a career in French, chance cards included. It's this one
One of the chance card just showed up but it's not the one I translated.
It seems I did something wrong but I don't know how and if I can fix it?
Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Where did you put the translation in the file (in the TXT lists)? Was it in the French section or did you make a translation of the whole career and the file you have is meant to be in French first. Ah - how to explain? @Essa

How are you editing the file - directly (thus editing the TXT lists) or using Bidou's career creator plug in? And what language is your game normally installed in?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#12391 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:05 PM
I had to uninstall/reinstall yesterday, and in doing everything I redownloaded the Kim and Kat households from Tarlia...forgetting I guess that I already placed them down in my hood. I'm not going to place them again so they are just there in the bin....they aren't hurting anything are they?

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#12392 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I had to uninstall/reinstall yesterday, and in doing everything I redownloaded the Kim and Kat households from Tarlia...forgetting I guess that I already placed them down in my hood. I'm not going to place them again so they are just there in the bin....they aren't hurting anything are they?

Not a thing. If they're in their original lot in the lot bin, then they haven't touched any neighborhoods; if they're in your family bin, then they are completely separate sims from their counterparts, with different ID numbers.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#12393 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Not a thing. If they're in their original lot in the lot bin, then they haven't touched any neighborhoods; if they're in your family bin, then they are completely separate sims from their counterparts, with different ID numbers.

Thank you So that means if I were to place them they'd basically have clones and it'd be ok? I don't need or want clones of them just an interesting thought

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#12394 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
When a neighborhood fully corrupts, meaning it disappears from the neighborhood select screen entirely, has there been any known ways to bring it back? It has never happened to me, and I don't think it ever will (since I play neighborhoods for a very short time usually; I refresh the neighborhoods a LOT!) but I was just wondering if anybody's looked into it.

Mootilda built a sim retriever which may or may not be able to retrieve some character data. That's the only thing I know of.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#12395 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:30 AM
I haven't played much with witches before. So I have a question about how the Extractum Amorus spell normally works.

I have a sim, Logan, who casts this spell on another sim, Ethel. They both are in love with each other but Ethel is married to a different sim. Logan wants to break them up so he can marry Ethel.

But what happens when he casts the spell is, they slap one another and become enemies and furious with each other, and she is still married to her husband.

Did the spell misfire and break up Ethel and Logan? Is this expected behavior or is it possible a mod is messing things up?
Mad Poster
#12396 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:38 AM
I have a single lot that's gone crashy on me. Would restoring just that lot from the most recent backup work?

Mad Poster
#12397 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:46 AM
I did that once, ihatemandatoryregister, but gummilutt said it was unsafe. I'm not sure why -- I would think any Sim references would be valid, since they must be to Sims in that 'hood.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12398 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:54 AM
Do you have a link to the post about it?

Mad Poster
#12399 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:17 AM
If I did I don't remember it, nor why I would have said that. Memory is not great lately. It's not something I would personally risk trying, but then I am overly careful and would rather do things the long tedious way than take any chances with my beloved hood. Perhaps there is some old post by Mootilda lying around somewhere with an answer? I know she tried to help people fix broken hoods and lots, if replacing individual lot packages was safe or unsafe I imagine she would have mentioned it at some point, in some discussion.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#12400 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:21 AM
http://www1.modthesims.info/m/print...page=211&pp=100

I found the post - looks like Andrew's method is a bit different from what I was intending (to restore the actual lot file from backup, rather than use the Stay-Thing Shrub to drop it into the lot bin). I'm going to give it a try anyways - pulling a backup now.

Page 496 of 1347