Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Replies: 17 (Who?), Viewed: 673 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 2:05 AM
Default WCIF - Mod to let witches walk to lot
I don't mind that witches are able to fly, but getting on the broom when they should just walk next door with the other mortals is in the "it was cute the first time" category. Any mod to stop the witch ONLY being able to fly to lot. Can I have back my nice dignified walk?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
I don't mind that witches are able to fly, but getting on the broom when they should just walk next door with the other mortals is in the "it was cute the first time" category. Any mod to stop the witch ONLY being able to fly to lot. Can I have back my nice dignified walk?


*bump*
I guess there's not a mod to make witches be able to walk again? Any suggestions for work around? Or would it make sense for me to learn more about editing menus, to put it back on along with fly to lot, maybe?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 12:06 AM
I am all for learning new things, and regarding sims modding & creation, it is even more so! I would suggest you try modding it...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
I am all for learning new things, and regarding sims modding & creation, it is even more so! I would suggest you try modding it...


I've only looked into TTAB mods a bit. I wouldn't mind working on learning more, but I'd kinda like to know if it makes any sense to try. I really don't know enough to know if it does or not. It seems like it might.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:18 AM
This is what I think too. But I am no modder. The Walk To Lot interaction could be altered for witches only. Maybe just a flag to remove ?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 9:29 PM
Maybe buying a 'Walk to Lot' sign would help?

All the hoods are merely the same, so I made ones where all the Sims aren't straight.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 10:18 PM
creature specific settings I think would be controlled through BHAVs rather than through TTAB. though the TTAB could tell which BHAV to edit; usually the "Guardian" BHAV.
there are tutorials for editing both. this site's wiki; also Sim Resource's wiki.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 12:30 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 14th Feb 2018 at 1:23 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759
creature specific settings I think would be controlled through BHAVs rather than through TTAB. though the TTAB could tell which BHAV to edit; usually the "Guardian" BHAV.
there are tutorials for editing both. this site's wiki; also Sim Resource's wiki.


Thank you, I will look into this, though it may be above my pay grade. @mdsb759, would you mind linking to the tutorials you think would be most useful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyoffailures
Maybe buying a 'Walk to Lot' sign would help?


@legacyoffailures Oooo, promising! I didn't know about this. Thanks! I'll try that.

UPDATE: Sadly, buying the sign did not work. If my witch is active and I click the sign, he still only has the option of flying. Sigh.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:15 PM


Thank you, that's a good start. Some of them I have read. That's how I understood the TTAB and whatnot. I need one really basic piece of info, though. In most of these, they are talking about modifying an object, which I've dabbled in, but, and I know this may be dumb, but for the "Walk to Lot" menu on the Sim, what is it? What "object" do I need to look into editing to edit the Sim menu itself?
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#11 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:28 PM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
The thing to edit would be the BHAV - Walk To.... One is home one is community, both have a flag to check if sim is witch and then it changed dialog to Fly To...


Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:29 PM
I'm bringing back this thread because I'm revisiting the issue and going to try to mod it, but I need help finding the BHAV - Walk to... How do I access it? Where is it stored?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:34 PM
I think, you'd need to import it from semi global. But HugeLunatic is way better than me at this!
So...maybe go read about how to import semi global?...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th May 2018 at 4:56 PM
In objects.package:
BVAV 0x05EA Interaction - Walk To - Community Lot TEST
and
BHAV 0x05EC Interaction - Walk To - Home TEST
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th May 2018 at 6:02 PM
Do I just open objects.package as I would open a custom one, or do I load it in Object Workshop and find it in there somehow?
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 17th May 2018 at 7:12 PM
You just click on it like you'd open a custom one, find the lines you are looking for and right click and hit extract, then put them in a new package. You probably know this, but just to be safe - don't make any changes to the objects.package file.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:47 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 1st Jun 2018 at 1:17 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
You just click on it like you'd open a custom one, find the lines you are looking for and right click and hit extract, then put them in a new package. You probably know this, but just to be safe - don't make any changes to the objects.package file.


Thank you! Yes, but good reminder.

EDIT:

I tried, I pulled out those BHAVs, but I still don't see anywhere in those to change a flag regarding witches.
Back to top