Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

igazor, Jathom95

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on 17th Oct 2018 at 7:25 PM
Replies: 209 (Who?), Viewed: 9308 times.
Page 9 of 9
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#201 Old Yesterday at 8:24 AM
Thought I'd come back to this, as I just remembered a lovely gem I read earlier today. Read a post somewhere else about someone talking about S4's content and it was along the lines of "I prefer getting content this way. I remember packs in TS3 being so full of nothing. The content that was there wasn't fun or fleshed out at all. There might be more packs but to me they are better quality." Uhhhh, you realize that is exactly what they want you to think, right? The same people have divided up said content into several packs, including 14 stuff packs?! And what's this about TS3 content being so full of nothing? I swear, people who hate on TS3, or many of them at least, seem like they've never even, you know, PLAYED the actual game. That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever read.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Test Subject
#202 Old Yesterday at 8:30 PM Last edited by paul_dion011089 : Today at 11:36 AM. Reason: Whoops, it should be a comma, not a decimal point.
I think you're right about them not playing the game. I've also seen comments like that on Reddit and especially Youtube. It usually ranges from the common "creepy, ugly, less animated, less realistic, robotic, lifeless-eyed the Sims 3 Sims" are to the declarative "The Sims 3 Store costs $75,000" overall to how "the fourth game's building tools and its new terrain tools are much more complex" than the third one. Granted that almost all of the Sims 4-centric videos contain comments that are lambasting the newer game and/or comparing it to previous games, the fans are maybe just retaliating by bad mouthing the other games, sometimes with false claims, just to lift their favored game into a higher pedestal than the rest.

It's a sad situation that the community is fractured in these very days.
Alchemist
#203 Old Yesterday at 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
Thought I'd come back to this, as I just remembered a lovely gem I read earlier today. Read a post somewhere else about someone talking about S4's content and it was along the lines of "I prefer getting content this way. I remember packs in TS3 being so full of nothing. The content that was there wasn't fun or fleshed out at all. There might be more packs but to me they are better quality." Uhhhh, you realize that is exactly what they want you to think, right? The same people have divided up said content into several packs, including 14 stuff packs?! And what's this about TS3 content being so full of nothing? I swear, people who hate on TS3, or many of them at least, seem like they've never even, you know, PLAYED the actual game. That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever read.


Sometimes I have to wonder if the people that spout those kinds of things do it for the sake of trying to become a Yib, if they're not a Yib already. I'm not going to get into that, but I did just hear a fun line from one of my favorite storm chasers that I'll be sure hold on to. What he said was: " People are entitled to their opinions, and I'm entitled not to listen to them."

I need to find that on a t-shirt...
Top Secret Researcher
#204 Old Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
Thought I'd come back to this, as I just remembered a lovely gem I read earlier today. Read a post somewhere else about someone talking about S4's content and it was along the lines of "I prefer getting content this way. I remember packs in TS3 being so full of nothing. The content that was there wasn't fun or fleshed out at all. There might be more packs but to me they are better quality." Uhhhh, you realize that is exactly what they want you to think, right? The same people have divided up said content into several packs, including 14 stuff packs?! And what's this about TS3 content being so full of nothing? I swear, people who hate on TS3, or many of them at least, seem like they've never even, you know, PLAYED the actual game. That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever read.


I don't think they hate TS3, they are just clueless idiots who might have played TS3 for a while and then quit. TS3 was the last Sims game that came with proper EPs and SPs.
Now EAtards sell EPs to the EPs and SPs to complete other SPs and Generation-Idiot considers this very anti-consumer practice as a "good" deal. Go figure.
Inventor
#205 Old Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
Thought I'd come back to this, as I just remembered a lovely gem I read earlier today. Read a post somewhere else about someone talking about S4's content and it was along the lines of "I prefer getting content this way. I remember packs in TS3 being so full of nothing. The content that was there wasn't fun or fleshed out at all. There might be more packs but to me they are better quality." Uhhhh, you realize that is exactly what they want you to think, right? The same people have divided up said content into several packs, including 14 stuff packs?! And what's this about TS3 content being so full of nothing? I swear, people who hate on TS3, or many of them at least, seem like they've never even, you know, PLAYED the actual game. That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever read.

What?! That's exactly why I avoid reading comments on the Sims 4 sections.
Scholar
#206 Old Today at 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Sometimes I have to wonder if the people that spout those kinds of things do it for the sake of trying to become a Yib, if they're not a Yib already. I'm not going to get into that, but I did just hear a fun line from one of my favorite storm chasers that I'll be sure hold on to. What he said was: " People are entitled to their opinions, and I'm entitled not to listen to them."

I need to find that on a t-shirt...


I think the problem is that they don't see their point of view as an opinion but as the one and only truth and if you have a different opinion, you're telling lies.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Alchemist
#207 Old Today at 1:24 AM
Yib (n.) - a unit of information equal to 1024 zebibytes or 2^80 bytes.

And here we go again, a repeat of the "on fleek" fiasco of 2018. (Retreats to Urban Dictionary...oh, I see.)
Alchemist
#208 Old Today at 1:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
Yib (n.) - a unit of information equal to 1024 zebibytes or 2^80 bytes.

And here we go again, a repeat of the "on fleek" fiasco of 2018. (Retreats to Urban Dictionary...oh, I see.)


A zebibyte sounds like something that could be found in a questionable hotel room.

It isn't even close to "on fleek" . Sims say yib, although, EA took it upon themselves to contaminate the word with a new definition. This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote:
Yibs: Simlish for "yes."

YibSim: Simlish for "best friend." A term coined by Rachel Franklin to describe a group of Simmers who received special insider access to The Sims 4 back in its early development. Sims also say this when they become best friends in the game.‚Äč


http://www.simscommunity.info/socia...ictionary.5108/

The whole Yib thing was going on before TS4, but since TS4, it has reached a whole other level that is not good to put it nicely.
Forum Resident
#209 Old Today at 3:25 AM
So... If "yib" means yes. And "sim" are the equivalent of man (as in human). That means yibsim, the so called "best friend" is basically a yes-man.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yes-man

The shoes seems to fit...

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#210 Old Today at 5:16 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : Today at 6:06 PM.
Well, I'm beginning to think they get some inspiration from articles like this...

Granted, it's a Kotaku article, so take it for what you will. They are so, so obviously pulling for the absolute most minute points to make the game seem bad. I have absolutely no patience for anyone who presents their arguments like this.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Page 9 of 9
Back to top