Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6926 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 9:46 PM
I left in my tourists and wish I hadn't-there are far too many of them! They turn up at my mainland stores and clog up Phae's phone book and main land sims end up knowing them when that should not be easy to do at all. If I wasn't such a huge softie I would go on a killing spree. *grumble*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6927 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
After another insomniac night, something I thought of: When a Sim is sleeping in a cheaper bed, for their comfort level to actually plateau out after a while (how quickly depending on the comfort level) than to keep gradually increasing - because if you send your Sim to bed at a anything earlier than 2 in the morning, it rarely matters which bed you pick, as they'll wake up with completely full comfort and energy meters. And you're not going to wake up with a completely full Comfort meter after spending the night with mattress springs poking into your back.

What I mean is that if you send your Sim to bed with a fully depleted Comfort level, a bed with lower comfort might only be able to increase it to a certain amount before it stops. But the nicer beds with a higher comfort will fill the motive more.

My back hurts.

I have one of those memory foam beds. I can't tell you how much I praise the day we bought it.

<sympathy>

Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I thought the tourists were in the Exotic Destinations hood or whatever it was - same one as the Travelers. Weird. Or do you only have to worry about not getting tourists if you make custom vacation destinations?

Edit: It seems these tourists DO come with Exotic Destinations - at least according to the wiki.

They're all separated out into different folders - all the townies and NPCs are. Tourists get made on hood creation, vacation locals get made when you install a BV sub-hood into your neighbourhood. What's happening is the game is just copying folders.

I know this for sure because I tested it and poked at it with SimPE - many times. I can show you my working if you like.

If the wiki says otherwise, it's wrong. Isn't the first time either.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6928 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 10:57 PM
I don't understand why the Wiki is wrong? The tourists and locals do come with BV - they are always the exact same Sims? After I sent most of those teens to Uni at least three times, I am sure they are who they are I actually put them back once in order to send them to Uni again.

Jo - I hope they buy from the owned businesses
Mad Poster
#6929 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Empty templates mean that you empty everything, like with Jawusa's empty templates (I helped to test those). So you replace all 4 the sub-hoods with empty hoods.

But if you just empty the subhoods; also by Jawusa, here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=52075;
the bin sims will be gone, but not the normal townies. Normal townies are found in the main hood.
The social AL townies will be gone because they are in the same sub hood than the AL bin sims.
The Travellers will be gone but not the tourists, if you only replace the V001 subhood. Remember that BV does not have a main hood, so the other 3 sub hoods have the tourists and locals for the 3 destinations.

The tourists should still be there if you make a custom vacation as far as I know - I think if you don't want them, you will have to empty all three.
You can empty everything else and still have the tourists.

Interesting... will hafta have a look at this with SimPE. Still a bit confused.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6930 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I don't understand why the Wiki is wrong? The tourists and locals do come with BV - they are always the exact same Sims? After I sent most of those teens to Uni at least three times, I am sure they are who they are I actually put them back once in order to send them to Uni again.

Yes, they come with BV but they are created at different points and from different sources (folders). JDacapo was saying they were in the same folder - they aren't.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6931 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 6:30 AM
I don't think I said they were in the same folder - I was saying I wanted the stealth hood without the Travelers but with the tourists.
Forum Resident
#6932 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 8:02 AM
Both the Travellers and the tourists are in V001 (Exotic Destinations) and are added when a neighbourhood is created; I don't think I've ever seen a version without the Travellers but with the tourists. Tarlia's template has the Travellers and no tourists, and Jawusa's is completely empty.

If you want the tourists, I'd use the Maxis version of V001 and then either place the Travellers onto an empty lot and ignore them, turn them into townies, or have them provide ghosts for a town cemetery.

The vacation locals are in the templates for each vacation 'hood and are added when the vacation destinations are added (A001, M001, T001).
Mad Poster
#6933 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 8:33 AM
Or you could turn the Travellers into tourists themselves!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6934 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 8:35 AM Last edited by JDacapo : 22nd Nov 2017 at 9:08 AM.
Maybe... though I might just go ahead and make my own Tourists with the randomizer. Heck, I wonder how easy it would be to customize Exotic Destinations...

Edit:
Whoa. I looked at the default Exotic Locations - it looks like a total mess. Lots of relationships between known and unknown sims, and there seem to be two unknown sims in the Traveler family. WTF is up with that? Or is it just the one on my computer? I think Exotic Locations may be all kinds of wonky - just like the hoods that come with the base game.
Mad Poster
#6935 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 10:03 AM
Which is why empty templates are very good for those locations. They only generate those that are needed, not the whole shootin' match of Maxis mess..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6936 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 10:20 AM
In the unfixed versions of the uni subhoods, some Sims are being flagged as in love with another Sim they've never met before (and it's non-reciprocal too). How they managed to do that I'm not sure.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#6937 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
In the unfixed versions of the uni subhoods, some Sims are being flagged as in love with another Sim they've never met before (and it's non-reciprocal too). How they managed to do that I'm not sure.

Like Stella Terrano, but it's not as bad as Frances J. Worthington III being Jasmine Rai's father.
Mad Poster
#6938 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 1:46 PM
How the hell do you mess that up?

Top Secret Researcher
#6939 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 2:00 PM
I'd like some tall indoor trash cans. Like a proper kitchen garbage can, or the kind you'd find in a school.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
just a girl
#6940 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 5:52 PM Last edited by Lamare : 27th Nov 2017 at 12:36 AM.
It was suggested more than once in this thread that sims shouldn't drop newspaper if their next interaction is with the same paper. I've made the mod that lets sims hold the paper between actions. And the same for the phone handset that sims used to put back on base station after every call. As a bonus, cell phone interactions don't disappear on sims, if they are already talking, so we can queue up next call (bugged me as hell).
Mad Poster
#6941 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 10:38 PM
just a girl
#6942 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 6:45 PM
@gummilutt, you have exceeded your PM limit, so let me thank you for testing here in short :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#6943 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 6:59 PM
Oh sorry! Thanks for letting me know you got the PM Stupid PM limit argh *goes to clean for what feels like the fiftieth time this year*

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#6944 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:47 PM
I hate it when Sims finish drinking juice from the Fruit Punch Barrel they throw the cups all over the floor, instead of putting them in a trash can. When the cups are placed on the floor only the active Sim(s) can pick them up (not even the maid) and they have to discard them one by one. I think this is absurd which is why I don't like using it. It would be nice if the cups just disappeared after the Sim finished drinking their punch.
Mad Poster
#6945 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 12:55 AM
A grid for placement of neighborhood decorations (probably about 1/4 a neighborhood tile would be good). It's a real pain to line things up perfectly when they don't snap to anything the way objects on a lot do...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#6946 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 7:59 AM
I'm always forgetting to give my sims their Freetime perks. It would be nice to have some kind of reminder when when they earn one. OFB notifies me when my business owner earns a new perk. Why can't Freetime do that too?
Field Researcher
#6947 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
A grid for placement of neighborhood decorations (probably about 1/4 a neighborhood tile would be good). It's a real pain to line things up perfectly when they don't snap to anything the way objects on a lot do...

Criquette has a grid terrain replacement. Here
Mad Poster
#6948 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I'm always forgetting to give my sims their Freetime perks. It would be nice to have some kind of reminder when when they earn one. OFB notifies me when my business owner earns a new perk. Why can't Freetime do that too?

ahem...they get perks in freetime???

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Inventor
#6949 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 3:20 PM
I'm sorry if I'm getting this wrong and the change is so minuscule that I can't see it, but I think backrubs don't increase the comfort motive. I would've thought it would, so it'd be nice to see.

Well, this might be kind of silly, but maybe the change is dependent on learning Physiology or the sim's body skill; the better the body skill of the masseuse, the higher the increase in comfort. Maybe it could also take relationship into account (I don't know, shouldn't it be more relaxing with someone you're comfortable with?). I know it doesn't make much sense but I'm not sure what other traits in-game would work. TS2 doesn't have a massage or wellness skill, so I'm going for reflexology or physiotherapy skills under either Physiology or body.

I find it odd for sims to not gain any actual comfort from backrubs, especially for pregnant sims.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6950 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 8:42 PM
@Zarathustra aUserName above found a grid.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 278 of 582