Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6951 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
ahem...they get perks in freetime???

Well they're officially called Lifetime Aspiration Benefits or Points or something, but they work similarly to the OFB business perks. I keep forgetting to assign my sims their points because the game never tells me when they've earned them. I have to remember to check after major life events and I just don't remember to do that. I consider it a major accomplishment just remembering to save the game after major life events.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6952 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:00 PM
It does glow when they have points to spend. I normally check after any large want fill, but it has also been known to reset and take them all away.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6953 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I'm sorry if I'm getting this wrong and the change is so minuscule that I can't see it, but I think backrubs don't increase the comfort motive. I would've thought it would, so it'd be nice to see.

Well, this might be kind of silly, but maybe the change is dependent on learning Physiology or the sim's body skill; the better the body skill of the masseuse, the higher the increase in comfort. Maybe it could also take relationship into account (I don't know, shouldn't it be more relaxing with someone you're comfortable with?). I know it doesn't make much sense but I'm not sure what other traits in-game would work. TS2 doesn't have a massage or wellness skill, so I'm going for reflexology or physiotherapy skills under either Physiology or body.

I find it odd for sims to not gain any actual comfort from backrubs, especially for pregnant sims.

Lol, why do I always misread "physiology" as "psychology"...argghh. My stupid brain (ain't that ironic) misinterprets and takes that life skill as such due to poor misreading, so I get a thought like "oh, you have a want to learn psychology? *directs the sim to study it* Off you go then...". Well, ain't I suffer from dyslexia now?
Mad Poster
#6954 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:48 PM
Well, this might be kind of silly, but maybe the change is dependent on learning Physiology or the sim's body skill; the better the body skill of the masseuse, the higher the increase in comfort. Maybe it could also take relationship into account (I don't know, shouldn't it be more relaxing with someone you're comfortable with?). I know it doesn't make much sense but I'm not sure what other traits in-game would work. TS2 doesn't have a massage or wellness skill, so I'm going for reflexology or physiotherapy skills under either Physiology or body.

Maybe also if it was based on mechanical skill? Since the sim is good with their hands?

Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
I want to see more audio-related mods. Maybe make a stereo which has no stations initially, and make buyable CD albums which unlock each station in the game (Salsa, Techno, etc..). Obviously if you went out to WalMart and bought a stereo it wouldn't come with a ton of songs built into it.

I always assumed the music was from radio stations.
Alchemist
#6955 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:52 PM
sims be able to "Work Out" anywhere if they have a MP3 player.
Mad Poster
#6956 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:12 AM
I'm sorry if I'm getting this wrong and the change is so minuscule that I can't see it, but I think backrubs don't increase the comfort motive. I would've thought it would, so it'd be nice to see.

I find it odd for sims to not gain any actual comfort from backrubs, especially for pregnant sims.

That is weird. Although maybe there is a massage skill? There are the massage tables. I want the romantic hit taken out too.
Mad Poster
#6957 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:13 AM
I wouldn't mind having "throw food" turned into a platonic thing.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6958 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I wouldn't mind having "throw food" turned into a platonic thing.

I'm working on a couple of interactions I want made non-romantic, and that is one of them. They no longer provoke romance, but still trigger jealousy and I haven't been in the mood to figure that out yet. But sometime in a hopefully not too far off future I will share it

Not going to do back rubs because those feel romantic to me, but people can always study what I did with the others and apply it to back rub interaction.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#6959 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It does glow when they have points to spend. I normally check after any large want fill, but it has also been known to reset and take them all away.

Yes, but in order to see that, I have to remember to open the rewards panel. When a business owner earns an OFB perk, an info box pops up in my face. I can't miss seeing that!
Mad Poster
#6960 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 9:13 AM
Keychain pets. They beep periodically during the day - so they would be quite an inconvenience for vampires. The pet would be an inventory item and it would add special self-interactions like feeding meals and snacks, playing, cleaning poop, checking on pet, and scolding if it misbehaves. Little message boxes could show in ascii art what the pet looks like and how it evolves or something like that. I don't know why Sims 2 Pets didn't have any references to the good ol' Tamagotchi that started the craze.
Test Subject
#6961 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 1:53 PM
Wants for other sims instead of the sim themself, such as "X gets into the culinary career", "Y has a baby", etc.
Inventor
#6962 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:59 PM
I don't suppose it's possible to have bienchen83's animated rodents and lizards and Sun & Moon's animals as free-range pets and strays (yes, I want roaming dragons and rabbits visiting my households). It also would've been nice to have wormrats and birds run around without confining them to a cage (wistful stare).

Well, technically, the bird can be let out of the cage but it can't do much otherwise. At least BO's Moody Birds is good for some laughs.
Mad Poster
#6963 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 11:43 PM
First or one of the things I'll do when coding, I wanna really change up Pescado's customer selector to be an interaction as in the pie menu of a tilt/computer/ticketmachine/sign instead of having to hide that ugly gray box to who knows where.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6964 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 11:58 PM
Well if you do mod it make it easier to use.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6965 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 12:05 AM
@lamare I would like to test the cellphone and newspaper things please : )
Mad Poster
#6966 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 12:12 AM
@gdayars It's a thing already: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=603642
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6967 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 12:30 AM
Thank you! This is what happens when you are out sick with a cold :P
Instructor
#6968 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 8:20 AM
I just thought of one. I don't think such a thing exists already, but I'd love a mod that made it so that repair people can spawn as adults instead of just elders (in the same way that professors can spawn as adults and elders). I personally don't get EAxis' logic in making them elders only.
Theorist
#6969 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 8:40 AM
I was sorta wishin that items in game would age and eventually break so as to needin to be replaced. Then I was thinkin that well while they may not break they do depreciate in value. The only way to know though is to check items individually by goin into buy mode to sell it. I think it'd be handy to have a mod that you could either look at or maybe be notified that X item(s) to know that the item has fully depreciated ... or some such like that. Not sure I explained it all that welll ... :/

Point bein .. a mod that would somehow allow items to be deemed broken and needin to be replaced.
Mad Poster
#6970 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 8:42 AM
I guess they based them off a stereotype. Many repairman from my irl experence happen to be quite eldery people.

@joandsarah77 depending what you mean by easy.
Inventor
#6971 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 8:44 AM Last edited by Sketching : 27th Nov 2017 at 9:13 AM. Reason: fixed link
Quote: Originally posted by @Amalia81
I just thought of one. I don't think such a thing exists already, but I'd love a mod that made it so that repair people can spawn as adults instead of just elders (in the same way that professors can spawn as adults and elders). I personally don't get EAxis' logic in making them elders only.

Chris Hatch at BAS had mods to restrict all spawned NPCs and townies to various genders with versions for no elders. I haven't signed in on there for a while, so I don't know if they're still there. I'll attach it for you just in case since the site will be closing down anyway. The descriptions are in the folder.
Instructor
#6972 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 10:46 AM
Chris Hatch at BAS had mods to restrict all spawned NPCs and townies to various genders with versions for no elders. I haven't signed in on there for a while, so I don't know if they're still there. I'll attach it for you just in case since the site will be closing down anyway. The descriptions are in the folder.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for! I'm not familiar with Chris Hatch's mods so I didn't even know that was a thing.
Test Subject
#6973 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 5:42 PM
Oh, I know of another one that'd really make the game more immersive : longer days in summer and longer nights in winter.

I seem to remember mods that changed the day/night ratio, but I can't find them anymore. Any way, they did not change according to seasons.
Mad Poster
#6974 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
I'd love to see someone port the "sunrise" and "sunset" features from GunMod to the Maxis lighting system.

You can do that yourself, it's easy. You just edit the lighting file and add the sunset/sunrise parts to your maxis file. Compare your file to gunmods (or spooky's, or whatever mod that has sunrise/sunset) and see where the sunset/sunrise stuff is in relation to other parts, and just copy over the information to the same place in your maxis one. backup first, of course

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#6975 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Point bein .. a mod that would somehow allow items to be deemed broken and needin to be replaced.

They can already be broken by untrained pets, so at least there's already a broken state to work with.
Page 279 of 576