Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing
Replies: 759 (Who?), Viewed: 20729 times.
Page 31 of 31
Alchemist
#751 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 4:47 AM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 16th Dec 2018 at 5:42 AM.
First off; I'm wasted, don't take this advice as if it would be from wise man. Because I'm not.
Secondly; live in the moment. It's the best time you'll experience. You can't enjoy your current meal if you think about what you'll eat tomorrow. Enjoy the small things of the day.
Don't think about your past and you what you could've changed, but rather, learn from it. Also, only think about your future if it has any financial gain. That's the most important in these times. Live in the 'now'.
Thirdly; thank god for autocorrect.

Use this info however you want, I won't judge.

Reality's an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee
#752 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
First off; I'm wasted, don't take this advice as if it would be from wise man. Because I'm not.
Secondly; live in the moment. It's the best time you'll experience. You can't enjoy your current meal if you think about what you'll eat tomorrow. Enjoy the small things of the day.
Don't think about your past and you what you could've changed, but rather, learn from it. Also, only think about your future if it has any financial gain. That's the most important in these times. Live in the 'now'.
Thirdly; thank god for autocorrect.

Use this info however you want, I won't judge.

1. Actually the advice has some credence. But I may take it with a grain of salt.
2. I think a lot of us struggle to appreciate the now. We usually have forgotten about this advice because we are told to look forward and look backward for so many reasons. I might be eating angel hair with marinara one night but if I think of anything else along the lines of tomorrow's dinner like udon noodle soup, it would make me lose sight of the food I'm eating, so yes it is important to be in the now. I had made numerous mistakes prior to any in the last month to the tune of my life having numerous mistakes. But I have to remember I can't really change beyond moving forward and even moving forward means sacrifices to the here and now. I am currently saving up to travel. Mainly because I read of places my father has been to on work as a teacher and program manager at Microsoft, but although I can speak the languages, he can't, not to mention, I never had a passport nor have I ever left the USA. Any ride on an airplane was within borders to either Anaheim, CA (we were on vacation) or Princeton Junction, NJ. (we made a few visits back home during me and my parents' stay in the Seattle area.)

As far as the here and now, I really can't complain. 9 days left until Christmas and I currently received a check in the mail as Christmas money, but I used it to pay an overdraft because of my Christmas shopping. Right now, that check dramatically reduce what I owe the bank. I don't have any complaints beyond wishing it was $100 (My parents each got $100 and I got $50. It was my only complaint on the matter.)
3. I think autocorrect only works in your favor is if you teach it the common words in your vocabulary.

Like I have said, grain of salt.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Alchemist
#753 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 6:32 PM
Another day of arguing with my brother, because god forbid I asked him to keep the dog calm while my Uncle's here. That somehow became an hour of arguing because even though he wrote a whole 70 pages of lines that read "I won't answer back", he still answered back continuously. Sidenote, but because he picked to have a tantrum on his bed instead of calming the dog, the dog did a massive poo on his carpet.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#754 Old Yesterday at 11:57 AM
Stayed up till 4am watching WWE TLC, so I feel like a zombie. Good thng I only work evenings on Mondays is all I can say. Urrrrrgh!

Worth it though.

.:: B2 SIMS ::. All my creations in one place. With added brainspill.
.:: B2 SIMS: SIMBLR EDITION ::.Tumblr showcase. No frills, no spills.
.:: @B2Sims ::.Tweet, tweet!
Inventor
#755 Old Yesterday at 2:25 PM
A day of tripple dread.
(1) Gotta get the kid out of bed for school and (2) I know she was up late, so that may mean an episode at school. (3) School meeting about her behavior and why I've not waved my magic wand to get her to behave.
Looking forward to tomorrow mostly. I have to be at the hospital really early but dear wife wants to take our child along for the ride instead of letting her sleep in. That part is going to be a boondoggle. Once I'm all checked in and the doctor slices my knee open and pounds in some metal parts, I'll be in heaven.

Maybe that was a poor choice of words. I mean it will be peaceful.

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#756 Old Yesterday at 6:32 PM
Well, watching some OnDemand episodes of MythBusters.

My mother made a concession this year.

Normally she watches Hallmark channel movies (Same shit, different year) but because of this, it leads to us fighting.

We were supposed to have a second line run to my room, but the man who was supposed to run it has to care for his kid, who was exposed to an unvaccinated child and got sick.

Due to the likelihood of the runner spending the holidays in the hospital for his kid, my mother will not delete the MythBusters megathon. Upon the availability of the runner, we're going to switch boxes.

As odd as it sounds, mom and I are actually different in such examples.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#757 Old Today at 11:45 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : Today at 6:38 PM.
It's quiet, at least for the moment. I suspect there will be some drama later ( leftovers from yesterday. Problem is being worked on, but isn't resolved yet) and unless there is some important information I need to know, the reply will be "STFU". Thanks to all the drama, arm-flailing and nonsense yesterday, I get to play catch-up today and unless somebody is going to volunteer to take over my "To-Do List", I don't want to hear the BS. Silence would be the best course of action sans the usual house noise...

EDIT: Problem solved. Now I'm supposed to the the adult and drop it.

Sunday night: There was a problem with the car. Lack of action suggested that I was lying about said problem.
Monday morning: The sky is falling moment happened when it was discovered that I wasn't lying and that there was a problem.
Today: To fix the so-called lie costs a couple hundred bucks.

I wonder how many more hundreds need to be shelled out to people because I apparently have nothing else better to do than lie about problems with the car.

Alchemist
#758 Old Today at 2:15 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Today at 2:47 PM.
I hear my neighbor Bob working on his retirement home. I think I mentioned earlier that Bob tore his house down and he later destroyed the foundation, which he's still using a jackhammer.

He and his wife Carmela are planning to live in the house when he's done with construction.

Happy that he has his priorities straightened out.

Me? When I was young, I had planned of a bloodshed-free world domination, because of my constant bullying problems, then I wanted to become a voice actor. But even as my mind jumped from profession to profession, part of the problem was I hid secrets from my high school classmates, back when I lived in the forest. I was dealing with recovery from the hell junior high was.

Even to this day, I haven't really gotten my priorities straight. Nor have I figured out how to forget I was a target for bullies. So I guess I am jealous.

I guess I am jealous of couples like Bob and Carmela because they have a dream house they are making come true.

Alchemist
#759 Old Today at 7:03 PM
Feeling really Christmasy today! It's the resident's Christmas party at work. Everyone's so festive and having a good time.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#760 Old Today at 8:30 PM
Last night, I found out a pretty dark bit about my early education years.

Due to my acceleration in knowledge and my information sponge personality traits, I drove two teachers to suicide. I'm not sure suicide would be the exact word, but they seemed as if they dropped off the face of the Earth, never to be found.

It started in preschool and whatever I did, made a teacher up and quit and she was never seen or heard from again.

The following year, kindergarten, I was rapidly talking the poor teacher's ear off and I broke her. What's worse was she was a 19 year veteran of kindergarten teaching and up until she met me, she thought she knew what 5-6 year old children were like. Because of her disappearance after she met me, my parents had been force to enroll me in a segregated part of the school system.

I was constantly pilled and under supervision of various doctors and behavioralists and still am.

I can't believe the reason I have "professional patient" as the only designation for my occupation is because I was a menace to public school. When I went to 4th grade, put back into the public school system and no one got ahold of the records... They never knew about my threat level.

Pretty dark of a bombshell for a parent to drop on their only blood child that they are responsible for the death or disappearances of two teachers. Whether he's lying, or Dutch Neck Elementary knows of my fatal, high speed mouth, he got me pretty screwed up.

So, I'm pretty screwed up over the idea of actually breaking the wills of two teachers.

Page 31 of 31