Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#376 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 1:38 AM
IDK how to copy and paste in simPe. It wont show the little menu when I right click. It also has no paste button in any of the menu's. How do I paste cuz I don't want to have to re-write all of my chance cards and descriptions. HELP!

MATHGIRLKY CREATIONS
Advertisement
Test Subject
#377 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emma_Barrett
i'd say fairly modern version of simpe, i have the latest one. the 2nd text lists file will be empty as you need to add your content

HELP!

MATHGIRLKY CREATIONS
Test Subject
#378 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 11:55 AM
i need help i have a new version of sim PE and i managed to write all the job levels and descriptions but i cant figure out where to write the chance cards... I have looked at the diagrams but my version of sim PE is different... I really want to try and make a career and I would REALLY appriciate it if someone could help me.
Thanks
xxx
Test Subject
#379 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 2:06 AM
Does anyone ever look at this anymore? I hope they do.

Anyway, I have a career I'm working on; and my issue is this--The chance cards work fine; the sims can get into the career; but when it's time for work, the carpool doesn't come. If I send the sim off to work through the "walk to work" option, the Sim never returns from work. The hours are also not the ones I entered. Does anyone know where my problem might be coming from?
Mad Poster
#380 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 2:38 AM Last edited by lauratje86 : 5th Aug 2010 at 2:55 AM. Reason: Answered some other poster's questions.
Quote: Originally posted by mathgirlky
IDK how to copy and paste in simPe. It wont show the little menu when I right click. It also has no paste button in any of the menu's. How do I paste cuz I don't want to have to re-write all of my chance cards and descriptions. HELP!

Left click in the text box where you want to paste your text (which I assume is in Word or something similar?) and then press Ctrl + V at the same time. That works for me! :-)

Having just looked at your profile, I see that you have uploaded your Nursing career, so you may've figured this out already, but if so maybe it'll help someone else!

Quote: Originally posted by sims2creator
i need help i have a new version of sim PE and i managed to write all the job levels and descriptions but i cant figure out where to write the chance cards... I have looked at the diagrams but my version of sim PE is different... I really want to try and make a career and I would REALLY appriciate it if someone could help me.
Thanks
xxx

Open your career in SimPE. Click on "Tools" (in the top menu bar thingy) and select "Bidou's Career Editor". This will opn your carre in the editor, which is much easier. Then click on the Chance Cards tab. Select the level you want to write a chance card for from the dropdown menu marked Level. In the box marked "Text Male" write the description of the two choices that the sim has (for example "$Me is lost in a maze, and comes to a T-junction. Does he want to turn left or right? ($Me will show up in game as the sim's name)) Click "Copy" next to it to copy it to the "Text Female" box. Change the pronouns to make it female (ie he to she).
Then add the choices into the boxes marked "ChoiceA" and "ChoiceB". (in my example, ChoiceA would be Left, and ChoiceB Right).
Then click on the "Pass A" tab. Here you write what would happen if the player picks ChoiceA in game, and is successful. (for example, Congratulations, $Me has found the way out of the maze!) Then click on the "Fail A" tab. Here you write what would happen if the player picks ChoiceA in game, and is unsuccessful (for example, Oh no, now $Me is really lost!). Do the same for PassB and FailB. Remember to copy each one across to the Female Text box and change the he's and his's etc!
For each of the 4 options (PassA, FailA, PassB and FailB), you must also indicate what will happen for that outcome. Sims can gain/lose skill points, job levels, and money. Use the "Effect" boxes to indicate what will happen". (for example, for my PassA of "Congratulations, $Me has found the way out of the maze!" the outcome could be a gain of one body skill point).

Then repeat this pocess for all 10 chance cards (assuming you have a 10 level career with a chance card for each level). I hope this helps!

Quote: Originally posted by callista450
Does anyone ever look at this anymore? I hope they do.

Anyway, I have a career I'm working on; and my issue is this--The chance cards work fine; the sims can get into the career; but when it's time for work, the carpool doesn't come. If I send the sim off to work through the "walk to work" option, the Sim never returns from work. The hours are also not the ones I entered. Does anyone know where my problem might be coming from?

I do, but I may not be much help as I don't have a huge amount of experience myself!

Hmmm, how odd..... If you open the career in SimPE with Bidou's Career Editor, are the hours shown there the ones you entered or different ones? In game, does the little pop up "carpool will arrive in an hour" come up or not? Does the walk to work option become available during the career hours that you chose or during different ones?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#381 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 3:19 PM
I believe this was solved while in #create. Callista had the wrong values for times in the BCON. The values are just the hours and not the minutes, and they are hex values.
Test Subject
#382 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 5:03 AM
If I'm doing a career that takes a separate path for females and males, what do I do when it comes to doing the chance cards? I mean, When it says :
Chance A choice
Chance B choice
Male Scenario text
Female scenario text ... blah blah blah,
what happenes if my guys choices would be different than what the girls choices were? I'm not talking about the results of the choices, I'm talking about the actual choices themselves that are (for some reason) ABOVE the scenario text.....
Mad Poster
#383 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 7:38 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 9th Aug 2010 at 9:24 PM. Reason: Added a response to HugeLunatic's post.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I believe this was solved while in #create. Callista had the wrong values for times in the BCON. The values are just the hours and not the minutes, and they are hex values.

Jolly good! I'm glad it got sorted :-) Thanks for letting me know! And as an added bonus it may be helpful to future readers of the thread if they know how the problems were solved, saves people asking the same questions again! :-D

Quote: Originally posted by ichigosan
If I'm doing a career that takes a separate path for females and males, what do I do when it comes to doing the chance cards? I mean, When it says :
Chance A choice
Chance B choice
Male Scenario text
Female scenario text ... blah blah blah,
what happenes if my guys choices would be different than what the girls choices were? I'm not talking about the results of the choices, I'm talking about the actual choices themselves that are (for some reason) ABOVE the scenario text.....

As far as I'm aware, that's not possible, I'm afraid. I could be wrong, though, maybe someone else can help you?
Test Subject
#384 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 5:55 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 31st Oct 2010 at 2:56 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3279883, 3279882
I have a question. If I am still working on my new career, does that mean I should not enter the game until I am 100% complete? I don't want the game to crash if someone looks for a job.

Im in the process of working out a few bugs I encountered with my career... so I'm not finished with it...

Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
As far as I'm aware, that's not possible, I'm afraid. I could be wrong, though, maybe someone else can help you?

is it possible for it to be a Female career only then? >_<
Mad Poster
#385 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 9:16 PM
I have a question. If I am still working on my new career, does that mean I should not enter the game until I am 100% complete? I don't want the game to crash if someone looks for a job.

Im in the process of working out a few bugs I encountered with my career... so I'm not finished with it...

Unless your career specifically causes crashes if someone uses the paper/computer or a mod or cheat to find a job, I would imagine that it shouldn't cause any problems :-) I often put my career files in game before I write all the text etc just to check that they show up when sims search for jobs and don't overwrite anything, and sometimes I forget to remove them after testing. I have never had a problem with it, but other people may've done!

is it possible for it to be a Female career only then? >_<

As far as I know, only to the extent that you could tell people in the upload post (if you upload it somewhere) that it is only suitable for females, and that they should only let their female sims find a job this career track! The male descriptions will always be there, but if you told people not to put male sims in this career track they would never actually be used/shown.
Test Subject
#386 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 1:03 PM

HELP please, I have this problem, so I cant create a career ... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#387 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 3:32 PM
Your using s3pe, which is for The Sims 3. This thread is for The Sims 2. You have been linked twice now to the tutorial for The Sims 3, please read that and post questions about it there.
Test Subject
#388 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:19 PM
I don't know this tutorial, and I been redirected on this with a link on a Sims 3 forum .
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Test Subject
#390 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:40 PM
It's THIS tutorial I don't understand
Test Subject
#391 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:56 PM
THIS tutorial is for the Sims 2
You need to use SimPE - A program for editing The Sims 2
You are trying to use S3PE - a Program for editing The Sims 3.

If you're using the wrong programs for the wrong game you're not going to understand it.

The person who linked you here for a Sims 3 careers tutorial made a mistake.
Test Subject
#392 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 4:46 PM
I use S3PE for his tutorial, I don't understand because I'M NOTE NATIVE ENGLISH !
And it's don't work
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#393 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 5:03 PM
satoship - DO NOT USE THIS TUTORIAL!

You MUST use the one by Twallan if you want to create careers for The Sims 3. If you don't understand something in that one, then ask Twallan at the site the tutorial is on.

Use this tutorial
Test Subject
#394 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 9:16 PM
You don't understand what I say ?
YOUR tutorial (the link you gived me) is don't work with me ^^

JE SUIS FRANÇAIS JE NE COMPREND PAS TOUT EN ANGLAIS
I'M FRENCH I DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL ENGLISH
Test Subject
#395 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 12:26 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 31st Oct 2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 3356606, 3356598
HEY HELLO PLEASEEE HELP ME I HAVE A LOT OF TIME TRYING TO FIX THIS PROBLES....
THIS IS MY PROBLEM:

I've been following your tutorial on custom careers and just have a quick question. I manged to reach the end of the tutorial, my first test (where I checked the chance cards and description were sucessful.) My sims can obtain the job, and go to it, but anytime they are promoted or try to take the job I get an error message;

An error occured in object "N004_User 00352 - Testing" #157
You sent me a crappy GUID. Please fix it. The stack trace is saved in "C:/ Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2/ Logs/ object error - N004_t3671.txt."

I'm gussing this might have to do with the GUID number, but I believe that I followed Superfly's tutorial on that well.
ALSO THE MESSAGE THAT APPEARS WHEN YOU GET PROMMOTED DOESN'T APPEAR IN MY COSTUM CAREER.!!!

PLASE HELP ME!!!

Flowood Or K-chan Pleasae Helo Me You Have Said That You Have Fix The Same Problem That I Have!! Than When My Sims Get Promoted They Don't Get Paid And The Little Message Doesnt Appear!! Please Hel Meeee!!!!!!!!!!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#396 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 12:37 AM
You have posted in two different Sims 3 forums about creating careers. Now your posting in a tutorial for Sims 2. Are you trying to create careers for Sims 2 or Sims 3? This tutorial is for The Sims 2. The tool your trying to use is for The Sims 3. Your trying to open a package file for Sims 2 in a Sims 3 tool which is causing the error.

This tutorial and the templates are for Sims 2 and will not work for Sims 3. If you don't understand the tutorial by Twallan that I linked, you will have to find someone to help you translate it to French. There are no other tutorials for careers in Sims 3 as far as I know.
Test Subject
#397 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 4:41 AM
Default Crappy Guid
HugeLunatic would you help me please i have the problem that i wrote in the las post do you know what can i do..... please help me!!!
Test Subject
#398 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 9:33 AM
I'm trying for create a career for SIMS 3
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#399 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 2:55 PM
satoship - Then DON'T use this tutorial!

This tutorial and the templates are for Sims 2 and will not work for Sims 3. If you don't understand the tutorial by Twallan that I linked, you will have to find someone to help you translate it to French. There are no other tutorials for careers in Sims 3 as far as I know.
Test Subject
#400 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 10:27 PM
Thank you for your help !

But... kike332527 are needing help to

Have a nice day :p
Page 16 of 17