Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#7751 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:34 PM
Something that fixes this little problem:

That's awkward.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#7752 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 7:42 PM
A way for my sim guests to actually sit in the front row of a wedding. They always choose the seats way in the back away from the arch!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#7753 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 11:56 PM
Just have one or two rows of seats. Then they have no choice.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7754 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 12:26 AM
You can also use moveobjects to put them in the proper seats. I've done it a few times, although if a chair is pulled out from a table it might glitch and get stuck.

Since I have the mod that makes fridges start out empty, a way to transfer the food points over to a new one.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7755 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 12:48 AM
Enter moveobjects on and pick them up and put them on the front row. They adjust fine to being moved once they sit down.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#7756 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
A way for my sim guests to actually sit in the front row of a wedding. They always choose the seats way in the back away from the arch!

Not a hack, but you can do this by making the guests selectable using testing cheats. Have them sit in the correct chairs, then have the couple select Get Married on the wedding arch. The guests should have "Sit" in their queue, then "Watch". If you cancel the Sit action, they will will stay in their seat and watch the ceremony. Occasionally, a few may stand up to move, but then you can just direct them to sit again.

I'm a little more picky about this because I take wedding pictures of my sims, so I want precise seating arrangements. In this pic, I had his family on his side, hers on her side. They all stayed in the correct seats and applauded at the end, as you can see.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#7757 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 11:09 PM
I could really do with a mod which enables a random chance of parents kicking their teens out if their relationship is terrible, they have abysmal grades and are lazy rebelds. Not because I want my teen sims to suffer, but because is something I see more often than runaways. Do not peg me as heartless. It just makes more sense to me.
Mad Poster
#7758 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 11:42 PM
Plus the teen would still be playable, not just appear at community lots until they magically make up with their parents to age up.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#7759 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 7:08 PM
I would want this fireplace revamped into an object where you can burn trash, as an alternative to the regular trashcan. I know it's not the most environmental thing to do, but the sims doesn't know that.

I got the idea since I think the fireplace resembles the old backyard incinerators that were popular in Los Angeles until their ban in 1957.
Forum Resident
#7760 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 8:00 PM
I want a mod where my playable police officer will show up on another lot if they're visited by a burglar. I have a local cop! Why does a random townie show up?!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#7761 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 9:44 PM
You could always modify the random townie to look like your playable and change their name, although that's not perfect and might get confusing.

Mad Poster
#7762 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
You could always modify the random townie to look like your playable and change their name, although that's not perfect and might get confusing.

I've done that, for story purposes. One of my households kept getting burglared, and her fiancé is the chief of police. She was pregnant by him at the moment too, so it seemed mad that he wouldn't get involved himself. So I copied his appearance over to the NPC, and made it look like he took the night shift to catch the criminal and put a stop to it. Made for a great story, and provided me with the perfect reason to move him in

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
#7763 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 11:12 PM
A mod that makes the burglar less frequent. I still want them to come around occasionally, but with as many households I have currently a burglar shows up like 1-2 times each rotation, and that's a bit often :-/

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#7764 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
I would want this fireplace revamped into an object where you can burn trash, as an alternative to the regular trashcan. I know it's not the most environmental thing to do, but the sims doesn't know that.

I got the idea since I think the fireplace resembles the old backyard incinerators that were popular in Los Angeles until their ban in 1957.

You could burn a corpse in that "fireplace" too, in order to get rid of the evidences ... *Devil* :D

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Inventor
#7765 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 5:02 PM
I wish there was a mod for all of the ceiling fans to act like a regular light source if that makes sense. I found it really annoying that whenever I added a ceiling fan I had to put in a light source (ceiling light, lamp, wall scone) in the same room. I've found one ceiling fan with a light but it was from 2006, before Mansion Garden Stuff came out. It doesn't make sense to me that EA made them like that .
Top Secret Researcher
#7766 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I wish there was a mod for all of the ceiling fans to act like a regular light source if that makes sense. I found it really annoying that whenever I added a ceiling fan I had to put in a light source (ceiling light, lamp, wall scone) in the same room. I've found one ceiling fan with a light but it was from 2006, before Mansion Garden Stuff came out. It doesn't make sense to me that EA made them like that .

Agreed. I was so certain they were lights that I looked for them under lights (I don't use ceiling fans much, forgetting about them). So they were before M & G?
Inventor
#7767 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Agreed. I was so certain they were lights that I looked for them under lights (I don't use ceiling fans much, forgetting about them). So they were before M & G?

From what I saw here (haven't gone to TSR to see if there were some available), people were making them 2-3 years before M&G actually came out if that's what you're asking. They were animated but nothing much else, and the one I found with a light only came with one base color .
Top Secret Researcher
#7768 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 10:52 PM
So weird - why did I think ceiling fans were under lights? Not in Sims 1 by any chance?
Inventor
#7769 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
So weird - why did I think ceiling fans were under lights? Not in Sims 1 by any chance?

I never got a chance to play the Sims 1 (not on PC at least) but that's the weirdest part. They would be under the 'misc' tab in Decorations IIRC. Either way they weren't under the Lights tab, and it always tripped me up whenever I /wanted/ to put one in my sims' house, I had to scroll through all the other stuff to get one :\
Alchemist
#7770 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 12:09 AM
I'd like a neighborhood sky that automatically changes daily, like this: http://modthesims.info/d/187229 Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible, though.
Mad Poster
#7771 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah

===
I have that - in various colors; it DOES burn trash. Didn't realize it was not Maxis. Have you googled for it?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#7772 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 3:30 AM
Cluelessponyta asked about what career tracks needed a college degree in the Help section today. This made me want a hack that would make more career tracks only available if a sim attended UNI. As the wiki says :
UNI adds four new career paths that can only be entered by college graduates, though the choice of which careers require degrees seems a bit odd. (Apparently, Sims don't require a degree to be a doctor, but they need one to go into show business).
There's truth in this.
Maybe there is already a mod that does that, but I never heard of it. The way sims get jobs in the game never made any sense. Always was way too easy. I'd like this to change.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#7773 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
This made me want a hack that would make more career tracks only available if a sim attended UNI.

You can do that; there's mods that change degree requirements for careers and you can edit those to your liking.
Phaenoh's Uni Major Revamp- Realistic Major to Career Linking is right here on MTS and
syberspunk's Uni Careers Hack at MATY allows you to link specific degrees to careers.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7774 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 4:17 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 21st Mar 2018 at 5:01 AM.
Oh, ok. I already have Phaenoh's Revamp major.
Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#7775 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 5:04 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 7th Feb 2019 at 3:59 AM. Reason: For the posterity of simmers!
No problem Rosebine! And wow, always read the full page before you post, :

@Orphalesion, I haven't found a less burglar mod, but if you want to ban the burglar altogether, there's some mods mentioned in this thread. Also, I suppose the visitor controller would be able to ban the burglar; users of that can confirm. (It does not. ) Otherwise, I would suggest making sure someone in the household is awake at night, around midnight to 4 or 5 am. In the vanilla game, the burglar doesn't show up if at least one person is awake when the game runs that routine.

@Primavera, I haven't found a ceiling fan with a light either, but what you can do is put an invisible light where your ceiling fan is. Nixed Sims has some.

@grammapat, I don't know where you got your fireplace from; my search terms must be all off, cuz I can't find a thing! I even used the wayback machine to take a look at simslice's hobo set and still nothing. @Prah, the closest thing I could find was Numenor's Fully animated multi-purpose Coal Stove.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 311 of 576